Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
All
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Manually force the finale to start or force the rescue to arrive.
    Old 03-04-2024 , 02:37   [L4D2] Finale Control
    Reply With Quote #1

Alright, this is my first time trying to write a plugin for Left 4 Dead 2, and it may not be flawless. So any suggestions or improvements are welcomed.

It's major function is to manually force the finale to start or force the rescue to arrive. Especially useful in some custom campaigns when the finale stage stuck and the rescue vehicle never coming. And also you can use it when you want to skip the long waiting rescue. No other dependencies required.

It's original idea is from a mod called 'Admin System', written in Squirrel language, and I ported it to SourcePawn language, and added some improvements.

And thanks to Marttt's 'l4d2_unlock_finales' plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=333274) provides a way to remove the entity for blocking survivors in official campaigns when finale starts.

Usage:
    You can type !finale or /finale in chat box to open the 'Finale Options' menu. And you can also type '/finale start' or '/finale rescue' in chat box, they will do the same as selecting in the menu.

There are several types of finales, such as:
    1. 'Defending Type' (When finale starts, you need to defend and wait for several minutes, the rescue arrives).
    2. 'Gas Can Filling Type' (When specified amount of gas cans are poured, the rescue arrives).
    3. 'Run To The Finish Type' (The rescue vehicle is already waiting for you at the finish line, you just need to run to it, the rescue completes).

This plugin only supports all 'Defending Type' and most 'Gas Can Filling Type' campaigns. 'Run To The Finish Type' campaigns are not supported, cuz rescue vehicle is already here in the finish line. For Example, c5m5 (The Parish Finale) and c13m4 (Cold Stream Finale) are not supported.

Just simply download the 3 following files, and put 'l4d2_finale_control.sp' into your 'scripting' folder, put 'l4d2_finale_control.smx' into your 'plugins' folder, put 'l4d2_finale_control.phrases.txt' into your 'translations' folder.
    That's all.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_finale_control.sp - 89 views - 11.2 KB)
    File Type: smx l4d2_finale_control.smx (7.7 KB, 42 views)
    File Type: txt l4d2_finale_control.phrases.txt (447 Bytes, 58 views)
    Mystik Spiral
    Old 03-04-2024 , 07:08   Re: [L4D2] Finale Control
    Reply With Quote #2

You have a different approach, but there seems to be some overlap with:

[L4D2] Finale Stage hanging fix (finale tank fix)
    Old 03-04-2024 , 08:03   Re: [L4D2] Finale Control
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral View Post
    You have a different approach, but there seems to be some overlap with:

[L4D2] Finale Stage hanging fix (finale tank fix)
    Yes. I have used this plugin before. It's a good plugin, makes the finale never stuck in some stages. But sometimes I would like to just skip the long waiting, and I have to type /nextstage in chat box many times to make the rescue vehicle arrives, which is a little bit inconvenient. Then I found that modifying the game's own entity properties can also do the job, so I tried to write this plugin, and it works! Also it doesn't needed any signatures or hooks to work, so it's a new way to make the rescue to arrive.