Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2 Remote Control Sentry Guns

Post New Thread Reply   

Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2009 , 05:58   Re: TF2 Remote Control Sentry Guns
Reply With Quote #31

quick bug report. When you turn off your command of a sentry, it tends to alter the direction it's looking. The best way to describe this is the direction the base is looking is the axis by which the sentry moves, and the base gets off axis when you into and out of control of the sentry, and in other situations as well. I like the menu, and the adjustable speed and ability to move different items though. A suggestion is to be able to adjust speed of other objects besides the sentry gun as well. Finally, a command in the /remote menu that turns off your control of an item. i think it would make more sense for people unfamiliar with it to just go back to the menu and turn it off possibly. Have it both places really.
Old 07-03-2009 , 06:05   Re: TF2 Remote Control Sentry Guns
Reply With Quote #32

ahahahahaha Thats soooo funny, I have to add this
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2009 , 06:07   Re: TF2 Remote Control Sentry Guns
Reply With Quote #33

Actually thinking about it, if you're able to move a sentry around, why not move a teleporter and disp too!

Matt
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2009 , 06:10   Re: TF2 Remote Control Sentry Guns
Reply With Quote #34

Naris and omega have been working on it, and have added teles and dispensers. It's really fun, and is a huge hit on our server, so we're probably gonna open up another one 24/7 sentry wars.
Old 07-03-2009 , 12:44   Re: TF2 Remote Control Sentry Guns
Reply With Quote #35

This looks interesting...I already have zgrabber running on my heavily modded server. Would this be able to coexist with zgrabber? This looks to be the best thing since sliced bread i may drop zgrabber and implement this provided its not too hard on the server.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-03-2009 , 16:48   Re: TF2 Remote Control Sentry Guns
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis787 View Post
This looks interesting...I already have zgrabber running on my heavily modded server. Would this be able to coexist with zgrabber? This looks to be the best thing since sliced bread i may drop zgrabber and implement this provided its not too hard on the server.
Sure, this can cp-exist with the grabber. Als, It would be intersting to see what happens if someone grabs something that is being remote controlled -- it would probably wind up flailing around as it gets pushed in different direction by 2 different people
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-03-2009 , 16:52   Re: TF2 Remote Control Sentry Guns
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexual Harassment Panda View Post
A suggestion is to be able to adjust speed of other objects besides the sentry gun as well.
The speed setting affects ALL objects. The only difference sentry guns have is that their level is factored into the speed....

erm -- actually that isn't really a difference either since all objects have levels now and it doesn't check if it's a sentry, only if the UpgradeLevel > 0.
naris
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-03-2009 , 16:57   Re: TF2 Remote Control Sentry Guns
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexual Harassment Panda View Post
Finally, a command in the /remote menu that turns off your control of an item. i think it would make more sense for people unfamiliar with it to just go back to the menu and turn it off possibly. Have it both places really.
I suggest using the sm_remote command instead of sm_remote_on & sm_remnote_off (which I only left in because they were in the original).

If you are already controlling something, it stops controlling that objects, otherwise it either controls the object you are looking at, controls ony object you have (if you only have 1 applicable object) or presents the menu.

There are also the new sm_sentry, sm_enter, sm_exit & sm_disp commands that do the same thing as sm_remote, but only for the specific kind of object.
Sexual Harassment Panda
Veteran Member
Old 07-03-2009 , 17:48   Re: TF2 Remote Control Sentry Guns
Reply With Quote #39

ok well i've only been using the chat command /remote, which puts up the menu and you select what you want to control. to turn it off I've been using /remote_off or cancel or whatever it is.
Old 07-04-2009 , 12:35   Re: TF2 Remote Control Sentry Guns
Reply With Quote #40

It seems you guys are more interested in maintaining and updating the concept than I am...if whoever is working on it wants to post their updated plugin as a new plugin I'll post a link to yours and let this one die.