Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Zombie Gravity Issue

Post New Thread Reply   

Secretnature
Old 07-04-2010 , 04:01   Zombie Gravity Issue
Reply With Quote #1

Hello everyone, I'm new to the Zombie:Reloaded world as many others, due to the infamous CS:S Update. I've read through most of my problems with this mod. However, I have yet to see a thread about gravity issues.

When we start out as Humans, we can jump regularly with the right amount of gravity (800). But when someone gets turned into a zombie, it is as if the zombies have higher gravity. They can still jump the same height as the humans, but they come down to earth at record speeds. I was wondering if/ and how I could fix this problem.

-Thanks in advance

Oh and Happy 4th of July everyone!
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-04-2010 , 04:45   Re: Zombie Gravity Issue
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretnature View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to the Zombie:Reloaded world as many others, due to the infamous CS:S Update. I've read through most of my problems with this mod. However, I have yet to see a thread about gravity issues.

When we start out as Humans, we can jump regularly with the right amount of gravity (800). But when someone gets turned into a zombie, it is as if the zombies have higher gravity. They can still jump the same height as the humans, but they come down to earth at record speeds. I was wondering if/ and how I could fix this problem.

-Thanks in advance

Oh and Happy 4th of July everyone!
This would be a *feature* of using the current speed method found on the Stable branch, if you were to set your speed to a more normal value you'd find you wouldn't fall as fast. From my current understanding the new speed code is going to be rolled into the Stable branch soon.
Greyscale
Old 07-04-2010 , 04:53   Re: Zombie Gravity Issue
Reply With Quote #3

Happy 4th to you too

I think this change should be back-ported to the stable branch as well. This new method in zr-dev is the same way that ZM sets speed. And thanks to blodia we uncapped Valve's limit on speed.
Old 07-04-2010 , 11:31   Re: Zombie Gravity Issue
Reply With Quote #4

Alright, thanks Kyle12 and Greyscale! I would slow the zombies down to regular speed, but that would sorta defeat the purpose of having knockback/classes. I'm sure you guys are hard at work with this mod. So I just wanted to point out that this is little issue that is causing people to not want to play. The reason it is such a problem, is because I run both ZMassacre and ZEscape maps on my server. The "gravity" problem makes it almost impossible for zombies to make important jumps.
If this issue can be fixed, I may never go back to ZombieMod! I love Zombie:reloaded and all of it's creativity. I'm still having issues with the human and zombie classes (If I try to make 1, the server stops Zombie:Reloaded, and it goes to default). But overall, Zombie:Reloaded is the best CS:S Mod to date!

-Thanks
santaclaus
Old 07-04-2010 , 12:44   Re: Zombie Gravity Issue
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
The "gravity" problem makes it almost impossible for zombies to make important jumps.
Have you tried modifying their jump's lenght in playerclasses.txt.

I had somehow that issue on a certain map they couldn't reach a bridge (could on old zombiemod), i have increased the threshold of the anti-bhop and somehow now i can reach it.

Try i would say.

Last edited by santaclaus; 07-04-2010 at 14:11.
rhelgeby
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2010 , 12:53   Re: Zombie Gravity Issue
Reply With Quote #6

Yes, jump height and distance can be increased a bit to compensate for the important jumps. But the jump feeling won't be the same.

I've back ported support for choosing speed method into the stable branch now (r621). There's no official patch yet because we'll do a few other fixes too before making an official patch.

Zombie:Reloaded | PawnUnit | Object Library
(Please don't send private messages for support, they will be ignored. Use the forum.)
Send a message via MSN to rhelgeby
Greyscale
Old 07-04-2010 , 15:30   Re: Zombie Gravity Issue
Reply With Quote #7

I'll add the snippet that uncaps the maxspeed, and add sv_maxspeed to zombiereloaded.cfg.

EDIT: Nvm I see you already did that.

Last edited by Greyscale; 07-04-2010 at 15:34.