Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Missing functions on docker for AMXX

Post New Thread Reply   

Asiimovicek
Old 01-29-2024 , 09:50   Missing functions on docker for AMXX
Reply With Quote #1

I gonna be honest here... I do not know what to do now... I installed some packages, that might have something to do with missing functions, but all I can see is still missing functions for AMXX 1.9 and AMXX 1.10.
Paradoxically 1.8 is working (i mean... it loads up without errors but I did not do any tests if it works well with mods/plugins...).

Main reason i want atleast 1.9, is plugin author of Zombie Plague Special no longer supports 1.8 so... Yeah, and i want to have latest version obviously...

I also disabled all plugins, so only AMXX loads up - it does not work...

So... Any idea how it to make it works?

I’am providing some additional info:
Using VPS with ARM64 architecture - Oracle Cloud Infrastructure

I’am using latest version of Pterodactyl panel with Wings

Docker images to emulate AMD64 and I386 - quintenqvd/pterodactyl_images:emulation

also tried box86 only from the same author.

Here is install script inside docker, to run the HLDS
install script
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	70
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	203012  

Last edited by Asiimovicek; 01-31-2024 at 12:54. Reason: Adding question...
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2024 , 19:42   Re: Missing functions on docker for AMXX
Reply With Quote #2

SteamCMD never downloads all the files on the first, or second, or third (etc.) try. IIRC, you have to keep running the install command until it stops downloading files. I haven't heard anything about this bug being fixed.

Also, I don't see the required extra command line arguments required for Counter-Strike 1.6 but maybe this come in the EXTRA_FLAGS variable that we can't see at this level of the script?

This is just some random things I thought about when I scanned over your post. I've never needed to use Docker before so I'm not sure of all the caveats required to make it work with an HLDS.
Old 01-30-2024 , 00:18   Re: Missing functions on docker for AMXX
Reply With Quote #3

Well... I did used some other args. (Like "-beta Beta"), but the outcome is, that it is even more unstable and after around 30 seconds, it just freeze up and don't work - no logs whatsoever. So i rather don't use any other args.
And yeah... I also added the server download procces couple times (5x) but the outcome is same.
I know exagear instead of box86 works, but problem is that Wings and Pterodactyl panel kinda don't work with Exagear, because it basically "generates" new console, with Pterodactyl cannot interact for some reason.

And also... steamcmd have also some sort of problem with Exagear... When i used Open Game Panel instead of pterodactyl, i had to install servers first download it to my PC then upload it trough FTP / SFTP... Kinda pain...

E: I attached Pterodactyl egg, that is modified by few lines... If someone can also test it out and probably try to find a solution, i will be happy... (zip because JSON is not supported here...)

E2: So i just spent basically 2 whole days to find out some solution... But unfortunetly, i found nothing... I also tried to make a complete new docker image with exagear, but this time, every time i deploy the image with exagear and preinstalled steam and HLDS, it have problem to load libsteam_api.so, even tho the steamcmd says it is completely okay and validated and exagear is presented in the image...

So... probably my conclusion for now is: Emulating HLDS inside docker on ARM64 = unsolvable problems / unstable... - Install exagear on host and start the HLDS normally instead in docker (Use Open Game Panel...)

Last edited by Asiimovicek; 01-31-2024 at 12:55.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 02-02-2024 , 00:22   Re: Missing functions on docker for AMXX
Reply With Quote #4

NOTE: I wrote this reply based on your post before you edited it.

I took a quick look at the install script and it does not appear to include any of the things required to install a GoldSource (HLDS) server like Counter-Strike 1.6.

Take a look at the explanation in SteamCMD: Downloading an App for HLDS (AppID = 90). They have examples for the method recommended for automation in SteamCMD: Automating SteamCMD.

Notice that the original script yours is based on even mentioned that there is some extra stuff needed for "cs 1.6".

This is the first I've heard of Pterodactyl (I played around with LinuxGSM once but never actually needed to run a server myself) so I don't have anything set up to be able to test it.