12% 

[CS:GO] TTT - Trouble in Terrorist Town

Post New Thread Reply   

thenumb3rguy
Old 07-06-2016 , 11:24   Re: [CS:GO] TTT - Trouble in Terrorist Town
Reply With Quote #381

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinkjhq View Post
That because he was lucky, one in my server was T for 7 rounds straight before he finally got I, if you let the role_again enable you may get that effect.

Anyway can anyway pls tell me how to get the Traitor Doors to work?
How about change it to max X rounds? This is to prevent players from knowing who would be innocent because they were T in the previous round with role_again enabled.

I have noticed a weird trend with grabber mod that at multiple occasions, dragging a body ragdoll for too long will cause server to crash.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/botarnold
good_live
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-06-2016 , 11:45   Re: [CS:GO] TTT - Trouble in Terrorist Town
Reply With Quote #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenumb3rguy View Post
How about change it to max X rounds? This is to prevent players from knowing who would be innocent because they were T in the previous round with role_again enabled.

I have noticed a weird trend with grabber mod that at multiple occasions, dragging a body ragdoll for too long will cause server to crash.
That has been an idea already, but it still makes it predictable who's traitor(or in that case who's not).

I haven't experienced a server crash, because of holding a radgoll for too long. Are there any error logs?

Last edited by good_live; 07-06-2016 at 11:47.
Kilroy85
Old 07-06-2016 , 19:40   Re: [CS:GO] TTT - Trouble in Terrorist Town
Reply With Quote #383

It makes it predictable if people are consistently traitor x amount of times in a row so you begin to count it. Plus not all players are traitor multiple times in a row, so having a max prevents people from being Traitor too many times in a row (my server had someone who was traitor 10 times in a row on one map).

People complained that they were not Traitor because only a few people were traitor over and over again and then I even had people complain about being Traitor too many times in a row. So we went to the "Can't be it multiple times in a row" which in my opinion is obviously a lot less fun since you KNOW who is innocent on the following round. I honestly keep checking for a TTT update, solely for this fix =/
good_live
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-07-2016 , 00:44   Re: [CS:GO] TTT - Trouble in Terrorist Town
Reply With Quote #384

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy85 View Post
It makes it predictable if people are consistently traitor x amount of times in a row so you begin to count it. Plus not all players are traitor multiple times in a row, so having a max prevents people from being Traitor too many times in a row (my server had someone who was traitor 10 times in a row on one map).

People complained that they were not Traitor because only a few people were traitor over and over again and then I even had people complain about being Traitor too many times in a row. So we went to the "Can't be it multiple times in a row" which in my opinion is obviously a lot less fun since you KNOW who is innocent on the following round. I honestly keep checking for a TTT update, solely for this fix =/
From where do you know smth like this? You never know, when a players row of beeing Traitor ends. Also i'm not saying that the random Algorithm doesnt need to get improved, but setting a cap is a bad work around. (As i said you can count how often a players has been traitor and when he reached the limit you know that he is goign to be innocent next round). There should always be a chance to get traitor (also it needs to run against 0)
thenumb3rguy
Old 07-07-2016 , 01:10   Re: [CS:GO] TTT - Trouble in Terrorist Town
Reply With Quote #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_live View Post
From where do you know smth like this? You never know, when a players row of beeing Traitor ends. Also i'm not saying that the random Algorithm doesnt need to get improved, but setting a cap is a bad work around. (As i said you can count how often a players has been traitor and when he reached the limit you know that he is goign to be innocent next round). There should always be a chance to get traitor (also it needs to run against 0)
Maybe a weighing system to decide who should be T next? Multiple factors such as karma, and who hasnt been T for x rounds will eventually get a chance to be t? However I think the plugin should get optimized first before developing new features as 25 players is enough to cause red sv, var values (CPU: 1270v3) and on the other hand my Jb on the same server could handle 50 players without any problem.

thenumb3rguy
Old 07-07-2016 , 05:52   Re: [CS:GO] TTT - Trouble in Terrorist Town
Reply With Quote #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_live View Post
That has been an idea already, but it still makes it predictable who's traitor(or in that case who's not).

I haven't experienced a server crash, because of holding a radgoll for too long. Are there any error logs?
I dont know what is causing this crash: https://crash.limetech.org/s5plakc7mrzt

Crazy991
Old 07-08-2016 , 03:43   Re: [CS:GO] TTT - Trouble in Terrorist Town
Reply With Quote #387

Trying to compile ttt.sp but says ERROR cannot read from file core/global.sp

Edit: Fixed by dragging the core file to scriptings folder.

Last edited by Crazy991; 07-08-2016 at 03:44. Reason: Fixed
Kilroy85
Old 07-10-2016 , 18:36   Re: [CS:GO] TTT - Trouble in Terrorist Town
Reply With Quote #388

A cap is a relatively easy fix that some server owners might prefer over people getting traitor over 10 times in a row... You can say you can easily count up how many times someone will be traitor in a row and then you know they are traitor the next round, but when you are talking about multiple times in a row it is easy to lose count or not even care if people are rotating in and out at different intervals. As it stands now,almost every person we have had on our server, got tired of seeing a select few individuals be traitor every round for almost the entire map. It isn't very enjoyable if you play for over an hour, never get Traitor and someone get's traitor every round instead of you.
Kilroy85
Old 07-10-2016 , 18:37   Re: [CS:GO] TTT - Trouble in Terrorist Town
Reply With Quote #389

For what it's worth I agree that the algorithm being fixed would be better, obviously. I just don't see a reason to not allow a cap in how many times someone can be T in a row. If people don't want to use it, don't use it.
mroreo3
Old 07-12-2016 , 17:37   Re: [CS:GO] TTT - Trouble in Terrorist Town
Reply With Quote #390

Willing to pay someone to set up on my CSGO server http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198180866661/
add me to talk details