Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 06-01-2016 , 17:15   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4621

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlmitC View Post
Yeah, I think that's a possibility, but even one of my other servers with just about 70 maps is lagging a bit before the mapvote starts.
And in contrast to the built-in mapchooser I think UMC is indexing all maps and really checking whether they exist, maybe it would be a nice feature to make it just picking an entry without any checking if there is a specific amount of maps reached. So that it would work like the default mapchoose just with all the group features UMC provides.
Support for this plugin disappeared a long time ago. I believe similar code will be rolled into future versions of SM, but for changes in this plugin, you'll have to do the coding yourself.

I'm not sure if you'd want UMC to not check if maps exist. I can't recall what happens if a map change is called to a map that doesn't exist, but it wouldn't be anything good. I suspect it may crash some games, while other would simply stay on the same map, and in some games that is pretty much the same thing as a crash if there is no admin around to manually change the map. The benefits really don't outweigh the risks in my opinion. That said, the map existance checking should be something really simple to remove from the source code and recompile if that's what you really want to do.

It seems like I had a small issue once awhile back with some lag with a large amount of maps. I simply reduced the size (number of maps eligible for a vote) of my umc_mapcycle file, and had several of those, so that I could change them easily for something like a holiday rotation, and those types of things.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
carlS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-01-2016 , 17:24   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4622

Ok, thank you really much for your help, I think I'll have to go over the code then on my own....

"Only the unknown frightens men. But once a man has faced the unknown, that terror becomes the known."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Maliwolf
Old 06-07-2016 , 19:57   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4623

Does anyone have this working with workshop maps for TF2 using a tiered vote? Ive tried different versions and tried the Powerlord github which i compiled myself, but wont work at all. I use sourcemod 1.8.0-git5908.

with the github version (here) i get the following error.
Spoiler

with the 3.4.6 (here)
Spoiler
Kilroy85
Old 06-08-2016 , 14:57   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4624

Plugin is working pretty great!

Only issue I am having, is that when we do RTV, I have the sm_umc_rtv_changetime set to change at the end of the round... but it never changes the map.

Any Ideas?
Kilroy85
Old 06-08-2016 , 17:24   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4625

It looks like it is changing the nextmap but not switching the map until the end of the round, even when I have sm_umc_rtv_changetime set to "0" or "1"
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 06-09-2016 , 17:13   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliwolf View Post
Does anyone have this working with workshop maps for TF2 using a tiered vote? Ive tried different versions and tried the Powerlord github which i compiled myself, but wont work at all. I use sourcemod 1.8.0-git5908.

with the github version (here) i get the following error.
Spoiler

with the 3.4.6 (here)
Spoiler
It sure looks like it's not reading your mapcycle file. Make sure you have it in the correct location and formatted correctly. Perhaps try recompiling.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 06-09-2016 , 17:19   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy85 View Post
It looks like it is changing the nextmap but not switching the map until the end of the round, even when I have sm_umc_rtv_changetime set to "0" or "1"

Well, setting it to 1 specifies changing at the end of the round. Specifying 0 should change it immediately, but it may not work in some games. What game is it?

My plugins:
Maliwolf
Old 06-09-2016 , 22:07   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
It sure looks like it's not reading your mapcycle file. Make sure you have it in the correct location and formatted correctly. Perhaps try recompiling.
Its just that particular github version that has that problem. I can compile all the other versions and have it read my mapcycle.
Hunter6272
Old 06-12-2016 , 07:03   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
Well, setting it to 1 specifies changing at the end of the round. Specifying 0 should change it immediately, but it may not work in some games. What game is it?
I am getting the same issue with 0 in game : csgo . It changes instantly a lot of times and then sometimes randomly it doesn't change till the round end and doing rtv shows [Cannot rtv till next map]
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-12-2016 , 09:30   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #4630

Does this plugin works on CSGO, because i uploaded it and put everything on the right place and it doesn't run and i don't get any errors in my console ore logs.