Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Theme Error: default is not a valid theme. Must have a valid theme.conf.php file.

Post New Thread Reply   

HvG Community
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-17-2020 , 00:45   Theme Error: default is not a valid theme. Must have a valid theme.conf.php file.
Reply With Quote #1

Theme Error: default is not a valid theme. Must have a valid theme.conf.php file.
But there is default folder inside of themes (775 permissions) and there is theme.conf.php inside of default folder (664 permissions). I tried also 777 for theme.conf.php its the same.

I didn't manually create themes_c folder before installation, could that have caused this?
Also I manually created config.php as it didn't exist.

I just checked and in MYSQL database sb_settings, config.theme is also set to default.

Last edited by HvG Community; 12-17-2020 at 00:57.
HvG Community
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-17-2020 , 19:29   Re: Theme Error: default is not a valid theme. Must have a valid theme.conf.php file.
Reply With Quote #2

The solution was re-installing.

Also, make sure that when you are setting permissions on folders, owner and group are the same as your web server user.

So if you are using apache, your web server user is probably www-data.

What you can also do is add your personal account to www-data group:
sudo adduser username www-data
And then also add write access to group. So instead of sudo chmod -R 644 demos you will do 664.

And also don't have newest version of PHP like me (7.4), else you will have to go around dozen of files and remove code that is incompatible.