[L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments

Post New Thread Reply   

jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-20-2016 , 21:06   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #271

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
hmm so your not having any issue but Sev is...and he removed the identity fix and it fixed his issue...give me a sec, both of you can test this out, I edited Merudo's SIF with a postnocopy hook instead of just a post hook, which optimizes the hooking method, doesn't check prehook first...I don't seem to be having issues anymore, but i need you guys to test it out...either way if the identity fix still works with my changes, it would still be better to use than Merudo's at the moment because the hook is optimized...try it out and let me know his plugin still works...
On it...
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 07-20-2016 , 21:16   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking View Post
On it...
awesome thanks...also if issues do arise, which i may have discovered alittle odd behavior from the change i made, I think I can possibly work it so ME uses prehooks for the same things SIF uses posthooks for, or vice versa, to possibly avoid conflicts...but i have a feeling this will be a trial and error thing, If Sev doesn't get back tonight i'll PM him tomorrow and try a few things...I think though this issue can be resolved...at the moment i can't fully test it because i no longer use a 4+ server, just normal now, so i don't need the fix, however i test in splitscreen and do get odd behavior if it isn't working correctly, hence needing the help testing it properly, thanks again...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 07-20-2016 at 21:18.
jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-20-2016 , 21:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #273

Quote:
awesome thanks...also if issues do arise, which i may have discovered alittle odd behavior from the change i made, I think I can possibly work it so ME uses prehooks for the same things SIF uses posthooks for, or vice versa, to possibly avoid conflicts...but i have a feeling this will be a trial and error thing, If Sev doesn't get back tonight i'll PM him tomorrow and try a few things...I think though this issue can be resolved...at the moment i can't fully test it because i no longer use a 4+ server, just normal now, so i don't need the fix, however i test in splitscreen and do get odd behavior if it isn't working correctly, hence needing the help testing it properly, thanks again...
Just did a quick run thru Hotel, no issues, weps change just fine. One thing tho as before but not quite as pronounced as the original ME, is when you add the 2nd wep/item, the first one drops (annoying) and you have to pick it up again, but other than that seems fine, no errors.

Last edited by jking; 07-21-2016 at 15:02.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 07-20-2016 , 21:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #274

Quote:
Just did a quick run thru Hotel, no issues, weps change just fine, no issues. One thing tho as before but not quite as pronounced as the old original ME, is when you add the 2nd wep, the first one drops (annoying) and you have to pick it up again, but other than that seems fine, no errors.
ok good now 2 questions, have you tested it while other players have connected/disconnected, or were you alone? And have you tested closing the saferoom door at the end of the map while in thirdperson? I believe these are the 2 scenarios that would confirm Merudo's SIF plugin works, as well as the viewing system in ME...if so then good, if not then test again if you don't mind, under those conditions. Preferably thirdpersonshoulder, because i'm pretty sure that's what Sev is using...again, greatly appreciative for the testing.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 07-20-2016 at 21:31.
jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-20-2016 , 21:31   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #275

Quote:
ok good now 2 questions, have you tested it while other players have connected/disconnected, or were you alone? And have you tested closing the saferoom door at the end of the map while in thirdperson? I believe these are the 2 scenarios that would confirm Merudo's SIF plugin works, as well as the viewing system in ME...if so then good, if not then test again if you don't mind, under those conditions. Preferably thirdpersonshoulder, because i'm pretty sure that's what Sev is using...
I was alone but will do that, brb...
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 07-20-2016 , 21:38   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #276

Quote:
I was alone but will do that, brb...
k thanks, you know what i just thought of too why Sev has the issue and you don't, could have to do with the version of Dhooks he's using for SIF...your using the latest version, he may not be, but thats just speculation...either way if it works for you great and i'll work with Sev tomorrow to see what his issue is...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 07-20-2016 at 21:39.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 07-20-2016 , 21:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #277

I personally use my Auto Thirdperson Melee mod in preference to using thirdpersonshoulder, just because you will never get perfect accuracy shooting in thirdpersonshoulder based on distance, I think valve was lazy in not fixing that, but then again its not officially supported just like splitscreen...
jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-20-2016 , 22:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #278

Quote:
I personally use my Auto Thirdperson Melee mod in preference to using thirdpersonshoulder, just because you will never get perfect accuracy shooting in thirdpersonshoulder based on distance, I think valve was lazy in not fixing that, but then again its not officially supported just like splitscreen...
I did in fact use thirdpersonshoulder but it looked good as I closed the door. I've downloaded your Auto 3P melee and have it installed now, will play around with it, thanks for the heads up. I made a movie of my test if you want, I could email it compressed.

Last edited by jking; 07-20-2016 at 22:15.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 07-20-2016 , 22:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #279

Quote:
I did in fact use thirdpersonshoulder but it looked good as I closed the door. I've downloaded your Auto 3P melee and have it installed now, will play around with it, thanks for the heads up. I made a movie of my test if you want, I could email it compressed.
np, like i said just continue testing and see what happens, if any problems arise let me know, you can even PM me so we don't flood the forum post, Sev usually does, appreciate the help...thanks. I'm gonna update in the next few days after I do a few more code cleanups, and i'm currently running a newer version with some edits Ludastar suggested(micro optimizations) which seem to be working well.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2016 , 11:33   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Multiple Equipments
Reply With Quote #280

Errors.

Spoiler