8% 

Downtime Alert, New Forums Coming

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Freecode
Never Fall Asleep
Old 06-14-2006 , 15:29   Downtime Alert, New Forums Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
As I've hinted, and often outright said, we have outgrown our phpBB2 installation. In order to make it easier for us to deal with upgrades, customizations, optimizations, and manage accounts/projects, we're moving to vBulletin's forum software.

This is a large process that Freecode and I have been working with on and off for many months now. As part of this migration, we are combining the forums from AMX Mod X, SourceMod, and SuperHero Mod into one big installation.

We have done our best to make this seem seamless - down to even porting the phpBB2 subSilver theme and our plugin system to vBulletin. However, the start will likely be a bit rocky. The major problem is that some users have different accounts on all three forums. There is an easy fix for this, though! And I will say it in very large letters, so everyone see it:

Your e-mail addresses between AMX Mod X, SuperHero, and the SourceMod forums must match for your accounts to "combine" properly. If you have accounts on more than one of these sites, make sure your e-mail addresses match, do not just assume that they do!

With that said, we'll be unrolling this in two phases over this week. The first phase starts at Wednesday night (June 14th) around MIDNIGHT EST. There will be total downtime - the forums, CVS, and all sites hosted on DarkPeer.tcwonline.org will be totally unreachable. This includes AMX Mod X, WC3Mods, SourceMod, and SuperHero. This downtime will hopefully only last at most six hours, but expect an entire day for worse case scenario.

After that, we plan to install the new forum software from June 19-20th (Mon-Tues of next week). AMX Mod X, SourceMod, and SuperHero forums will remain up in "read-only mode" before the new forums go live, so hopefully there will be no downtime.

We've also finished beta testing AMX Mod X 1.75, and that will be released next week if there are no major forums problems. Make sure to check out the upcoming changes here.
The same goes for this forum. MAKE SURE YOUR EMAIL MATCHES THE ONE YOU USE ON AMXMODX / SOURCEMOD.

======Update======

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
Hello Everyone!

I apologize for the downtime. We hit a bad combination of poor tech support, mis-communication, and changes to last-minute schedules - none of which we really had any control over.

I've restored the old server while we wait for our new provider to come online. We will make the forums transition Wednesday-Thursday on the new server, and keep the old one online until we're done.

If you find any hitches using the site (the backup image restore was a bit sloppy), feel free to PM me.

Remember that your e-mail addresses for accounts on SourceMod, SuperHero Mod, and AMX Mod X must match.

Thanks for your patience!

Last edited by Freecode; 06-24-2006 at 04:42.
Emp`
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 06-14-2006 , 17:29  

does this mean that all the heros will need to be reposted?
Send a message via AIM to Emp` Send a message via MSN to Emp` Send a message via Yahoo to Emp` Send a message via Skype™ to Emp`
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2006 , 18:14  

No, I saw a preview of the new forums. It will be very cool and all attachments will carry over.

Although we probably could repost the heroes as just the SMA, like amxx plugins are posted, then they should get compiled automatically for us. We dont need to support AMX anymore so there is no point in posting zip files unless you have models (which can be posted as a separate attachment).

Only thing is we will need to get the superhero include file added to the online compiler which should be easy to get done ;).
Old 06-14-2006 , 19:34  

That sounds cool and stuff, good luck on the move, I don't think I'll be moving though, I had my time with Superhero mod and it was good. I started not posting or playing superhero sometime ago, and I just wanted to say officially bye.

And thanks to the people who do work for others for free. If youve dont stuff like that you know who you are and exactly how much youve done, Thanks.

I hope if my account disappears people will stop adding me to Msn and asking for help.
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2006 , 20:36  

remove your MSNM from your profile

and your account wont dissapear.
Veteran Member
Old 06-18-2006 , 08:59  

1 question: If I have at this forums the accountname Doom and at the amxmodx forums the accountname -]Tical2k[- Doom with the same email adress, what happens then? Cause Doom was already taken at the amxmodx forums, so I took another one...

And what is with the Doom at the amxmodx forums (or with my account here), because he has another email adress than me...
Jonathan Young
Old 06-18-2006 , 13:17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom
1 question: If I have at this forums the accountname Doom and at the amxmodx forums the accountname -]Tical2k[- Doom with the same email adress, what happens then? Cause Doom was already taken at the amxmodx forums, so I took another one...

And what is with the Doom at the amxmodx forums (or with my account here), because he has another email adress than me...
I've been wondering that, have the same thing, but they are just different account names, the one here is jonathan young and the one there is bondsupport.
Veteran Member
Old 06-18-2006 , 14:37  

I don't really care about my account at AmxModX, though I have one question.
Do we keep our post count/rank, or do we have to start all over ?
I saw that the hero posts are kept, but are our posts also.

And another thing.
Will I still have a part of the new forum for my stats, that I can moderate ?
Never Fall Asleep
Old 06-18-2006 , 16:59  

1. If your account name is different on the other forum but still under the same email address as here the account will merge. The existing name will be used. So if we merge in AMXX first (which is how its gonna go) then your gonna end up with using your amxx usernames. No worry because we will allow name change after the merge.

2. All Posts/Threads/Avatars/Attachments will be imported. _SOME_ attachments fail at importing. Most of them are probably deleted or no longer existed attachments, but some are not. So i would advise hero authors to make sure their hero attachments work (90%+ will).

3. All forums are imported as well. Only thing, the usergroups are not imported. So once the merge is complete usergroups will be created manualy. And i will make 1 usergroup for you and your forum 123.
bLiNd
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2006 , 01:10  

I have every hero posted in the New Heros and Approved Heros forums. If any attachments fail let me know

-bLiNd
Closed Thread