Proz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2018 , 06:47   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #61

Why panic? It's a good change.
Fastmancz
Old 07-19-2018 , 06:55   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #62

That's not a good change. MOTD is an inherent part of the CS:GO. MOTD isn't used only for ads.

Main owner of the CMGPORTAL.CZ.
---------------------------------------
My plugins:
[CS:GO] Panorama - Timeleft
[CS:GO] JailBreak - Be quiet, please!

Last edited by Fastmancz; 07-19-2018 at 06:57.
ASKER_CZ
BANNED
Old 07-19-2018 , 15:27   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #63

Valve is retard-d. They ruin everything good. But do you guys know, what would be ultra funny? Just imagine suing Valve for not providing MOTD anymore (cause why not? everything is possible in the USA xD) which has been used for providing ADS and from which have many people made a "business". Since they do not provide MOTD anymore, people cannot run their "business" and they are fu-ked. Idk if i described it correctly, but this is CRIME !! At least in the czech republic. You may say --- This is stupid, you should not run csgo servers if you cannot afford them blah blah blah. But always remember, that decision is always up to JUDGE ! Not you.

Thank you for attention. You guys should consider suing valve. It may work.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-19-2018 , 15:36   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKER_CZ View Post
Valve is retard-d. They ruin everything good. But do you guys know, what would be ultra funny? Just imagine suing Valve for not providing MOTD anymore (cause why not? everything is possible in the USA xD) which has been used for providing ADS and from which have many people made a "business". Since they do not provide MOTD anymore, people cannot run their "business" and they are fu-ked. Idk if i described it correctly, but this is CRIME !! At least in the czech republic. You may say --- This is stupid, you should not run csgo servers if you cannot afford them blah blah blah. But always remember, that decision is always up to JUDGE ! Not you.

Thank you for attention. You guys should consider suing valve. It may work.
Ah, yes, sue someone because you can no longer exploit their IP for commercial gain without their permission.
Old 07-19-2018 , 15:50   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Ah, yes, sue someone because you can no longer exploit their IP for commercial gain without their permission.

Whose IP am i exploiting? And suing them should be possible, as long as they dont have in their TOS something like "You're not allowed to use community servers to get commercial gain without our permission"

I dont know about other countries, but its still illegal in the czech republic. And since Valve and Steam works in the czech republic as well, they will have to listen. IM NOT SAYING THAT IM GONNA DO THAT, IM JUST TELLING ALL POSSIBILITIES

Last edited by ASKER_CZ; 07-19-2018 at 15:50.
wolvez04
Old 07-19-2018 , 16:28   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #66

Who cares haha. If you host servers to gain a profit then you should just quit now. If you can't cover server costs without relying on ad revenue then you probably shouldn't be hosting servers or atleast that many servers. Change is good, real communities will thrive.

ASKER_CZ
BANNED
Old 07-19-2018 , 16:58   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolvez04 View Post
Who cares haha. If you host servers to gain a profit then you should just quit now. If you can't cover server costs without relying on ad revenue then you probably shouldn't be hosting servers or atleast that many servers. Change is good, real communities will thrive.
Exactly what I have expected . Always remember "if you have nothing nice to say , then say nothing"

Its Always Up to judge , not on you or on anyone else from AM .
balonfx
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-19-2018 , 19:59   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASKER_CZ View Post
Whose IP am i exploiting? And suing them should be possible, as long as they dont have in their TOS something like "You're not allowed to use community servers to get commercial gain without our permission"

I dont know about other countries, but its still illegal in the czech republic. And since Valve and Steam works in the czech republic as well, they will have to listen. IM NOT SAYING THAT IM GONNA DO THAT, IM JUST TELLING ALL POSSIBILITIES

Exactly what I have expected . Always remember "if you have nothing nice to say , then say nothing"

Its Always Up to judge , not on you or on anyone else from AM .
By using ads on your server you are using VALVE's IP (Intellectual Property a.k.a. CS:GO) to gain a profit from. In some places, such as FiveM this is directly said to be against terms of service to even accept donations that exceed the cost of hosting your server. Valve at any time could stop providing the dedicated server files to you, as the user, and you can do nothing about it. You do not pay valve to host that server, it is a freely provided executable which you can get from steamcmd.

They have every right to modify and remove MOTDs, whether you stand to lose hundreds or thousands. How do you think every owner of a gambling website felt when their skins got frozen in bots? How do you think OPSkins felt when valve suspended all their accounts? You are in the same boat, and if with OPSkins millions of dollars didn't launch a lawsuit to valve, no one here is going to. They would lose it, per breaking the SSA they agreed to. Regardless if that SSA was there, you are using IP which you DO NOT have rights to.

Personally, I do agree removing MOTDs is a mistake. For my purposes we had an in-house MOTDManager for all rules, etc created. It was very efficient. We are going to have to re-think how we do this of course. I will also miss the additional traffic to our website, and people seeing the logo/brand/discovering our website. However, that is out of my control, and yours.

Here are parts of the SSA which you have accepted by making a steam account, and using the services valve provides you:

Per Steam Subscriber Agreement (SSA):
1) Valve hereby grants, and you accept, a non-exclusive license and right, to use the Content and Services for your personal, non-commercial use (except where commercial use is expressly allowed herein or in the applicable Subscription Terms). This license ends upon termination of (a) this Agreement or (b) a Subscription that includes the license. The Content and Services are licensed, not sold. Your license confers no title or ownership in the Content and Services.

2) Otherwise, you may use the Developer Tools, and you may use, reproduce, publish, perform, display and distribute any content you create using the Developer Tools, however you wish, but solely on a non-commercial basis.

3) You are entitled to use the Content and Services for your own personal use, but you are not entitled to: (i) sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Content and Services to other parties in any way, nor to rent, lease or license the Content and Services to others without the prior written consent of Valve, except to the extent expressly permitted elsewhere in this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use); (ii) host or provide matchmaking services for the Content and Services or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Valve in any network feature of the Content and Services, through protocol emulation, tunneling, modifying or adding components to the Content and Services, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose including, but not limited to network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks, websites or services, without the prior written consent of Valve; or (iii) exploit the Content and Services or any of its parts for any commercial purpose, except as expressly permitted elsewhere in this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use).

Read more: https://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/
Old 07-19-2018 , 22:35   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
but solely on a non-commercial basis
And there it is. I wonder where the goalposts will be moved to now?
Old 07-19-2018 , 22:48   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
And there it is. I wonder where the goalposts will be moved to now?
russian spies hopefully