Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Best skill formula?!

Post New Thread Reply   

V I R U S
Old 12-18-2007 , 07:17   Best skill formula?!
Reply With Quote #1

Hi everyone!

Can someone help me to create the best skill forumula?! I know there are some, but i can't find them and to write one is really difficult.

I created this one, but i don't believe that its really the best:

You know that the best skill is 100% skill, one shoot, one kill - headshot, with 0 deaths and 0 teamkills. So there are 3 block, where the user can get maximal 3 ratio points, 1 for each.

(((Kills - Teamkills) / Deaths) + (Shots / Hits) + (Kills / Headshots))/0.03 = SKILL

So better to say, there are 3 ratios. 1 - Live Ratio, 2 Accuracy, 3 - Precision. From this 3 ratios is the skill.

Can someone help me to improove this formula?!

Last edited by V I R U S; 12-18-2007 at 07:22.
Send a message via ICQ to V I R U S
krod
Old 12-18-2007 , 14:05   Re: Best skill formula?!
Reply With Quote #2

Use the already best known formula, the ELO.

V I R U S
Old 12-18-2007 , 15:08   Re: Best skill formula?!
Reply With Quote #3

And what is this formula? I really dont know.
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2007 , 18:09   Re: Best skill formula?!
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by V I R U S View Post
And what is this formula? I really dont know.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
V I R U S
Old 12-19-2007 , 04:25   Re: Best skill formula?!
Reply With Quote #5

Hmmm.... dont understand so much, cause im not real good with english... =((
Donor
Old 12-19-2007 , 16:26   Re: Best skill formula?!
Reply With Quote #6

Its a mathematical system to rate players based on expected wins or losses, if a player wins more times or loses more times then expected, his score is adjusted, and it is adjusted according to the person he kills.

Example:

Rank 50 player on CS server kills Rank 1 is work more points then killing someone in Rank 2 slot.
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 12-19-2007 , 17:33   Re: Best skill formula?!
Reply With Quote #7

ELO is pretty bad for online games; it was developed in an age when computations were a lot harder. There are a lot more factors in CS to take into account.
Old 01-31-2008 , 08:52   Re: Best skill formula?!
Reply With Quote #8

And what can you suggest here to use?
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 01-31-2008 , 16:12   Re: Best skill formula?!
Reply With Quote #9

I would also like to know of a good skill algorithm. I hate the way csstats works because all it does is take total kills - total deaths and then put them in order. So basically a player who plays on the server (more than others) and gets average amount of kills will hold a high rank.

I made a little attempt at creating one but it still needs work. The calculation made by the below code will match up with the skill calculation in the csstats editor I wrote.

Code:
public Float:calcSkill(rankPos) {     new stats[8];     new bhits[8];     new szName[35];     new szAuthID[35];     new kills, deaths, shots, hits, headshots;     new Float:killweight, Float:hitweight,Float:hsweight;     new Float:skilltemp;     new Float:skill;     new deathnum;         get_stats(rankPos, stats,bhits,szName,34,szAuthID,34);         kills = stats[0] - stats[3];     deaths = stats[1];     headshots = stats[2];     shots = stats[4];     hits = stats[5];         if((kills > 0) && (kills <= 25))     {         killweight = 0.05;         hitweight = 0.05;         hsweight = 0.05;     }     else if((kills > 25) && (kills <= 50))     {         killweight = 0.15;         hitweight = 0.15;         hsweight = 0.15;     }     else if((kills > 50) && (kills <= 100))     {         killweight = 0.2;         hitweight = 0.2;         hsweight = 0.2;     }     else if((kills > 100) && (kills <= 250))     {         killweight = 0.35;         hitweight = 0.35;         hsweight = 0.35;     }     else if((kills > 250) && (kills <= 500))     {         killweight = 0.5;         hitweight = 0.5;         hsweight = 0.5;     }     else     {         killweight = 1.0;         hitweight = 1.0;         hsweight = 1.0;     }         if(deaths==0)         deathnum = 1;     else         deathnum = deaths;             new Float:killratio = floatdiv( float(kills), floatadd(float(kills),float(deathnum)));     new Float:hitratio = floatdiv(float(hits) , float(shots));     new Float:hsratio = floatdiv(float(headshots) , float(kills));         if ((kills > 0) && (hits > 0) && (shots > 0) && (headshots > 0))     {         skilltemp = floatadd(floatmul(killratio,killweight), floatmul(hitratio, hitweight));         skill = floatmul(floatadd(skilltemp, floatmul(hsratio , hsweight)),100.0);     }     else     {         skill = 0.0;     }         return(skill); }

Last edited by Bugsy; 01-31-2008 at 16:17.
V I R U S
Old 02-03-2008 , 10:44   Re: Best skill formula?!
Reply With Quote #10

So, as i can see, you take the "hits" and "shots" to calculate the skill. So the skill will be always sinking down, cause of High Skill players who try to shoot thru the walls, bcause of random shots.