Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Diablo Mod v8.0

Post New Thread Reply   

ThomasNguyen
Old 06-10-2006 , 19:11  
Reply With Quote #81

Wait a min. This plugin isnt ment to be xp-saved? Because it would be nice to make it a fast-paste death match kinda. Like you gain levels while in server and when you leave it clears? Like gaben mod {except gabenmod isnt xp}
Old 06-11-2006 , 04:49  
Reply With Quote #82

wtf? i dont know what it ment to be, but i suggest the autor what it should be ;)
i mean like the real diablo, when you sometimes play hours to gain level
i know it will be hard to do 99levels, but it could be similiar to bnet play

ive got an idea, when someone with much greater level atacks a begginer it does him only 50% damage, what do you think ?

oh and some quests hm like bring me awp and i give you 10000$, or for terro bring me shield and i give you something, or give me 2xak47+2000$ and i make a double ak47 for u

this could be predefined monsters(invincible) that could be stored in some file like bot waypoints, you know different map-different quests i think as_oilrig could be great for quests, de_piranesi too
also a hl boss "garg" could be diablo, gonarch could be baal ;)

also if u develop this plugin in that size the maps will be your barier i could do some maps dedicated to your plugin, but i cant help u with coding... im just too noob in that
Saturn SL1-WNY
Old 06-12-2006 , 22:23  
Reply With Quote #83

Coding is usually the cake end of the deal. Getting it to look like anyting other than cut and paste from war3 or shero is the hard part.

ANY mod built around custom maps has an advantage.

I blow at making maps in any fashion other than a square with a lightbulb in the middle. I made one with a train, and 75% did one for bumpercars mod that lasted all of like 5 minutes.

But the code should be easy.

SQL has the advantage of not being unbelievably slow, or as unreliable as one big open file. Assuming it's a local SQL server.

Also it opens the doors to a web frontend or other fun.
Guenhwyvar
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-13-2006 , 01:55  
Reply With Quote #84

Some more ideas:

sql would be cool, as a psychological feature. like night said, the xp points shouldn't be too much important to the gameplay

more (and other!) powerups on the ground. the only powerup I found until now is the money boost feature. it should be randomly an item, replacing (if taken) the current one.

some more items with light effects, please. but not too much. the only item I found with a nice effect is the fireball.

can you alter the radar? what about displaying an oppenent with a stalkers ring (or lothars edge or another feature making the player (nearly) invisible) on the radar for everyone? this could avoid heavy camping (boring!) and if the stalker is last man, it had a nice speedup-effect for that round.

add a status for the duration of an item (some kind of hp for that item).

Let the race/xp points info appear in some other way please! Many ppl complained about not more seeing the aimed players name in the center of the screen anymore.

Ok, no more ideas for now . Please keep working on this!
N1ghtmr1
Old 06-13-2006 , 12:30  
Reply With Quote #85

1. Like said above, Sql will open up the possibility to have GUI menus. But that adds extra traffic and I might implement it as a test feature

2. Ofcourse - I've added a resource system so should be no problem

3. More effects for items. Gotcha.

4. Not possible.

5. I'm working on a GUI for playerinfo, which would hold durability.

6. Hm.. HUD is a bad idea. A possibility would be to log the value upon the client connect event and then reset it on client disconnect.

Progress is slow because I have to finish my University project first. But it's coming along
Saturn SL1-WNY
Old 06-13-2006 , 16:32  
Reply With Quote #86

Problem with messages and text appearing in the HUD and that is that you have to realize that many people are rather dumb when it comes to server administration, and they don't pay attention to what they are doing.

All of a sudden 5 plugins are throwing text up on the screen and the scrolling one is causing a refresh so you can't read anything that's up there anyways.

SQL and Web stuff would be hot. If it's a localhost'd SQL the traffic is no issue. As far as traffic usage is concerned this also shouldn't be much of an issue.
TiMbErLaNd
Old 06-13-2006 , 19:32  
Reply With Quote #87

When you do get a BETA version together let me know I will test it on my already existing Diablo server.

In case you were wondering here is the list of servers that run your mod.

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...OD&type=server

Cant wait for an update.
wh1t30ps
Old 06-14-2006 , 21:23  
Reply With Quote #88

yes i to would like to test some out.....the only thing i think it needs is saved XP or the choice of saved XP.......
Send a message via AIM to wh1t30ps
b24m
Old 07-08-2006 , 11:23   Re: Diablo Mod
Reply With Quote #89

wad name do i add in at Plugins.ini diablo.amxx? tell me the one that works thnz
b24m
Old 07-08-2006 , 11:45   Re: Diablo Mod
Reply With Quote #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1ghtmr1
The plugin is a mod like warcraft 3 with xp/level/skills. One thing to notice though is that the plugin is based on item finding instead of skills. When you kill someone there is a chance to find an item. Some are passive, like increasing your damage, some has a once-a-round effect while others just help you find even more powerfull stuff

There's is about 60 new items in the mod, so the battles can become very varied.

Some of the items are:
x) Place a camera who will follow nearest player
x) Sneak round with knife nearly invisible
x) Hold down DUCK to jump fast
x) Windwalk from dota
x) Blind your opponent when hit
x) Vampyric aura
x) Healing aura
x) Fake c4 bombs
x) Dagon from dota

Commands are:
x) Menu for a quick navigation menu
x) Iteminfo or /Iteminfo
x) Dropitem or /Dropitem
x) Usemagic or Ultimate [To fire some items]
x) /Rune to shop runes

There's also four skills:
x) Intelligence
x) Strength
x) Dextery
x) Agility

And 6 hero classes:
x) Paladin
x) Monk
x) Assassin
x) Barbarian
x) Necromancer
x) Sorcerer

Also, each round a leader is chosen, he will earn more experience and his teammates will each more experience while he is alive, so make sure he don't die

Items are saved

It is possible to upgrade some items with runes. This will make the item more powerfull or give it a brand new effect.

Added since 6/11
=====================
+Display player information in spectator mode
+Added durability on items
+Fixing fullupdate bug
+Added powerup system which will spawn powerups randomly
+Added glow to firerope and iron spikes
+Added Defuse/Bomb xp bonus
+Xp Tomb

Questions/Bugs/Other can be send to [email protected].
add a line at plugins.ini db.amxx ??? tell me pls