Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Diablo Mod v8.0

Post New Thread Reply   

N1ghtmr1
Old 06-08-2006 , 08:35  
Reply With Quote #71

Ok, thanks for the suggestions. So far I have though about the following:

I manged to implement a grafical Talent tree, like in wow, where you could click on the talent and you would get it for some points. But, this require both a working mysql server and a php server + more traffic to the mysql server.

I want to keep the php option, everyone should have a webserver with php enabled but cut the interaction with it for less traffic.

The save xp will be mysql first, and then maybe vault (file) later. It will work for ip, steamid and name (bot style).
Guenhwyvar
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 06-08-2006 , 09:18  
Reply With Quote #72

Do you (not only nightmare, everyone) really think, xp saving is good? I mean, it's a general problem if players get too good and new first time connectors are bashed all the time.

One big unique feature of this mod is (my opinion) the short durability of the items in combination with a nice, simple class system. The ppl do not have to learn too much, only two key bindings are necessary.

I do not want to talk against the xp saving feature in general, I just suggest to think about it and about what is being saved. It should be solved in a way motivating long time players AND not making it too hard for the fresh ones..
N1ghtmr1
Old 06-08-2006 , 09:44  
Reply With Quote #73

Yes, the "player-is-getting too strong" is one of the main reasons i have never implemented savexp. However i'll give it a shoot now and see how it is. My idea is:

People who gain higher level will not increase much in stats
Higher level will allow you to obtain higher level items
Higher level will unlock features and crafting.
ThomasNguyen
Old 06-08-2006 , 17:00  
Reply With Quote #74

oh ok. but i got a question. what is the difference between mysql_amx module than normal amx module. like the amx_mysql.dll compared to normal amxx module. And if u wanted to use this mod would u have to activate amxx sql module
Old 06-08-2006 , 17:09  
Reply With Quote #75

The only additions (not already mentioned) I can think of is the ability to give xp (and remove as a punishment) and for the server admins to be able to choose if xp is saved.

Personally I would prefer vault over sql, but I can see benefits to both.

Everyone who plays on my servers love this mod, and most agree that it is fairer to new players than most of the similar ones.So I think (given the choice) I would not have xp saved.
Old 06-08-2006 , 18:11  
Reply With Quote #76

Most of my plugins use vault or most of the xp plugins atleast. I would also prefer vault over sql. But what are the benefits of both?
Old 06-09-2006 , 09:39  
Reply With Quote #77

Many players = large vault file = slow transitions and server performance problems.

An SQL database it more reliable easier to manage as well as fast execution times for loading a clients XP.

I personally cannot wait for this MOD to get up an running with a saved xp option I think you guys will see how popular this gets.

I have actually played very limited amount on this MOD eventhough I have one in my server community. The only MAJOR problem I have heard with clients it the DISARM ABILITY, I think this is something that should be removed or modified if at all possible. Just a suggestion.

I would like to see the ability for highers levels as well. If at all incorporate some of the other Diablo Mods ideas into this plugin. Not saying that this isnt already great, just that more input from others who have tried to do the same cant hurt.

Thanks and good luck with your continued work.
voivod
Old 06-10-2006 , 02:38  
Reply With Quote #78

fix some errors like double player kill

xpsave will be nice, if it be slow gaining, so actually players who will like the mod will play more often and noobs wont play it
we need more xp 4 accomplished objective

i still dont know what is the meaning of that deagle model, its a size of a map, so it must be simplified/changed/removed

the idea of getting items like in lineage is good, but mb make it like in diablo or changeable with a cvar

quests ?

i know what, we really want a sword in this mod!!!
N1ghtmr1
Old 06-10-2006 , 07:15  
Reply With Quote #79

Double player kill? Could you specify that?

And yes, the deagle model will be removed, don't worry about that
voivod
Old 06-10-2006 , 07:24  
Reply With Quote #80

sometimes its starts to show double info kill