Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Dailyconfig plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

Faust_mateo
Old 04-22-2009 , 09:53   Re: Dailyconfig plugin
Reply With Quote #21

I have the Cvar - Mapcyclefile "mapcycleGG.txt" in my daily tuesday.cfg for gungame but it is only reading the default mapcycle.txt . Could Sourcemod randommapvote plugin possibly be the culprit?

And if it is , does anyone know the cvar to unload and reload a specific plugin ?
Faust_mateo
Old 04-22-2009 , 19:27   Re: Dailyconfig plugin
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo| View Post
Indeed, and you can do this by changing the "mapcyclefile" cvar to another mapcycle file.

It's not reading for me , anyone else?

Cvar - Mapcyclefile "mapcycleGG.txt"
Milo|
Old 04-23-2009 , 10:04   Re: Dailyconfig plugin
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust_mateo View Post

Could Sourcemod randommapvote plugin possibly be the culprit?

And if it is , does anyone know the cvar to unload and reload a specific plugin ?
Yea thats possible.

Try putting:

Code:
sm plugins unload randomcycle
in the config for that day (assuming randomcycle is the filename for that plugin).
Old 04-23-2009 , 19:16   Re: Dailyconfig plugin
Reply With Quote #24

Hello everyone,
I've got the same Problem that custom Map-Cycles are not loaded correctly. When I type "mapcyclefile" the correct File is shown in the Console...but after typing "listmaps" there's still the old Cycle shown.

If I reload "nextmap.smx" the Cycle is correct...but only until the next Mapchange. I tried to remove the mapcyclefile-cvar from the regular server.cfg...an the Cycle stays as it should. Why is it so hard to just make a different mapcycle? Are there any solutions to that Problem?

Last edited by Winnipooh; 04-23-2009 at 20:05.
Send a message via ICQ to Winnipooh Send a message via MSN to Winnipooh Send a message via Yahoo to Winnipooh Send a message via Skype™ to Winnipooh
Faust_mateo
Old 04-23-2009 , 23:44   Re: Dailyconfig plugin
Reply With Quote #25

I haven't found one yet, There has to be a working CVAR out there with the ability to direct the plugin or the server.cfg to a specific mapcyclelist
Winnipooh
Old 04-24-2009 , 07:10   Re: Dailyconfig plugin
Reply With Quote #26

I've made a new "test" to solve the Problem. My Goal ist just to have a different Mapcycle an Friday, where the Servername and the Timelimit changes.

The Plugin works fine to the point handling the Mapcycle. I discovered that a different Mapcycle seems to work, if there's no entry for the Mapcyclefile in the regular server.cfg.

Now I deleted the CVAR for the Mapcyclefile out of this server.cfg and put it just into the Saturday-Thursday CFG's (the different Mapcyclefile of course into the Friday.cfg).

The Problems are gone (for this Moment) and the Cycle is not changing anymore after a Mapchange (listmaps & nextmap are correct). I'm not quite sure, but it seems, that a mapcyclefile-CVAR in the regular server.cfg causes a Problem.

I'll report tomorrow, if it still works ;-)

Greetz

EDIT:

It works! With the above way, the Server changed back to the normal Mapcycle after the first Mapchange past Midnight (the other CVAR's like Servername changes correct at Midnight). So here once again the way I walk:

- delete the CVAR mapcyclefile in the regular server.cfg
- define the CVAR mapcyclefile ONLY in the dailyconfigs

It seems that any existing CVAR for the mapcyclefile in the regular server.cfg is not correctly overwritten..or maybe this first mapcyclefile is hooked up by the Sourcemod Map-Handles like nextmap / mapchooser etc. I'm not quite sure if this realy matters, as long as it works the described way.

...I love this plugin

Greetz again and don't look for any errors in my bad english

Last edited by Winnipooh; 04-24-2009 at 18:44.
Send a message via ICQ to Winnipooh Send a message via MSN to Winnipooh Send a message via Yahoo to Winnipooh Send a message via Skype™ to Winnipooh
Faust_mateo
Old 04-25-2009 , 16:03   Re: Dailyconfig plugin
Reply With Quote #27

Winnie , If I understand correctly.

Add to daily.cfg

//Mapcyclefile
mapcyclefile mapcycleGG.txt (mapcycleGG.txt = whatever mapcyclefile name you want)

nothing in server.cfg
Winnipooh
Old 04-25-2009 , 19:07   Re: Dailyconfig plugin
Reply With Quote #28

@Faust mateo:

That's right. But you have to put the "normal" Mapcyclefile-CVAR to the other daily-cfg's in order to change back on the following day. Otherwise the mapcycleGG.txt will go on because no Mapcyclefile is defined (the missing CVAR in the server.cfg).

...it's just a simple "outsourcing" of the Mapcyclefile-CVAR you wish into the daily.cfg's
Faust_mateo
Old 04-26-2009 , 15:30   Re: Dailyconfig plugin
Reply With Quote #29

TY , I will give it a try !
Galago
Old 02-28-2010 , 13:07   Re: Dailyconfig plugin
Reply With Quote #30

I'm having the same mapcyclefile problem, but the above method doesn't seem to work for me. I have, in my sunday.cfg (the one that's supposed to change):

Quote:
// Mapcycle Info
mapcyclefile ctfsunday.txt
And in all of the other ones (monday.cfg-friday.cfg):

Quote:
// Mapcycle Info
mapcyclefile arena_mapcycle.txt
The plugin correctly recognizes that it's Sunday, and thus changes the server name/time correctly, but it doesn't change the mapcycle file that's being loaded.

Oh yeah, I've made sure that there's no mapcyclefile definition in my server.cfg.

Any help would be appreciated.