Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Solved] Reset intel score on cap/block end-round

Post New Thread Reply   

thecount
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2015 , 22:23   Re: [TF2][Paying 10$ PayPal][Unsolved] Reset intel score on cap/block end-round
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess View Post
I don't have TF2, but would return Plugin_Handled work instead of Plugin_Stop ?
I think I tried both. It's not uncommon to find events that are disobedient.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 12-08-2015 , 22:27   Re: [TF2][Paying 10$ PayPal][Unsolved] Reset intel score on cap/block end-round
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecount View Post
So I attempted this but I could not find any way to cancel the round from ending once the flag was capped (return Plugin_Stop; did nothing) and I also have no idea how to reset the capture points. If someone knows how to do these, it should be an easy plugin.
wat

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Dhooks
Probably not needed.

@OP
It is still not clear what you want to happen when the round ends.
Do you want to disable humiliation?
Do you want to skip the 10 seconds after the round ends entirely?
Do you want to reset all points, but not the round?

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
thecount
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2015 , 22:34   Re: [TF2][Paying 10$ PayPal][Unsolved] Reset intel score on cap/block end-round
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
wat
Something confusing you? I'm pretty sure the OP is asking for a plugin that resets the CTF round scores once a team is about to win and continues the game.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 12-08-2015 , 22:38   Re: [TF2][Paying 10$ PayPal][Unsolved] Reset intel score on cap/block end-round
Reply With Quote #14

Yes.
About what you were trying to do (which interpretation of his request) and how you were trying to do it.
I think you are trying to block some random event, but I'm confused because you should know that events are merely notifications send to the client, and therefore I was thinking that you are definitely not trying to do that.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
thecount
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2015 , 22:40   Re: [TF2][Paying 10$ PayPal][Unsolved] Reset intel score on cap/block end-round
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Yes.
About what you were trying to do (which interpretation of his request) and how you were trying to do it.
I think you are trying to block some random event, but I'm confused because you should know that events are merely notifications send to the client, and therefore I was thinking that you are definitely not trying to do that.
I was attempting to find any event that might be called before the game is ended. For example, "teamplay_flag_event": I was attempting to cancel it and set the capture points to 0 for both teams if the amount was about to end the game.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 12-08-2015 , 22:44   Re: [TF2][Paying 10$ PayPal][Unsolved] Reset intel score on cap/block end-round
Reply With Quote #16

Yeah events don't really work that way.

thecount
Veteran Member
Old 12-08-2015 , 22:49   Re: [TF2][Paying 10$ PayPal][Unsolved] Reset intel score on cap/block end-round
Reply With Quote #17

Some events let you alter variables before any actions take place. I thought that this event was completely server-originated and therefore possible to cancel, but apparently not.
Hefal
Old 12-19-2015 , 15:48   Re: [TF2][Paying 10$ PayPal][Unsolved] Reset intel score on cap/block end-round
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
wat

Probably not needed.

@OP
It is still not clear what you want to happen when the round ends.
Do you want to disable humiliation?
Do you want to skip the 10 seconds after the round ends entirely?
Do you want to reset all points, but not the round?
Sorry been afk / had surgery. Is it clear now or would you like me to clarify?

Quote:
I was attempting to find any event that might be called before the game is ended. For example, "teamplay_flag_event": I was attempting to cancel it and set the capture points to 0 for both teams if the amount was about to end the game.
So this has to be more advanced that I originally thought. Offer is still on the table, first one to fetch me some working code gets paid no questions asked
Pelipoika
Veteran Member
Old 12-19-2015 , 18:50   Re: [TF2][Paying 10$ PayPal][Unsolved] Reset intel score on cap/block end-round
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Some events let you alter variables before any actions take place. I thought that this event was completely server-originated and therefore possible to cancel, but apparently not.
Haven't seen anything meaningful happen when changing event info, only cosmetic stuff.
Old 12-19-2015 , 19:26   Re: [TF2][Paying 10$ PayPal][Unsolved] Reset intel score on cap/block end-round
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelipoika View Post
Haven't seen anything meaningful happen when changing event info, only cosmetic stuff.
"player_hurt" -> SetEventInt(); -> return Plugin_Changed;