Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2Items] Give Weapon (v3.14159, 11/29/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 12-09-2010 , 01:26   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.2, 12/05/2010)
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdarnkid View Post
I just replaced "ShowActivity2" with "ReplyToCommand" (or w/e it's called). I think that'll make all those stupid weapon things appear on the console instead of in the chat box.
http://docs.sourcemod.net/api/ <- You may find that helpful.
Old 12-09-2010 , 01:45   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.2, 12/05/2010)
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNinja View Post
YOU FAILED.

thatdarnkid, look into the documentation for the sm_show_activity convar at the top of sourcemod.cfg.
EDIT: This way no edits to the plugin are needed.

Last edited by asherkin; 12-09-2010 at 01:48.
thatdarnkid
BANNED
Old 12-09-2010 , 01:46   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.2, 12/05/2010)
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNinja View Post
I shall check that out too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
YOU FAILED.

thatdarnkid, look into the documentation for the sm_show_activity convar at the top of sourcemod.cfg.
EDIT: This way no edits to the plugin are needed.
Tried this before. Failed horribly. Not only did it stop damn-near every SM related thing from showing up, it stopped my servers advertisements from appearing for other players. So I disabled it. I ain't using that stupid CVAR again.

Last edited by thatdarnkid; 12-15-2010 at 10:59.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2010 , 03:38   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.2, 12/05/2010)
Reply With Quote #84

Nice avatar, ash.
thatdarnkid, did you add using the keyvalues or the actual trie code?

My Unusual God Golden Wrench is nigh, btw.
*kills a guy, he respawns where he died, kill him again, etc*

I also think I managed to add natives, so with this plugin, the custom cfg, and the native use, you can give any wepon with any attrib you define in the customs section, with whatever plugin uses a native. I'll release after testing.

Also Robin has a new rocket launcher. I added that in, will update when I can. Go look at his backpack.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
thatdarnkid
BANNED
Old 12-09-2010 , 13:17   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.2, 12/05/2010)
Reply With Quote #85

This here is a big post, so I'm changing my font size to 1 to hopefully make the post smaller, lengthwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
thatdarnkid, did you add using the keyvalues or the actual trie code?
I opened up the plugin's .SP file in Notepad (thank god for that "Open in Notepad" addition to the context (right click) menu), and added stuff to the trie values. I do use the Custom TXT file, but mainly for testing things I want to hardcode into the plugin itself. I also:

Quote:
- Changed all the Valve weapons effects from 4.0 (Community Sparkle) to 2.0 (Valve Fire).

- Successfully removed everything pertaining to the operation of the commands for giving the GRU, Spycrab PDA and Ludmila.

- Removed all custom weapons, except for Khopesh Climber due to that section labelled Darth...something at the bottom. Didn't want to mess with it, plus I like the Climber.

- Removed the Cheap-ass Valve Rocket Launcher and Cheap-ass Community Rocket Launcher (so VIP's can't abuse it).

- Changed the beginning of any code that used PrintToChat or ShowActivity2, to ReplyToCommand so that the plugin sends the output to the console.

- Re-organized the list of weapons so that things like the Headtaker weren't at the bottom of the list. (I used the trievalues for guidance. They showed the weapons ID number, so I organized the list by ID).

- Screwed up and removed G.R.U. completely, and didn't notice it was missing until I went over the coding. Gotta re-add it because it is an actual weapon (easy fix).

- Removed anything pertaining to the plugin showing weapon IDs in chat (I think it was like, %D or something). Everytime someone gives themselves a weapon, the messages show up in the Console, and they don't show the weapon ID.

- Added Darwin's Danger Shield as well as it's respective Trie values, then commented it out with //.

- Changed sm_giveweapons from ADMFLAG_CHEATS to ADMFLAG_CUSTOM1 so that VIP members with the "o" flag on my server can use the command

- Also changed sm_resetex over to ADMFLAG_CUSTOM1. All admins get "o" flag by default, and this is so VIP members can reset their weapons.

I've had no errors whatsoever from the plugin, after doing all those revisions ^. Shocking, isn't it? My first time messing around with this form of coding and I managed to not completely break anything, and I even figured out how to compile the SP file into an SMX! Aren't I amazing?

People were getting annoyed with all the chatspam caused by the plugin, and as stated above, I didn't want to disable all [SM] messages. Last time I did people stopped seeing ads from the Advertisements plugin.

As for the Gunboats/Razorback/Chargin' Targe/Darwin's Danger Shield, I commented those out (using //) and labelled the names with "broken". I figured since you had them commented out, I'd leave them commented out. I did add the Danger Shields complete coding, and commented it out.

Again, this is an excellent plugin, and I have to thank you Sarge, and you as well Asher (since it was you Asher, who came up with this idea). Looking into how this plugin was coded really helped me kick-start my interest in making SourceMod plugins. Alot of stuff on that list up there, I had no clue how to do, but after reading the entire plugin's coding over and over, I started to notice little things here and there, and picked up on how to do various things, such as changing ADMFLAG's and how to make "sm_" commands.

As stated before, because this is your plugin Sarge, and I respect the work you've done, I won't be publicly releasing my version. It'll be for use on my server alone. Unless you do want a copy, in which case I'd be more than happy to provide

I'm just not looking forward to any major future updates to this plugin, because that means I'll have to grab the new version, re-do all the things I've done to the current version.
That is unless any future updates to this plugin are just new weapons. If it's just new weapons then I can DL the new version, and add the Trie values for the new weapon to my revised version. But hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Finally, a quick note for ya Sarge. You might wanna check the attributes on the Gloves of Running Urgently. Seems in your coding, you forgot to add "144 ; 2" to the G.R.U's attributes. 144 = "Hidden: lunchbox adds minicrits".

I bet you already knew this too Sarge, but if you go to http://www.tf2items.com/id/robinwalker , and put "?d=1" at the end of that URL, you'll be able to view Robins backpack in Debug mode, and get the stats for his stuff. I got the ?d=1 thing from http://www.tf2items.com/allitems.php?d=1

Last edited by thatdarnkid; 12-15-2010 at 10:59.
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 12-10-2010 , 01:34   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.2, 12/05/2010)
Reply With Quote #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdarnkid View Post

Finally, a quick note for ya Sarge. You might wanna check the attributes on the Gloves of Running Urgently. Seems in your coding, you forgot to add "144 ; 2" to the G.R.U's attributes. 144 = "Hidden: lunchbox adds minicrits".

ogawd, that font rapes my eyes!

The real GRU doesn't have that attribute.
Old 12-10-2010 , 02:50   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.2, 12/05/2010)
Reply With Quote #87

Valve recently added 144 ; 2 to most of the "beta" weapons, e.g. the GRU in the normal game and some of the weapons in the Beta version of the game. I believe it was... tuesday, they did that. So... of course I haven't got it in there.

Btw you don't need to change admflags within plugins, instead use the admin_overrides config.
"sm_givew" "o"
MUCH easier than recoding, and better for consistency.

Go ahead and pastebin.com whatever you've got. I added a cvar to toggle showactivity between it and replytocommand.

Also:
Quote:
Removed all custom weapons, except for Khopesh Climber due to that section labelled Darth...something at the bottom. Didn't want to mess with it, plus I like the Climber.
LOL Darth^
It's for setting ammo right.

And natives are working right, it seems. Will release this weekend.

Also also, I already got the stuff from robin's page, with debug mode, in august 2008. That's when he had his old valve weapons. They're gone now, and never had any fire on them. The only Valve weapon with fire should be his NEW rocket launcher. Maybe his eyelander.

Because they're valve, though, fire is fine.

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 12-10-2010 at 03:06.
Leonardo
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2010 , 04:42   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.2, 12/05/2010)
Reply With Quote #88

when engineer with permanent weapon (eg golden wrench), after every respawn/touching locker loses his buildings. is it possible to fix this?

also, offtopic:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ctf_2fort0206.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	78806
robot arm with wrench, huh...

Last edited by Leonardo; 12-10-2010 at 04:48.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 12-10-2010 , 05:05   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.2, 12/05/2010)
Reply With Quote #89

Leonardo, the building destroy is because of Valve's fix to Mini Level 3 Sentries, so every time the engineer changes his melee weapon, he loses his buildings. It's dumb.
I could try saving the buildings, then respawning them if you touch a locker, but that'd be tedious, and eat resources maybe.

The robot arm is normal if you give while you have a gunslinger. In thirdperson you have a normal arm.

Psyduck likes replays.
thatdarnkid
BANNED
Old 12-10-2010 , 09:32   Re: [TF2Items] Give Weapon (v1.4.1.2.2, 12/05/2010)
Reply With Quote #90

I'll section this post up, for easier reading. First off, are you sure you want me to PasteBin my version of your plugin? Would you rather I send you my versions .sp file? If you want me to, I can PM my .sp file to you once I get home from college in about 2 hours or so (only have a 3 hour class today from 8;30am - 11:20am)

-------------------------------

I've been having an issue with the console telling me that sm_giveweapon/giveweapon_ex/resetex are "Unknown Commands". This happened after I modified my adminmenu_custom.txt (and vipmenu_custom.txt; link below if you're wondering what vipmenu is) to do this:
Code:
"cmd"        "sm_giveweapon @me #1"
"admin"        "dark"
"execute"    "player"

By the way, if you want to add the new beta Nataschas, here's the attributes (from my TF2Items.com Beta backpack):

Quote:
Natascha - Beta
On hit: 100% chance to slow target (32 ; 1.0)
-25% damage done (1 ; 0.75)
30% slower spin up time (86 ; 1.3)
Hidden: lunchbox adds minicrits (144 ; 1)
Quote:
Natascha - Variant 1
-40% damage done (1 ; 0.60)
Quote:
Natascha - Variant 2
-25% damage done (1 ; 0.75)
-75 max health on wearer (125 ; -75)
I've added these to my custom weapons TXT, and added a "TF2 Beta Weapons" section on both my adminmenu_custom.txt and vipmenu_custom.txt (again, link below if you're confused about vipmenu_custom.txt)

I just did my first big coding job (sort of, it's more of a half-ass copy/paste job)
Copied all the adminmenu files, recoded them to be "vipmenu", and upon compiling & uploading to my gameserver, the menu works (albeit with gibberish characters in some titles). And it's all thanks to this plugin sparking my interest

Last edited by thatdarnkid; 12-10-2010 at 11:07.