Post New Thread Reply   

Arthur.PinionGG
Old 05-29-2015 , 11:55   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #141

Latest newsletter is out,

Quote:
Originally Posted by :D View Post

Welcome to Pinion,
A lot has happened this year, earlier this year Pinion was acquired by Unikrn and now we are looking to re-envision what we set out to do originally. Pinion was created out of a need to solve a fundamental problem, help fund community servers. We created a product for the community owners, we are now looking to take the next step and add value not only for the community owners but the players on your servers.

Currently users don’t interact with the ads, because they are just that. We are changing our strategy to provide content, which users will want to engage with and get rewarded.

Campaigns
Part of our refreshed outlook, we want to include you on what’s happening in terms of campaigns. Currently there are two very exciting pilot campaigns. The outcome of these campaigns will determine how the future will look for us long term.

Logitech
We are running a Logitech G-Gaming Campaign with $1000 worth of Giveaways to gamers in the US, all they have to do is input their email in the MOTD. We’ve also created a microsite that you can share on your community forums. https://motds.unikrn.com/signup?campaign_id=3

Unikrn HP Omen Giveaway
To celebrate the Unikrn Launch we are giving away a HP Omen Gaming Laptop valued at $2000 to gamers in the US and AU! To enter all you have to do is sign up at www.unikrn.com, hurry as entries close 31st of May.

Coming Soon
We are in the final process of putting together one of the biggest campaigns directed 100% at winning the hearts of your players and keeping them playing on your community servers. As soon as we have all the details we will send an update newsletter and run an educational campaign leading upto the launch.

Plugin News
The Pinion Garry’s Mod plugin has been updated to version 1.0.6, we highly recommend it for all communities. It should result in a much better overall user experience and improved ad tracking for the community owner.

Our Sourcemod plugin has been updated to v1.12.31, we now fully support SM 1.7.X and the Steamworks extensions. A number of Sockets and cURL fixes have also been made, you can download the latest from our control panel or via auto updater.

We are also running a survey to hear from you the community owners what you think and how we should shape the future. Tell us what you think here

TLDR;
We are giving away $1,000 in Logitech Gear
HP Omen $2000 Laptop Giveaway @ unikrn.com
New vision, focused on adding value to your players
Sourcemod and Garry’s Mod Plugin Update
Tell us what you think here https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3FG8V5Y

Last edited by Arthur.PinionGG; 05-29-2015 at 13:09.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2015 , 12:17   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #142

What ever happen to beyond gaming ( I think that is what it was called). Seemed like a good concept?
Arthur.PinionGG
Old 05-29-2015 , 13:11   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
What ever happen to beyond gaming ( I think that is what it was called). Seemed like a good concept?
It's currently no longer offered, however we are looking at different options.

Pinion Survey is out, we'd love to hear from you
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3FG8V5Y
coty9090
Old 06-08-2015 , 15:27   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #144

I keep getting this error "Unable to load plugin "pinion_adverts.smx": Native "WritePackFunction" was not found"

I tried updating to 1.12.31 but still have the same error. using sm 1.7.x
mlov420
Old 06-09-2015 , 11:02   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #145

Nice email we got today. Glad to know I support a company who sends threats of non-payment to their legitimate customers just because we don't wanna use your garbage plugin. Here it's 2015 and an online-based company doesn't know how to track it's traffic without a Sourcemod plugin.
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-09-2015 , 11:25   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
Nice email we got today. Glad to know I support a company who sends threats of non-payment to their legitimate customers just because we don't wanna use your garbage plugin. Here it's 2015 and an online-based company doesn't know how to track it's traffic without a Sourcemod plugin.
I'm not entirely sure where you got the non-payment idea from, but regardless the email is still somewhat hilarious.

I really don't have any intention of trolling here, but if you want us to come back to Pinion then you are going to have to do more than $4 cpms.. especially when you, as a company, get $12+ cpm.
Old 06-09-2015 , 12:03   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #147

The last line of the email I received.

Quote:
We can then review the data and make payment once everything checks out.
Considering the length of time I've had my account, the consistency of my requests and impressions over the history of my account, and considerably larger PAID invoices in the past than I currently have pending or am on course for this month....I consider that a threat of non-payment. I've been serving their ads the same exact way for close to a year and now there's a problem?

Last edited by mlov420; 06-09-2015 at 12:04.
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-09-2015 , 20:42   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
The last line of the email I received.

Considering the length of time I've had my account, the consistency of my requests and impressions over the history of my account, and considerably larger PAID invoices in the past than I currently have pending or am on course for this month....I consider that a threat of non-payment. I've been serving their ads the same exact way for close to a year and now there's a problem?
You must have gotten a different email.. I don't see that line anywhere
Old 06-09-2015 , 23:13   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #149

Here's what I got:

Quote:
Pinion June 2015 Update
Welcome to Pinion,
Furthermore from our last update; we are looking to re-envision Pinion, what we do and how we create value for everyone we touch.

We want to raise the eCPM in the US, UK and AU, that’s right, we want to pay you more. We are willing to commit to a $1 CPM raise for the next 6 months but we need your help.

The current fundamental problem lies with the performance metrics, we need more users clicking and interacting with the ads, and then we can bring more high value campaigns with product giveaways and community bonuses.

An open question to everyone, help us help you. Email us any ideas and suggestions you have to get users interacting and wanting to watch the MOTD. If we implement your idea, we will give you some Logitech Gear as a thank you and our infinite gratitude.

We have something pretty massive coming soon, we will be giving away $100,000 through the MOTD in a single campaign to 10,000 people over the course of a 4 week period. Pretty cool huh? No joke, for real.

Furthermore, Unikrn are allocating budget for giveaways every month to make your players love Pinion, love your community and keep playing on your servers.

Contact us, [email protected]. We want to hear from you.

TL;DR
  • We want to pay you more
  • We want your suggestions on how to increase engagement
  • $100,000 Giveaway coming soon
  • Unikrn Budget to make people love communities and Pinion
  • Survey, we'd appreciate your feedback
No threats here.

Last edited by Dr. McKay; 06-09-2015 at 23:14.
mlov420
Old 06-10-2015 , 06:06   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #150

You didn't get the same email we did then buddy, so maybe your involvement in this part of the conversation is unnecessary. Since you wanna comment without having any idea of what you're talking about, here is the email many of us received so you can be in the loop like you so desire:

Quote:
Hi

I am writing in regards to your Pinion account as we have noticed a massive increase in impressions from your community, but we are unable to validate this amount with the information we have. Can you please supply us a list of servers you run (IP and ports) using the Pinion plugin, as there is no record of these servers under your account. We can then review the data and make payment once everything checks out.

Regards,

James Sanchez

- Community Support Team

Tel (US) 8882 699 828
Tel (UK) 8081 890 418
Tel (Aus) 02 8212 5738

The funny thing about this is my impressions have decreased drastically over the past 3 months. This is just a copy paste letter. They keep apologizing to all the communities for sending out a blanket letter with the WRONG information specific to each community. This is so frustrating. I've already been told myself that even though my letter stated it was regarding a massive increase in impressions, that wasn't the case at all. It was "meant" to say that they are unable to receive callback information from us because we aren't using their plugin. So first they lie to us and mislead us, threaten non payment, then recant and say it's just about their plugin which according to their TERMS AND CONDITIONS is not required.

Last edited by mlov420; 06-10-2015 at 11:43.