Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

New install, plugin/module struggles

Post New Thread Reply   

weldingkat
Old 07-30-2015 , 00:49   New install, plugin/module struggles
Reply With Quote #1

I searched before posting this and I didn't find anything particularly close.

Installing a linux-based day-of-defeat (goldsource) server on dell hardware running Centos 6.6 x86_64. The server has 16gb ram, hardware mirrored 300gb sata's, and is connected to the internet no problem.

Using the "dodserver" script (http://danielgibbs.co.uk/lgsm/dodserver/) I successfully installed steamcmd, dod, updated everything, edited various basic config files, and I have a playable server.

Then I followed this: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Installi...Mod_X_Manually

And when I completed the process step by step, I get this in the console when it boots:
Exe version 1.1.2.6/Stdio (dod)
Exe build: 13:12:29 Aug 29 2013 (6153)
STEAM Auth Server
Server IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:27015

Metamod version 1.21.1-am Copyright (c) 2001-2013 Will Day <[email protected]>
Metamod comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `meta gpl'.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `meta gpl' for details.

AMX Mod X version 1.8.2 Copyright (c) 2004-2006 AMX Mod X Development Team
AMX Mod X comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `amxx gpl'.
This is free software and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions; type 'amxx gpl' for details.
Metamod is loading, amx mod x is loading. I was enthusiastic. However, none of the default plugins or modules are loading and I thought that would have been the case:

amxx modules
Currently loaded modules:
name version author status
0 modules, 0 correct
amxx plugins
Currently loaded plugins:
name version author file status
0 plugins, 0 running

My modules.ini file is empty except for comments. I didn't succeed in finding a tutorial which suggests I should put something there for the default plugins to work.

My plugins.ini file is the default and admin.amxx is not commented out but admin_sql.amxx is, and so on. This matches the various tutorial and guides I've found so far.

I also added my steam account to the users.ini file but that didn't give my any access or features that I could see through running dod on my windows desktop.
"STEAM_0:0xxxxxx" "" "abcdefghijklmnopqrstu" "ce"

I think the problem is likely I missed something four times in a row installing and reviewing the install which results in the modules and plugins from being loaded.

Any thoughts, comments or advice would be appreciated, even if it's a point towards a tutorial that covers this kind of issue.

Thanks in advance!

WeldingKat
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-30-2015 , 08:52   Re: New install, plugin/module struggles
Reply With Quote #2

I've never used any scripts when installing my DOD servers on my Linux server but it doesn't appear like you did anything wrong.

What is the output of "meta list"?
Old 07-30-2015 , 10:31   Re: New install, plugin/module struggles
Reply With Quote #3

meta list
Currently loaded plugins:
description stat pend file vers src load unlod
[ 1] AMX Mod X RUN - amxmodx_mm_i386. v1.8.2 ini Start ANY
1 plugins, 1 running

Amusingly, I reinstalled everything from scratch without the dodserver script and I didn't get a different result. amxmodx and metamod are loading, but none of the modules or plugins load. The modules.ini is empty so I would expect that. plugins.ini has the default items listed, and they aren't loading.

Weird.

Last edited by weldingkat; 07-30-2015 at 17:41.
weldingkat
Old 07-30-2015 , 21:35   Re: New install, plugin/module struggles
Reply With Quote #4

Alright. Back to where I started. used the dodserver script to reload everything, dod server works.

Installed metamod-1.21.1-am and that loads. I can see it in the console and if I rcon meta list it identifies itself but shows no modules or plugins loaded.

Installed amxmodx 1.83 (linux), added the amxmodx library file to metamod's plugins.ini file:
linux addons/amxmodx/dlls/amxmodx_mm_i386.so

Then I installed amxmodx for DOD 1.83 (linux) on top of that.

restarted the server, metamod and amxmodx loads.

meta list shows amxmodx is loading. amxmodx isn't loading anything past itself. if I type "amxx plugins" on the server console or via rcon, amxmodx responds by indicating there are no plugins loaded. Same for modules.

I've gone through several tutorials on this matter and at this point, *something* should be loading. I'm baffled.

I disabled selinux.
chmod permissions are correct.
I get the same results whether I use the dodserver script from LGSM or install steamcmd manually.
I get the same results whether I start hlds_run directly or via dodserver script.
I get the same results whether I load the server against my public IP or my private IP

For my entertainment, I wiped the entire server and installed 32-bit Centos 6.6 to see if that might have something to do with it but I got the same results so I restored what I had previously from the backup so I'm back to 64 bit.

I then dug through the modules.ini and noticed sql needs to be enabled as per this page: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Configuring_amx_mod_x#CVARs

So, I uncommented it, restarted the dod server, and now the sql module is loading. I can see it when I type "amxx modules" in the console or by rcon.

I appreciate any help. I know I'm missing something obvious.

weldingkat
Old 07-31-2015 , 02:23   Re: New install, plugin/module struggles
Reply With Quote #5

Working. The issue was in the liblist.gam:

type "multiplayer_only"
nomodels "1"
nohimodel "1"
mpentity "info_player_allies"
gamedll_linux "dlls/dod.so"
gamedll_linux "addons/metamod/dlls/metamod.so"
detailed_textures "1"

The tutorial I was using (https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Installi...Mod_X_Manually) indicated to comment out 'gamedll_linux "dlls/mp_i386.so"' when adding metamod.so, and since that line didn't exist I didn't remove anything from the file. I had assumed with the recent changes with steam, that line was obsolete.

Once I commented out 'gamedll_linux "dlls/dod.so"' viola, the steamID's listed in amxmodx's admin list have admin and any plugins listed in the .ini load.

Last edited by weldingkat; 07-31-2015 at 02:24.