Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

RESTORED!: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)

Post New Thread Reply   

slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2007 , 14:53   RESTORED!: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #1

Ok, I don't have much time to write, but essentially I found a way I can give everyone their space back. Contact me and look up your old login details. Send me those same details I gave you because I will let you use the same data you currently have or used to have.

So just send me username/password you'd like (preferably keep the same user/pass as you used to have) and I'll give you details back for login.

Thanks,

Slmclarengt

I hate to "come back from the dead" with this news, but it's too little too late.

This offer has been terminated retroactively and proactively. I will be removing all access to any and all individuals as soon as time permits. My apologies for the inconvenience however I gave my services away for free just for a group of idiots to take advantage of it and "hack" my less than useful shit anyways.

<Sorry...Cant allow that...Even if what they did is wrong - Roach>

Sp4rt4n here at alliedmods.net is offering the same service as I am for free so visit his site: http://www.iongaming.net/ or contact him for further details. If you are currently using my hosting, I will remove all FTP access you have but will retain the files in case you wish to keep them for 3 days (until Thursday Jan 22) at most but I reserve the right to just go deleting anything and everything.

Clearly this 'group' of hackers is amateur ("Grabberz") but anyone willing to fight fire with fire back to these morons has my full support.

NOTE: YOUR LOGIN DETAILS WILL NOT WORK ANYMORE. IF YOU ASK ME WHY THEY DO NOT, YOU ARE AN IDIOT

I have noticed many servers do not have downloadurl space and am therefore offering FREE WEBSPACE for sv_downloadurl and for this FUNCTION EXCLUSIVELY only for the user specified.

Update 9/15/08:
Lately I have been noticing abuse, illegal activities, and outright disrespectful activities occurring on my webspace. If you (ANYONE) causes me to lose my temper, I would be more than happy to remove EVERY SINGLE PERSON from my sv_downloadurl capabilities. Do note that would equate to over 75 people extremely pissed off and don't worry, I WOULD TELL THEM WHO DID IT. Knock your shit off now or I will not offer this space to anyone else and I will explicitly revoke the privilege from YOU and/or EVERYONE while making sure they know exactly who to harass if that happens [YOU!].

You are NOT authorized to sell, trade, distribute or use my services for any doctrine not explicitly described herein. I only authorize the use of the webspace provided to the person who requests it. If it used for anyone else or sold to anyone else, it will be revoked and you will be reprimanded for your actions.

Also, illegal actions are not permitted by any means for any reason. This includes but is not limited to, the use, storage and/or distribution of warez/viruses/trojans or anything of the like including any copyright music as this would be a direct violation of copyright laws set forth by the government. I will not be held liable for any legal actions taken against a given client of my services; I will route all inquiries directly to the user at hand and ensure the government has sufficient information to PROSECUTE YOU under the laws governing you if necessary.

New amendment to my original deal with users: I will not allow the use of my webspace for websites from here on out. To do so would be to compromise the true benefit of this; I am not a web hoster looking to give everyone a website. There are PLENTY of those types of hosts (even with CPanel free). Check out qupis.com if you want that; servers in Los Angeles, CA.

If there is something you are looking to host and/or are hosting on the webspace and you have questions about whether you can or cannot host it, do NOT host it. I have deleted random files/folders from people and unfortunately for you I happen to be an asshole who will not give you your illegal files back or any file I feel like deleting. This space is EXPLICITLY for sv_downloadurl users, not people looking for a website, not users to make a quick buck selling my webspace or anyone else with unethical, immoral and/or illegal actions.

KNOCK THE SHIT OFF, essentially or you WILL ruin it for yourself/everyone.

My requests are simple:
You Private Message me to obtain the space by providing basic information for me
  1. Game type
  2. Server IP/Port
  3. Alias/Name by Contact
  4. Space required
  5. Username/Password (optional - I can generate one easily)
  6. If MySQL db is required
I don't require you provide all that information but I like to know where my services are being put to use really I need no information, but I do ask that if/when you request space, you write professionally. No more of this: "yo wat up. i neeed sum stuf u givin away. kkthx"

Just try this: "Hey, I'd like to know if I could take advantage of your free space offer/mysql db offer for my clan; I'd like some space for my custom maps and a database for my Experience plugin."

You will get better results that way. Also, I wouldn't mind support of my clan's site bndclan.com but that is optional.

You can get hosting if you need it - I don't see it chewing my bandwidth away completely because the files are downloaded once by the same person and not again.

Features:
Full FTP access to your region
Flexible amounts of space depending on necessity.
Los Angeles, CA data center :-)
High speed downloads
Ability to download files fast.

PLEASE IF YOU DECIDE NOT TO READ ANYTHING, READ THESE TWO THINGS!!!!:

TUTORIAL written by myself (in this thread) as to HOW to use FTP/sv_downloadurl: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...26&postcount=9
For more information: visit google.com and type sv_downloadurl setup!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS OFFER, CONTACT ME VIA PM AS PROFESSIONALLY AS POSSIBLE - I AM NOT GOING TO TOLERATE ANY MORE NONSENSE WITH PUNCTUATION/GRAMMAR/SPELLING MISTAKES THAT ARE CLEARLY OUT OF STUPIDITY AND NOT JUST BY ACCIDENT. I AM OFFERING A FREE SERVICE TO YOU THAT I PAY FOR WITH MY OWN MONEY, BE RESPECTFUL OF IT AND HONOR MY SIMPLE REQUESTS! THANK YOU!

-- Sorry for using all caps, just getting fed up with stupidity in my PMs to the point of wanting to just remove the offer completely! --

EDIT 1/17/08: Unfortunately I have to discontinue offering MySQL dbs: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...092#post575092

By using my services offered, you agree to the terms set forth in this binding contract. Any violation will be handled accordingly.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!

Last edited by slmclarengt; 01-26-2009 at 18:17.
iamjosh
Old 08-26-2007 , 20:36   Re: Downloadurl space
Reply With Quote #2

Its good people are still offering this, people really need to get into the swing of things, most servers should be fast dls.

Anyways I would like a fastdl server =]. I'll PM you.
Vukha
Old 08-27-2007 , 22:49   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #3

I have a cs1.6 server and would love to make it fast download. Although I am fairly new to owning a server. I know the basics of it all but making it a fast download, I might need help. Pm me if you would like to help me. Thx in advance.
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2007 , 23:47   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukha View Post
I have a cs1.6 server and would love to make it fast download. Although I am fairly new to owning a server. I know the basics of it all but making it a fast download, I might need help. Pm me if you would like to help me. Thx in advance.
Well I won't be pming you because it's not my job to contact you - that's why I asked you to contact me. You will learn how to figure it out and you will learn that ON YOUR OWN because sv_downloadurl is ridiculously simple to make work. Look online, there are TONS of very short tutorials. I will give you the space/bandwidth to make it work - you will make it work.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 08-28-2007 , 12:00   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
Well I won't be pming you because it's not my job to contact you - that's why I asked you to contact me. You will learn how to figure it out and you will learn that ON YOUR OWN because sv_downloadurl is ridiculously simple to make work. Look online, there are TONS of very short tutorials. I will give you the space/bandwidth to make it work - you will make it work.

Slmclarengt
Well said.
Old 08-28-2007 , 16:40   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
Do I make myself clear?

Slmclarengt
While you still have time, clean up the post. I am digging the hatred, but you shouldn't use the k-word. (All you say is right though).
Old 08-28-2007 , 17:07   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #7

OMG a dream come true.
could you host me a webserver?
and how can i reach you?

or you could reach me on aim
add me : Pnoibestylin16
Bend3R
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2007 , 17:25   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #8

Well you should have thinked about that from the first time
people gonna ask how to use FTP, setup sv_downloadurl...
always if you offer something (most free stuff)

If you already knew that:
Why did you start this thread from the first time which get you piss off?
If you can't handle them asking, I suggest you delete your first post.
And keep it for your self.

And for the last:
I'm not a newbie at FTP the cool/adult/angry guy
so I don't need any Google help, thank you, but no thanks
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2007 , 18:06   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #9

@ Everyone - yes my anger level reaches high levels and I sound like a completely out-of-control asshole but look at it from my point-of-view. I am offering webspace/bandwidth for free, which I pay quite a bit for and on top of that, I am taking the time and energy to set things up for people. All of this with very little appreciation and understanding of how much it takes from me. I wanted to help everyone get a small piece of the fast downloading pie but instead people think that I will do everything for them as if I don't have enough to do already. With some people, depending on the attitude given, I offer to help but when people expect me to explain everything to them, I get mad quickly because not only are they unappreciative, but they are expecting ME to provide support for something I am already paying for but giving to them for nothing. I did not ever imply anyone could contact me for actual help setting up sv_downloadurl and FTP.

@ Bend3r - Keep the webspace I allocated for you and enjoy using fast download. Seeing that you are Swedish that would probably be the reason we had some miscommunication. I'm sorry if you took offense to everything, but sometimes Shit Happens. If you prefer to speak German (if possible), we can possibly work through that.

@ Everyone else - I will delete my post with all the hatred and instead in this post, I will write a small tutorial detailing how to use FTP and sv_downloadurl.
  1. Get FTP program (smartftp or Internet explorer should suffice but IE 7 does not work well)
  2. Enter hostname given in Private message into "address" field in SmartFTP
  3. Enter username given in private message into "Login" field in smartftp
  4. Enter password given in private message into "password" field
  5. Next, to setup sv_downloadurl, open your server.cfg file which is in the root directory of cstrike/czero
  6. At the bottom of the file, make space for a line to be inserted (white space)
  7. Enter into it the exact address of your hosting: "http://<hostname or address given in private message>.com/<your LOGIN USERNAME>
  8. If you wish to create a new directory in smartftp, right click the white space in your directory (after connected) and create a new folder
  9. Name the folder "server" or "fastdl" or whatever you want
  10. Then upload all files from your cstrike/czero folder (models/sprites/sounds/wad files) but not addons folder, server.cfg or any configuration files. ONLY put models/sprites/wads/maps/sounds/etc.. in your webserver as it is accessible to the WORLD
  11. You should be completely setup and ready to enjoy fast downloading

Or for another tutorial with more energy put into it: http://serverop.j-w-m.de/div/sv_downloadurl.TXT or
http://rentalforums.nuclearfallout.n...pic.php?t=1671

Slmclarengt

Last edited by slmclarengt; 08-28-2007 at 18:09.
Pnoibestylin
Old 08-29-2007 , 03:27   Re: FREE SV_Downloadurl space available in Los Angeles :-)
Reply With Quote #10

so ahm.
how can i reach you?