Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)

Post New Thread Reply   

FLOOR_MASTER
Old 04-02-2008 , 22:18   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations
Reply With Quote #21

This is only for advanced users: By the way, this command will be removed eventually or recreated as another command, but for now, the server console command dmr will reload dmr.txt (dmr_file, actually) and display the nextmap in console. If you want to skip ahead in your DMR, change the cvar dmr_map_key (be sure to use the "dmr" command afterwards to verify that the map key is correct). Remember that the default_nextmap and conditional nextmaps of dmr_map_key are used to determine the next map.
arm5ky
Old 04-06-2008 , 08:12   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #22

Fantasic,

Could you add another custom condition? Day of week would be very handy.

Weekdays we would have stock maps, but would like a mixture on Saturday and customs only on Sunday!!
FLOOR_MASTER
Old 04-06-2008 , 09:09   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #23

I've uploaded version 0.3 which includes support for specifying the day of the week. Here's what I wrote in the original post about how to use it:
  • day_eq - the day is currently a certain day of the week, where the day is specified with m, t, w, r, f, s, and u for Monday, Tuesday, etc. You can specify multiple days. For example, "day_eq" "mwf" will be true if the day is Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. "day_eq" "u" will be true if the day is Sunday.
  • day_neq - ditto, but if the day is NOT a certain day of the week
arm5ky
Old 04-06-2008 , 15:37   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #24

Now tha is fast work.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2008 , 17:47   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #25

Does this work with RTV or not? If not I guess its worth taking it out for this.

FLOOR_MASTER
Old 04-06-2008 , 18:48   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #26

I did some quick testing with RTV and TF2 a few weeks ago and they appear to work fine together. Note that your rotation will continue where it left off after the RTV map (the nextmap won't be skipped).
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2008 , 19:41   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #27

Here is my new mapcycle. Hope it works
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dmrviz.php.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	25387  

FLOOR_MASTER
Old 04-06-2008 , 20:08   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #28

I updated dmr.php to support drawing day_eq and day_neq.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2008 , 20:52   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #29

With the new ads plugin the {SM_NEXTMAP} feature shows my other map cycle. So far thats about it.

FLOOR_MASTER
Old 04-06-2008 , 20:58   Re: Dynamic Map Rotations (Nextmap Based on # of Players, Time, etc)
Reply With Quote #30

Can you link to the specific plugin? I'm guessing the ads plugin gets its information off of a nextmap cvar, and if so, I can fix that easily.