Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SDKHooks_TakeDamage BUG?

Post New Thread Reply   

Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 12-06-2015 , 10:16   Re: SDKHooks_TakeDamage BUG?
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
Dont forget about SDKHook_OnTakeDamage_Alive as it reports the correct damage that will taken after things like distance and armor are taken into effect.

I don't think it matters in this case but it can be really useful.
Do note that it won't always report the true final damage like you will see in player_hurt.

So far I know it doesn't include things like Spy watch resistances in TF2,

I think it also didn't include minicrits/crit multipliers (even if the dmgtype has DMG_CRIT).

Probably other miscellaneous stuff such as attributes that add damage vulnerability on things like Powerjack and Cozy Camper.

Also, SDKHooks_TakeDamage won't bypass OnTakeDamage_Alive last I remember. (Okay I forget).

Last edited by Chdata; 12-06-2015 at 11:16.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 12-08-2015 , 19:53   Re: SDKHooks_TakeDamage BUG?
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
That's not quite what he said. The native bypasses the hook, but it's more of a side-effect of how the native is implemented than intentionally planned at the time - that behaviour will never be changed and is generally useful and relied upon.
Thank you for clarifying this. His explanation came off kind of as an approach to saying what is wrong.
Given your notion, is there no chance this will ever get extended with an optional param?
I wouldn't mind doing it "right", and also updating the unclear documentation (which does not say if it triggers the hooks, to me it honestly implies that it does not go around the hook - why should it?), but given that my last pr, the simple hudmessage bugfix, hasn't been accepted or commented so far, I'm wondering if I should even bother? I'm not sure how fast and if the wheels turn here.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2015 , 08:44   Re: SDKHooks_TakeDamage BUG?
Reply With Quote #23

Well you could use OTDA

... if it actually does catch it which I still haven't really re-tested

And actually having an option for OTD to catch it would be neato. It's kinda silly to have to manually call OnTakeDamage after TakeDamage sometimes.

Last edited by Chdata; 12-09-2015 at 08:44.