Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010

Post New Thread Reply   

KiRRA
Old 08-07-2014 , 22:57   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I don't know if these files are correct, but I grabbed the sample Nuke models and materials off another server's FastDL directory since there doesn't seem to be downloads of them in this thread anywhere.
Oops! Thanks for that Powerlord, I guess I forgot to include those files in the zip I created/posted. If I get those added into the zip file, any chance of having it added to first post so folks don't have to hunt for it?
FuG's TF2 PropHunt/Dodgeball Server - 209.144.30.29:27015
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 10-10-2014 , 15:09   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #352

I started to mess around with this plugin and I just added two features:
Using the giveweapons plugin, the dodgeball plugin now takes everybody's weps and give them a custom flamethrower that doesn't push people away.
Also I create an Observer Point on round start that follows the last created rocket, it's really awesome to look at it haha.

If anyone wants to try it here is it:

Remember, if you want to use this version, you need GiveWeapons. Also if you comment the "force pyro" part of the code, you would be able to play as any class with a flamethrower!

Edit: Sorry I made a mistake with the version I uploaded. Here:
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (TF2_Dodgeball.sp - 126 views - 71.8 KB)
File Type: smx TF2_Dodgeball.smx (28.3 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by ClassicGuzzi; 10-10-2014 at 21:53.
Negratius
Old 10-16-2014 , 22:27   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #353

Hello guys
After giving up on Asherkin's plugin, now i'm trying to use this one
The server was running fine for a couple days, but since yesterday's update (10/15) i'm getting these errors:

PHP Code:
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11SourceMod error session started
L 10
/16/2014 23:24:11Info (map "tfdb_box_sides_a3") (file "errors_20141016.log")
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SMNative "CloseHandle" reportedHandle 10a10e50 is invalid (error 1)
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SMDisplaying call stack trace for plugin "tf2itemsinfo.smx":
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SM]   [0]  Line 1121F:\27010\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\tf2itemsinfo.sp::PrecacheItemSchema()
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SM]   [1]  Line 288F:\27010\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\tf2itemsinfo.sp::OnConfigsExecuted()
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SMPlugin encountered error 25Call was aborted
L 10
/16/2014 23:24:11: [SMNative "SetFailState" reportedNo spawner class definition for the Red spawners exists in the config file.
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SMDisplaying call stack trace for plugin "TF2_Dodgeball.smx":
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SM]   [0]  Line 320C:\TF2 Server\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\Scripting\TF2_Dodgeball.sp::EnableDodgeBall()
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SM]   [1]  Line 263C:\TF2 Server\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\Scripting\TF2_Dodgeball.sp::OnConfigsExecuted() 
Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Thanks!

_______________px. Negratius________________

Send a message via MSN to Negratius
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2014 , 22:32   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negratius View Post
Hello guys
After giving up on Asherkin's plugin, now i'm trying to use this one
The server was running fine for a couple days, but since yesterday's update (10/15) i'm getting these errors:

PHP Code:
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11SourceMod error session started
L 10
/16/2014 23:24:11Info (map "tfdb_box_sides_a3") (file "errors_20141016.log")
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SMNative "CloseHandle" reportedHandle 10a10e50 is invalid (error 1)
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SMDisplaying call stack trace for plugin "tf2itemsinfo.smx":
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SM]   [0]  Line 1121F:\27010\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\tf2itemsinfo.sp::PrecacheItemSchema()
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SM]   [1]  Line 288F:\27010\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\tf2itemsinfo.sp::OnConfigsExecuted()
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SMPlugin encountered error 25Call was aborted
L 10
/16/2014 23:24:11: [SMNative "SetFailState" reportedNo spawner class definition for the Red spawners exists in the config file.
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SMDisplaying call stack trace for plugin "TF2_Dodgeball.smx":
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SM]   [0]  Line 320C:\TF2 Server\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\Scripting\TF2_Dodgeball.sp::EnableDodgeBall()
L 10/16/2014 23:24:11: [SM]   [1]  Line 263C:\TF2 Server\orangebox\tf\addons\sourcemod\Scripting\TF2_Dodgeball.sp::OnConfigsExecuted() 
Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Thanks!
This plugin doesn't use tf2itemsinfo so this plugin doesn't have to do anything with this.

Also "No spawner class definition for the Red spawners exists in the config file." check the config file if there is any { } that should'n be there, or post here your config.
Negratius
Old 10-17-2014 , 17:50   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
This plugin doesn't use tf2itemsinfo so this plugin doesn't have to do anything with this.

Also "No spawner class definition for the Red spawners exists in the config file." check the config file if there is any { } that should'n be there, or post here your config.
Hey thanks for the reply
I just posted the log with the tf2itemsinfo only because they generated error at the same time, but anyway...

here is my dodgeball.cfg (i think it's okay ):

PHP Code:

"tf2_dodgeball"
{

"general"

{

"music"                            "1"      // Play music on Dodgeball gamemode?

"round start"                      ""                                          // Music to play on round start (before gameplay start)

"round end (win)"                  ""                                          // Music to play for the winner team

"round end (lose)"                 ""                                          // Music to play for the loser team

"gameplay"                         ""                                          // Music to play when the gameplay starts. This one stops
                                                                                       // at round end.

"use web player"                   "0"      // If the use of web player is enabled, these will be

"web player url"                   ""       // used instead of the gameplay music

}

"classes"

{

"common"

{

// >>> Basic parameters <<<

"name"                        "Homing Rocket"    // Full name of the rocket type

"behaviour"                   "homing"           // The only behaviour right now is homing :P

"model"                       ""                 // Default: Common rocket model

"is animated"                 "0"                // Only works when using a custom model

"play spawn sound"            "1"                // Does the rocket emit a sound when spawning?

"play beep sound"             "0"                // Does the rocket emit a beeping sound?

"play alert sound"            "0"                // Does the rocket emit an alert sound to the client when being targetted?

"spawn sound"                 ""                 // Default: Sentry rocket sound

"beep sound"                  ""                 // Default: Sentry searching sound

"alert sound"                 ""                 // Default: Sentry client spotted sound

"beep interval"               "0"                // Emit sound every x time

// >>> Specific behaviour modificators <<<

"elevate on deflect"          "0"                // Does the rocket can elevate after deflection?

"neutral rocket"              "0"                // Does this rocket has no team based targets?

// >>> Movement parameters <<<

"damage"                      "175"               // Base damage done by the rocket.

"damage increment"            "0"               // Increment per reflection.

"speed"                       "1100"              // Base speed for the rocket.

"speed increment"             "70"              // Speed increment per reflection.

"turn rate"                   "0.750"            // Turn rate / tick for this rocket.

"turn rate increment"         "0.000"           // Increment per deflection.

"elevation rate"              "0.060"           // Elevation rate when deflected (if enabled)

"elevation limit"             "0.080"            // Maximum elevation when deflected (if enabled)

"control delay"               "0.050"             // Delay until the rocket starts tracking the target after a deflection.

"critical chance"             "100"              // Percentage of chance for a critical rocket.

"no. players modifier"        "0.00"             // Increment based upon the number of players in the server.

"no. rockets modifier"        "0.00"              // Increment based upon the number of rockets fired since the start of the round.

"direction to target weight"  "10"               // Weight modifier for target selection, based upon the direction of the rocket
                                                             // to the client.
            // >>> Events <<<

"on spawn"                    ""                 // Actions to execute on rocket spawn.

"on deflect"                  ""                 // Actions to execute when a rocket is deflected.

"on kill"                     ""                 // Actions to execute when a rocket kills a client.

"on explode"                  "tf_dodgeball_explosion @dead ; tf_dodgeball_shockwave @dead 0 0 0 0"                 // Actions to execute when a rocket kills a client (triggered once).

}

"nuke"

{

"name"                        "Nuke!"
            "behaviour"                   "homing"
            "model"                       "models/custom/dodgeball/nuke/nuke.mdl"
            "is animated"                 "1"
            "play spawn sound"            "1"
            "play beep sound"             "1"
            "play alert sound"            "1"
            "spawn sound"                 ""
            "beep sound"                  ""
            "alert sound"                 ""
            "beep interval"               "0.2"

// >>> Specific behaviour modificators <<<

"elevate on deflect"          "1"
            "neutral rocket"              "0"

// >>> Movement parameters <<<

"damage"                      "200"
            "damage increment"            "200"
            "speed"                       "550"
            "speed increment"             "100"
            "turn rate"                   "0.233"
            "turn rate increment"         "0.0275"
            "elevation rate"              "0.1237"
            "elevation limit"             "0.1237"
            "control delay"               "0.01"
            "critical chance"             "100"
            "no. players modifier"        "0.01"
            "no. rockets modifier"        "0.1"
            "direction to target weight"  "25"

// >>> Events <<<

"on spawn"                    ""
            "on deflect"                  ""
            "on kill"                     ""
            "on explode"                  "tf_dodgeball_explosion @dead ; tf_dodgeball_shockwave @dead 200 1000 1000 600"

}
    }

"spawners"

{

// >>> Default RED spawner <<<

"red"

{

"max rockets"            "1"                // Max no. of rockets before the spawner can fire another.

"interval"               "6.0"              // Minimum time between rocket fires.

// >>> Chances table <<<

"common%"                "100"               // Chance to spawn a common rocket

"nuke%"                  "0"               // Chance to spawn a nuke rocket

}

// >>> Default BLU spawner <<<

"blu"

{

"max rockets"            "1"               // Max no. of rockets before the spawner can fire another.

"interval"               "6.0"             // Minimum time between rocket fires.

// >>> Chances table <<<

"common%"                "100"              // Chance to spawn a common rocket

"nuke%"                  "0"              // Chance to spawn a nuke rocket

}
    }

ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2014 , 18:12   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #356

Quote:
Hey thanks for the reply
I just posted the log with the tf2itemsinfo only because they generated error at the same time, but anyway...

here is my dodgeball.cfg (i think it's okay ):
Try this one, I think that the plugin complains if you define a new type of rocket but you don't use it, I deleted the nuke part and the the nuke's probabilities.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg general.cfg (5.6 KB, 108 views)
Negratius
Old 10-18-2014 , 09:55   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
Try this one, I think that the plugin complains if you define a new type of rocket but you don't use it, I deleted the nuke part and the the nuke's probabilities.
nop, still not working

It's kinda random
In some mapstarts the plugin loads fine, in others it fails
And it's not because of the map, i've tested sometimes on the same map and it worked randomly

When the plugin fails to looad, i just use the "sm plugins refresh" and it starts working

ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 10-18-2014 , 12:54   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #358

Quote:
nop, still not working

It's kinda random
In some mapstarts the plugin loads fine, in others it fails
And it's not because of the map, i've tested sometimes on the same map and it worked randomly

When the plugin fails to looad, i just use the "sm plugins refresh" and it starts working
That's... really weird I never heard of a case when "sometimes" a plugin reads Key values and sometimes not...

The only thing that I could think of is:
*Another map config file that isn't defined very well (probably not since some it works)

*You are disabling the plugin while it's loading everything. The only thing that can make that red spawn value -1 (besides a bad config file) is the DisableDodgeBall() function so... maybe you are disabling/enabling and/or un/loading the plugin in a cfg? (like the server.cfg, map.cfg, etc)

I'm not really sure sorry, it's really a weird problem, you should also check the dodgeball's enabled/disabled cfgs (just to see if there something that could help).
babyghost10
Old 10-19-2014 , 02:37   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #359

anyone giving away a speedometer for tfdb?
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 10-19-2014 , 02:41   Re: [TF2] Yet Another Dodgeball Plugin (1.0) - 08/05/2010
Reply With Quote #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyghost10 View Post
anyone giving away a speedometer for tfdb?
It can be done easily, this function is called every time the rocket change velocity:
Code:
/* CalculateRocketSpeed()
** Calculates the speed of the rocket based on it's type and deflection count.
** -------------------------------------------------------------------------- */
Float:CalculateRocketSpeed(iClass, Float:fModifier)
{
	return g_fRocketClassSpeed[iClass] + g_fRocketClassSpeedIncrement[iClass] * fModifier;
}
It's called ongameframe so you need to be careful