Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Looking To Hire Someone To Setup Server

Post New Thread Reply   

Chillbro_Baggins
Old 12-25-2018 , 13:35   Looking To Hire Someone To Setup Server
Reply With Quote #1

Thanks for reading. I hope I am allowed to post this here, if not please refer me to the appropriate place.

I am looking to hire someone to help me setup a Day of Defeat server.

1) Rank mod - I would prefer Kills Minus Deaths be the scoring system. Also flags count as 3 kills.
2) Quake Sounds mod - I believe thats the name of the mod. When a player is on a killstreak it yells out dominating, unstoppable, holy sh*t, etc.
3) Theres a mod that when you shoot someone it pops up in blue how much damage you did to him.
4) When you die it pops up with all the people you killed and how much damage you did.
5) Restrict the guns to 1 mg and 1 sniper per team.

There would probably be more things I would need your help with. I already bought the server, I am 100% in for this.

Please get back to me if you would like to help with this, thanks!
Chillbro_Baggins
Old 12-25-2018 , 14:01   Re: Looking To Hire Someone To Setup Server
Reply With Quote #2

I rented the server from gamerservers.com - I am looking at it now but I am already having trouble.

Any advice on how to upload a map to the server?

Thanks!
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-25-2018 , 16:30   Re: Looking To Hire Someone To Setup Server
Reply With Quote #3

IMO, a post like this probably doesn't belong here anywhere except for maybe "Suggestions/Requests" or "Off-topic" (since it's not really a specific problem). You can report your own post and request that it gets moved if you want. If you have specific problem with a plugin, you would post in that plugin's thread. If you have an issue with an HLDS/server feature, you'd post in the HLDS section. If you have a question or issue with a built-in AMX Mod X feature, you post in the AMX Mod X General section.
  1. I've never wanted such a thing so I'm not sure. Try searching.
  2. I've never wanted such a thing so I'm not sure. Try searching.
  3. I think this one is called "Bullet Damage".
  4. I believe that this is a default feature that comes with AMX Mod X and you can enable it via the amxmodmenu.
  5. You can restrict the number of classes players can choose using built-in cvars: mp_limitalliesspring, mp_limitbritsniper, mp_limitbritmg, mp_limitaxisscopedkar, mp_limitallies30cal, mp_limitaxismg34, and mp_limitaxismg42. Notice that there are two MGs for axis so there is a cvar to combine the limits together (mp_combinemglimits).

P.S. there is a whole website dedicated to Day of Defeat and plugins (though it's not very active) and there are a ton of Day of Defeat specific plugins and info there.