Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Technical/Development
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    A simple run & forget plugin that fixes entities parented to players being hidden to other players like custom weapon/cosmetic models
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    No source code / plugin, GitHub links are broken, fix it and use the Report Post button for a new review.
    Old 09-10-2020 , 13:12   [TF2] Serverside Player Attachment Visibility Fix
    Reply With Quote #1

Stops the engine from rendering entities parented to a player invisible, i.e. custom wearable models and such. This plugin was based around an older version of a similar plugin created by MasterXykon, only without a hundred different if statements.

Just run the plugin and you don't have to code in the appropriate change to the netprop in your own plugins. Or if you're a fan of Ronco, "set it and forget it!".

View this plugin on Github

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 09-10-2020 at 14:26.
    XGAK
    Old 09-11-2020 , 00:09   Re: [TF2] Serverside Player Attachment Visibility Fix
    Reply With Quote #2

I think it is not allowed to be posted here?
    404UserNotFound
    BANNED
    Old 09-11-2020 , 05:24   Re: [TF2] Serverside Player Attachment Visibility Fix
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by XGAK View Post
    I think it is not allowed to be posted here?
    Why? Because of m_bValidatedAttachedEntity?

Everyone knows about m_bValidatedAttachedEntity and most if not all communities in TF2 that abuse it (Skial, Wonderland, etc) for fake official items (so Creators.TF doesn't count in this as we don't fake official items) know about it.

There's no point to being secretive about it as if it's going to magically protect the integrity of a game that is over 10 years old and is on life support.

Edit: Turns out probably an unapprove but not a delete-on-sight so it's kind-of allowed.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 09-11-2020 at 05:35.
    DragShot
    Old 09-11-2020 , 12:46   Re: [TF2] Serverside Player Attachment Visibility Fix
    Reply With Quote #4

Interesting. I wasn't aware of fake items being that big of a deal in community servers, specially in TF2. Having played in servers like Skial and seeing people investing credits for temporal fake items like unusuals or trail effects, I thought nobody really minded, since that only worked inside those servers. Unless ofc there's other more questionable uses of these properties that I'm not aware of.

Either way, I welcome this submission of yours.
    404UserNotFound
    BANNED
    Old 09-11-2020 , 15:01   Re: [TF2] Serverside Player Attachment Visibility Fix
    Reply With Quote #5

That stuff is kind of why Valve broke serverside player attachments in the first place (fake unusuals cutting into Valve's profits from the Market)
    kerimengit
    Old 09-14-2020 , 10:25   Re: [TF2] Serverside Player Attachment Visibility Fix
    Reply With Quote #6

Sorry for my English, well, this thing is super useful, thanks for making this plugin

Last edited by kerimengit; 09-14-2020 at 10:25.
    404UserNotFound
    BANNED
    Old 09-20-2020 , 01:12   Re: [TF2] Serverside Player Attachment Visibility Fix
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kerimengit View Post
    Sorry for my English, well, this thing is super useful, thanks for making this plugin
    Your English is just fine, friend. Thank you for your reply
    Shadowysn
    Old 09-23-2020 , 05:01   Re: [TF2] Serverside Player Attachment Visibility Fix
    Reply With Quote #8

After all these times... it was a netprop.

A netprop.

I thought they did magic trickery on the client so it'd be ridiculously hard to fix on the server... that would've been the best solution they could've come up with.

But nope, turns out they were lazy and just added only one extra step for fake wearables.
    I wonder if people would receive warnings or bans or get their posts deleted if they talk about m_bValidatedAttachedEntity on other posts of the site?

Steam profile, where I game, obviously.
    Youtube channel, where I do Stick Death Maze animations and some other stuff.
    no plugin requests, sorry

My Plugins:
    -search list-
    Modified Plugins:
    1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Last edited by Shadowysn; 09-23-2020 at 05:07.
    404UserNotFound
    BANNED
    Old 09-25-2020 , 04:31   Re: [TF2] Serverside Player Attachment Visibility Fix
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
    After all these times... it was a netprop.

A netprop.

I thought they did magic trickery on the client so it'd be ridiculously hard to fix on the server... that would've been the best solution they could've come up with.

But nope, turns out they were lazy and just added only one extra step for fake wearables.
    A netprop! A fucking netprop! Their solution was a fucking netprop! Oh my god. They could have done anything else and they chose a fucking netprop!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
    I wonder if people would receive warnings or bans or get their posts deleted if they talk about m_bValidatedAttachedEntity on other posts of the site?
    Well I suppose they used to? I'm honestly surprised this is still up considering Asherkin mentioned nowadays it would be an unapprove. But I mentioned doing so would still leave it visible in the unapproved section so what good would that really do?

Guess it's allowed now.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 09-25-2020 at 04:33.
    Seamusmario
    Old 11-17-2020 , 14:49   Re: [TF2] Serverside Player Attachment Visibility Fix
    Reply With Quote #10

Why make this if it's against valve's terms of service?