Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Metamod:Source Beta Testers Needed

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

BAILOPAN
Old 12-14-2007 , 02:06   Metamod:Source Beta Testers Needed

We need beta testers for an upcoming version of Metamod:Source. This beta testing period will not last long (perhaps a week or so), and we need testers for both the 1.4 (Original) and 1.6 (TF/Orange Box) branch.

You should only apply if you have experience administrating Source servers. We will be communicating via IRC. If you are interested, please PM me or Viper in IRC (irc.gamesurge.net, BAILOPAN or Viper) or these forums. There is no need to give me any credentials, I will accept anyone who is interested in helping us.

Be aware that we will not have time to help you with issues unrelated to Metamod:Source. That is, we do not want to waste time helping people configure or install 3rd party plugins - our goal is solely to test the compatibility of new Metamod:Source versions with existing setups.

Requirements:
  • You must be running Metamod:Source and at least one Metamod:Source plugin.
  • You must have an IRC client and be willing to idle the beta testing channel for the duration of the testing period.
  • You must be willing to run beta software and provide helpful feedback if something doesn't work. (Amazingly, we've had past beta testers sign up, then complain that they can't test because they have production setups.)

Details: We are testing changes to Metamod:Source's loading process, both to itself and to plugins, that will increase the usability and ease of installation. These changes mark major breaks in code over two years old and making sure it works on existing setups is our highest priority.

Commenting is disabled on this post. Please follow the directions if you're interested in helping. (Note: Although I idle in IRC, I'm not at my computer ever waking minute. If I don't reply right away, you may have to wait a bit.)

Thanks for your support!

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 12-14-2007 at 10:00.
Closed Thread