Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Valve Blocking Servers now

Post New Thread Reply   

Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 09-20-2015 , 11:16   Re: Valve Blocking Servers now
Reply With Quote #141

There is a very easy way to find out if your server is giving players weapons they shouldn't be having. Valve even knows about it, and its pretty accurate too. So if you keep doing this you will get banned soon anyway. Stop trying to find ways around it and just obey the rules. Seriously...

Last edited by Dr!fter; 09-20-2015 at 11:17.
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 09-20-2015 , 13:02   Re: Valve Blocking Servers now
Reply With Quote #142

loomynarty confirmed
FrostSurf
Old 09-20-2015 , 13:31   Re: Valve Blocking Servers now
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr!fter View Post
There is a very easy way to find out if your server is giving players weapons they shouldn't be having. Valve even knows about it, and its pretty accurate too. So if you keep doing this you will get banned soon anyway. Stop trying to find ways around it and just obey the rules. Seriously...
Nitrous Networks have not removed ALL clients access to the /plugins/ directory and have removed ALL clients ability to make place a .smx file any ware in the server in any directory all because they have had multiple nodes banned for months at a time because people cant follow the fucking rules. If you want to add source mod or any plugins you have to ask staff so they can approve it first. Or in other words i need to change hosts for all 3 servers because people don't list to valves rules. This is what they said exactly.

"For the moment, if you provide us with the names of the files we can get them whitelisted on our uploader.

We've had multiple IPs banned from Steam's server list recently due to the miss use of source mod plugins and people using weapon skin plugins, knife plugins and more which breech CS:GO's EULA and results in the IP address (Not of just the one server but every server on a public address) being banned for a few months. Which also means we then have to change everyones IP on an IP that becomes banned which other customers are not happy about."
Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2015 , 00:53   Re: Valve Blocking Servers now
Reply With Quote #144

This is true. Clients can report inconsistent data easily. Valve doesn't even need a new server type
Old 09-26-2015 , 05:36   Re: Valve Blocking Servers now
Reply With Quote #145

Does anyone know if reporting the servers will do anything?
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 09-26-2015 , 13:36   Re: Valve Blocking Servers now
Reply With Quote #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinheadxtreme View Post
Does anyone know if reporting the servers will do anything?
If Valve should spend time on looking on user-generated reports like that, they wouldn't have time to do anything else.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
skinheadxtreme
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-26-2015 , 17:30   Re: Valve Blocking Servers now
Reply With Quote #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
If Valve should spend time on looking on user-generated reports like that, they wouldn't have time to do anything else.
Ho like I thought its just another thing created by Valve that its useless like I thought
SOBgaming
Old 09-26-2015 , 18:13   Re: Valve Blocking Servers now
Reply With Quote #148

I'd like them to either really crack down on the servers using the weapon skins plugins or to not do it all. It really disadvantages the servers that follow valve's EULA right now since players come in looking for servers with !ws.
Old 09-27-2015 , 07:58   Re: Valve Blocking Servers now
Reply With Quote #149

Agreed. I have plenty of users that come in asking for that and complaining to me that I should put it back on. Some of them even insult me for not just doing it and that I shouldn't care about Valve's new policy. It gets pretty frustrating that others get away with it and here I am being a good little sheep.

Last edited by Maxximou5; 09-27-2015 at 07:59.
skinheadxtreme
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-27-2015 , 11:35   Re: Valve Blocking Servers now
Reply With Quote #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
Agreed. I have plenty of users that come in asking for that and complaining to me that I should put it back on. Some of them even insult me for not just doing it and that I shouldn't care about Valve's new policy. It gets pretty frustrating that others get away with it and here I am being a good little sheep.
Same here