12% 

[TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 07-26-2012 , 11:50   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Also, definitely didn't get beta done yesterday. On the bright side, I took a 12 hour long "nap" after work
Sleep is GOOD! Sleep deprivation is BAD!

Update: I was just saying....been there.....I am constantly "catching up" on my sleep. I stayed up once for 3 days my 1st year of University. Started actually hallucinating that 3rd day.

Last edited by MaloModo; 07-26-2012 at 16:50.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-26-2012 , 12:24   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
Sleep is GOOD! Sleep deprivation is BAD!
Given that I stayed up until 3 hours before I had to get up for work working on the jumping issue the night before, it's not really a surprise that I slept for a long time last night.

Edit: Anyway, the stuff I have finished so far that will appear in the beta are:
  • Rewrite of the end of map voting for next character set; timing still hasn't been adjusted though.
  • Internal code changes to make FF2 use less "magic numbers," such as introducing a new FF2RoundState enum (trust me when I say it's easier to figure out what FF2RoundState_Running is instead of "2").
  • Internal code changes in the KeyValues processing code. It should be a lot more forgiving now as well as using a smarter way to loop.
  • FF2_EmitSoundToAllExcept for subplugins.
  • The new default_abilities file mentioned above, with its ff2_oldjump cvar. Also, ff2_oldjump will have a better description (I don't think I fixed it in the test versions). Oh, and we'll convert the source to use either unix-style or windows-style rather than the mix it uses right now (thanks Pawn Studio for adding new linebreaks as Windows style instead of in the style it was already in!!!)
  • freak_fortress_2.cfg - Each version will likely now include a nicely formatted config file. This is due to subplugins now having their own cvars, which won't appear in the auto-generated freak_fortress_2.cfg file.
  • SDKHooks 2.1 Backstab detection support will be done once, in OnPluginStart.
  • Weapon rebalancing, swiped from Vs. Saxton Hale 1.39c because I'm lazy.
What it won't include, but are still on the roadmap:
  • New ability plugin to main plugin communication.
  • Off-loading weapon replacements to a file.
  • Fixes for bleeding effects (which, having been victim to them recently, are sorely needed).
  • Changes to the way medigun ubercharge is done (starting at 0%, but charging faster).
  • On backstab abilities.
  • Far future: ability for bosses to have a "random" ability, selecting from the pool of available abilities (requires new ability plugin to main plugin communication).

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-26-2012 at 13:04.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-26-2012 , 17:37   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra Starpaw View Post
Hey powerlord what about missing weapons on the bosses, I know that valve brook it for a resin but any way we can bring it back so people can see the weapons again on the bosses ?

The bosses look stupid with them not holding the weapon that is set to them.
As far as I can tell, no.

It may be possible to fix missing weapons on players, but unless we completely throw out the ability for bosses to have customized weapons, there's no easy way to fix those.

On a side note, this is why some boss models have their weapons as part of the boss model themselves. Examples of this are Demopan and... um... the Scout Jester boss whose name I can't remember...
Old 07-26-2012 , 22:49   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

edit: forget it ...

Last edited by KniL; 07-27-2012 at 00:42.
Huntereb
>:) (:<
Old 07-27-2012 , 00:54   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Okay, so I have two new problems.

1. All of my players start with 100 health for some reason. (I searched, and I think this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find the exact post)

2. sv_alltalk isn't working. I keep enabling it, and disabling it. People can always talk to alive players no matter what. The server will be reset in the morning, so if it's just a matter of me not restarting all the way after installing new plugins, it will be fixed tomorrow. I just want to make sure this isn't something else before I wait...

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by Huntereb; 07-27-2012 at 00:58.
nope.avi
Old 07-27-2012 , 07:25   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

The thing with the models with weps on them is tht they were made together in a modelling program (possible 3dsmax12. So we would need possibly a tutorial by ninjaspy's/Demopan's/Gaben's/etc.'s model creator.

Although not noticed, ninjaspy's eyes are checkered (texture error).
But because its behind the glasses no one actually sees it.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-27-2012 , 08:13   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

General update: I'm porting several other changes from Vs. Saxton Hale 1.39 to FF2, but it's taking longer than I anticipated. I underestimated exactly how many changes Flamin' Sarge made between versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntereb View Post
Okay, so I have two new problems.

1. All of my players start with 100 health for some reason. (I searched, and I think this has already been discussed, but I couldn't find the exact post)

2. sv_alltalk isn't working. I keep enabling it, and disabling it. People can always talk to alive players no matter what. The server will be reset in the morning, so if it's just a matter of me not restarting all the way after installing new plugins, it will be fixed tomorrow. I just want to make sure this isn't something else before I wait...

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Are you sure either of these are related to FF2? #1 sounds like an issue with a plugin written for CS:S (where everyone has 100 health) being used for TF2 (where each class has a different amount of health); FF2 only adjusts the health of boss characters.

#2... well, FF2 doesn't actually do anything with sv_alltalk. Having said that, it might be a good idea to check your cfg/config_arena.cfg to make sure sv_alltalk isn't being modified there.

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-27-2012 at 08:14.
Huntereb
>:) (:<
Old 07-27-2012 , 10:09   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Are you sure either of these are related to FF2? #1 sounds like an issue with a plugin written for CS:S (where everyone has 100 health) being used for TF2 (where each class has a different amount of health); FF2 only adjusts the health of boss characters.

#2... well, FF2 doesn't actually do anything with sv_alltalk. Having said that, it might be a good idea to check your cfg/config_arena.cfg to make sure sv_alltalk isn't being modified there.
Well, I fixed the 100 health problem, it was indeed a CSS plugin. Though I wish I could keep the plugin, any way you think I could stop the health being set to 100?

And also, sv_alltalk still isn't working, I looked at the server.cfg's. Everyone can talk to everyone no matter what setting I have it on. I noticed that when I change the command, the server tags don't change. Maybe that could help with coming up with a reason.

Thanks!
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-27-2012 , 10:14   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntereb View Post
Well, I fixed the 100 health problem, it was indeed a CSS plugin. Though I wish I could keep the plugin, any way you think I could stop the health being set to 100?
Easiest way would be to edit the plugin to remove the health modifying code. Assuming you have the plugin source.

(Incidentally, this is why SourcePawn2 is no longer requiring you to compile SMX files.)
Old 07-27-2012 , 10:16   Re: [TF2] Freak Fortress 2

I would like to disable the use of the short circuit and baby face blaster from my server. I tried doing it using the tournament mode and that obviously is not the way to go. I believe that it can be done in another way but I am not sure how to go about it. Can anyone shed some light?

Thank you kindly in advance.
Closed Thread