Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CSS/HL2DM] Vehicle Mod

Post New Thread Reply   

Searcher64
Old 08-12-2010 , 20:06   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #31

If you try to remove the buggie using a scripted remove command (like ent_delete) it will crash the server, I'm not sure about ent_remove though, and I only tested this in L4D2

Last edited by Searcher64; 08-12-2010 at 20:08.
GoldRenamon
Old 08-13-2010 , 15:18   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by blodia View Post
in tf2 does the car make a start sound when you enter? do you get any response from the vehicle at all? try rcarm's script edit and see if it makes any difference.
Yes it does, you can get in the car, you just can't move it at all. I have also tried rcarm's script.
FredJed223
Old 08-13-2010 , 22:48   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #33

I can spawn the car and get in, in TF2. But I cant make it move... Any advice?
Searcher64
Old 08-14-2010 , 07:30   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #34

haha.....I think the guy dropped this already, no reply for days
Elektramode
Old 08-14-2010 , 07:44   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher64 View Post
haha.....I think the guy dropped this already, no reply for days
He replied yesterday saying:

woah, i was expecting so many replies so quickly. sorry but i'm going to be a bit slow on the replies as i managed to get a temp job after being out of work for a while.

i'll try and address all the issues people have mentioned so far.

i forgot not all games have a default bind to +use so yeah you need that bind to enter/exit the vehicle.

the vehicle will spawn in front of the player facing left.

in tf2 does the car make a start sound when you enter? do you get any response from the vehicle at all? try rcarm's script edit and see if it makes any difference.

l4d/l4d2 would require an custom map that is open to make good use of vehicles, also i don't think it would be fair for special infected ai or human.

for steering problems try rcarm's script edit, you can modify most parts of the script to change how the vehicle handles. the orangebox has better vehicle support than hl2 so there are more setting inside the script, i'll look at copying data from the episode 2 vehicle script over to the buggy and see how it goes.

Nail:
the prop i use is a baseclass, in hl2 the vehicles you come across have their own entity derived from this one so most of them won't work without additional code.

same with animations like the ammo box on the jeep, there is custom code that checks what hitbox a player is in when they press use. every custom vehicle will have different animations so there is no universal way to play certain animations. you can use the ent prop "m_nSequence" to change an entities animations but there is no way to know what value corresponds to which animation, you'll have to just use trial and error.

you don't need a virtual offset to make the player visible, use the entprop "m_fEffects" and remove the ef_nodraw flag (32). but there is no point making player visible as they are parented to the vehicle origin in the ragdoll pose (also known as jesus pose or t pose).

Currently this mod only supports 4 wheeled ground vehicles. gmod has custom entities for aircraft. at the moment i'm concentrating on getting 4 wheeled vehicles working then i may add my own method for helicopters/jets but it won't be any time soon and you won't be able to use gmod models as my way will be totally different.
Nail
BANNED
Old 08-14-2010 , 11:46   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #36

You can do working lights
It is necessary to attach to the buggy light_dynamic and make menus for Conclusion lights on and off
If I make a model buggy with the bones and hboxs of a player in the right position - you can attach to them skin player?

Last edited by Nail; 08-14-2010 at 11:50.
blodia
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2010 , 14:32   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #37

servers will only crash if a vehicle is removed with a players still in it, i added some code to remove players from any vehicle before they're destroyed. if you can give me some more info i'll try and fix it.

i do have tf2 but uninstalled it after the scout update as it was unplayable on my old pc. i'll install it again and see if i can get the vehicles working.

nail:
you don't need a separate model for the doors, as i said try "m_nSequence", start at 0 and increment it while watching the vehicle to see which animation plays then note down the values of the animations you want.

i noticed the laggy movement of the vehicles, its seems like valve changed some code, i'm guessing its to do with viewsmoothing, if its client side i'm afraid there's nothing i can do about it.

the problem with working lights is that they would need to be parented to the right spots and the player needs a bind to turn them on/off.

players inside a vehicle are in noblock so there no point putting hitboxes for them in the vehicle. 1 thing that may work (i haven't tested) is to have a player posed in the car as you have done in your screenshot then delete the player model but keep the bones. make sure the bones are named the same as the actual player bones. then when you compile make sure you have bone merge information for all the player bones, that should display the player sitting down when they're parented to the vehicle after you make them visible.

Last edited by blodia; 08-14-2010 at 16:47.
Searcher64
Old 08-14-2010 , 14:48   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #38

Actually, I was in the server by myself. I typed in !remove(custom command) at the buggy and then the server crashed, with an error popping up on srcds.exe crash

Left 4 Dead 2
Nuclear_Suspect
Old 08-14-2010 , 14:55   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #39

Just tried it on a Zombie Master server, spawning went fine, so did the usage of the buggy.

However when leaving the car you'd be stuck and unable to move.
Also if you're in the car at the roundrestart you'll go into limbo (Black screen, empty scoreboard)
And you cant re-use the car, you get locked in position and from your viewpoint you're standing outside the car.

Also this came up in the error logs:
Quote:
L 08/14/2010 - 191:21: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "vehiclemod.smx":
L 08/14/2010 - 191:21: [SM] [0] Line 213, C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\neoakuma\source 2007 dedicated server\cstrike\addons\sourcemod\scripting\veh iclemod.sp::Event_PlayerSpawnPre()
L 08/14/2010 - 191:21: [SM] Native "GetClientTeam" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
and I dont know if this is relevant:
Quote:
L 08/14/2010 - 191:18: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sm_super_cmds.smx":
L 08/14/2010 - 191:18: [SM] [0] Line 103, C:\Documents and Settings\Matt\My Documents\HL2 Coding\SM\scripting\include\commandfilters.in c::ReplyToTargetError()
L 08/14/2010 - 191:18: [SM] [1] Line 776, sm_super_cmds.sp::Command_Exec()
L 08/14/2010 - 191:21: [SM] Native "GetEntPropEnt" reported: Property "m_hVehicle" not found (entity 0/worldspawn)
Other than that it looks promising and quite entertaining.

Some observations:
If the vehicle takes damage, you take damage (Which I think is hilarious and awesome).
blodia
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2010 , 16:13   Re: [ANY] Vehicle Mod
Reply With Quote #40

Searcher64 how does your custom remove command remove entities.

Nuclear_Suspect i had only added virtual offsets for valve games inside the vehiclemod.games gamedata file. seems like the offsets are the same as hl2dm. copy/paste the hl2dm section in that file and change the name to "zombie_master". i'll add it to the file myself for the next update. also i don't see why you're getting index as 0 as the worldspawn shouldn't trigger the player spawn event.

if anyone is trying this on a non valve game then let me know if you need offsets added to enable the exit of vehicles.

also i just tried tf2 i couldn't get into the vehicle at all, even with the use bind. GoldRenamon/FredJed223 did you do any thing else to get in?

also kossolax pmed me to tell me the bug from episode 1 where the vehicle controls all players view for a gameframe as some one enters a vehicle is still present in the oraange box (or atleast css anyway). is anyone else having the same problem?

Last edited by blodia; 08-14-2010 at 16:22.