Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

FF2 Freak Fortress 2: List - show your bosses on a web page! [NO WEBSERVER REQUIRED]

Post New Thread Reply   

NoloZero01
Old 11-07-2022 , 16:20   Freak Fortress 2: List - show your bosses on a web page! [NO WEBSERVER REQUIRED]
Reply With Quote #1

Freak Fortress 2: List
A SourceMod plugin designed to neatly list all currently active Freak Fortress 2 bosses and some of their config data (descriptions, health, themes, and more) in a browser.

LIVE EXAMPLE | GitHub

Dependencies:
  1. Conplex and Webcon by asherkin
  2. Freak Fortress 2 (only at runtime to detect whether it's FF2 Legacy or Rewrite)
  3. Rest In Pawn

Installation:
  1. Grab the attached archive (plugin compiled against 1.10.6445) or download and compile the plugin off GitHub.
  2. Move the files to their respective directories.
  3. Load the plugin or trigger a map change.

Usage:
Once the plugin loads, you will be able to visit your server's IP address in the browser. Please note that you must specify your gameserver port as well. Example: 192.168.1.101:27015.

The front-end is designed to be adaptive for both desktop and mobile use.

Custom boss images:
This plugin ships with a placeholder image that takes place of actual boss images. If you'd like to provide your own, simply upload them to /configs/web/bosses/images in the .png format.

Refer to the placeholder image for proper dimensions to avoid size differences. Make sure that every image has the name of it's respective boss' config file (for example, hhh_hale.cfg -> hhh_hale.png).

Hosting web files remotely:

If you'd like to host the web front-end somewhere else (like a FastDownloads web server), please do the following:
  • Move the contents of the "bosses" folder on your game server to your desired location on the web server. Make sure to not forget about images as well.
  • Change the ff2list_enable_web ConVar to 0. Save that ConVar in server.cfg.
  • Manually replace "SERVERIP" with the IP and port of your game server inside loader.js.

Credits:
  1. Naydef for FAQ-like assistance and inspiration.
  2. MadeInQuick for creating the placeholder image.
  3. NecGaming for being my personal sandbox.
  4. Respective authors of the code pieces I borrowed (50DKP team of Official Freak Fortress, ...).

Versions:
  • 1.0: Initial release
  • 2.0: Support for Freak Fortress Rewrite, Boss-Packs, general code improvements
  • 2.0 Hotfix: Support for boss configs placed in sub-directories of configs/freak_fortress_2/, proper 403 Forbidden reponse when web serving is off

Attached Files
File Type: zip Freak Fortress List.zip (253.6 KB, 45 views)

Last edited by NoloZero01; 03-18-2023 at 16:05. Reason: 2.0 Hotfix
Kolaxie
Old 11-07-2022 , 22:39   Re: Freak Fortress 2: List - show your bosses on a web page! [NO WEBSERVER REQUIRED]
Reply With Quote #2

This is awesome, probably one of the best thing possible to let people get access to the content available at any time

"Don't worry, it will obviously work first try. Trust me" -Famous Last Words

(Suck at Source SP smh)
Hoto Cocoa
Old 11-08-2022 , 11:00   Re: Freak Fortress 2: List - show your bosses on a web page! [NO WEBSERVER REQUIRED]
Reply With Quote #3

Cool
Old 11-22-2022 , 07:07   Re: Freak Fortress 2: List - show your bosses on a web page! [NO WEBSERVER REQUIRED]
Reply With Quote #4

I like the concept of this, I've added it to Obamaworld FF2. I've noticed it only shows info for the currently active boss pack, however.

http://45.121.209.68:27500/bosses/

Click on the banner to explore my servers and more
Send a message via ICQ to Transit Of Venus Send a message via Skype™ to Transit Of Venus
Frixu
Old 11-23-2022 , 12:04   Re: Freak Fortress 2: List - show your bosses on a web page! [NO WEBSERVER REQUIRED]
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoloZero01 View Post
Freak Fortress 2: List
A SourceMod plugin designed to neatly list all currently active Freak Fortress 2 bosses and some of their config data (descriptions, health, themes, and more) in a browser.

LIVE EXAMPLE | GitHub

Dependencies:
  1. Conplex and Webcon by asherkin
  2. Freak Fortress 2 (namely the FF2_OnLoadCharacterSet forward)
  3. Rest In Pawn

Installation:
  1. Grab the attached archive (plugin compiled against 1.10.6445) or download and compile the plugin off GitHub.
  2. Move the files to their respective directories.
  3. Load the plugin or trigger a map change.

Usage:
Once the plugin loads, you will be able to visit your server's IP address in the browser. Please note that you must specify your gameserver port as well. Example: 192.168.1.101:27015.

The front-end is designed to be adaptive for both desktop and mobile use.

Custom boss images:
This plugin ships with a placeholder image that takes place of actual boss images. If you'd like to provide your own, simply upload them to /configs/web/bosses/images in the .png format.

Refer to the placeholder image for proper dimensions to avoid size differences. Make sure that every image has the name of it's respective boss' config file (for example, hhh_hale.cfg -> hhh_hale.png).

Credits:
  1. Naydef for FAQ-like assistance and inspiration.
  2. MadeInQuick for creating the placeholder image.
  3. NecGaming for being my personal sandbox.
  4. Respective authors of the code pieces I borrowed (50DKP team of Official Freak Fortress, ...).

Does this work on ff2r because I uploaded it and it doesn't show my bosses.
http://51.83.217.86:25009/bosses/

Last edited by Frixu; 11-23-2022 at 12:06. Reason: yes
NoloZero01
Old 11-25-2022 , 02:33   Re: Freak Fortress 2: List - show your bosses on a web page! [NO WEBSERVER REQUIRED]
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transit Of Venus View Post
I like the concept of this, I've added it to Obamaworld FF2. I've noticed it only shows info for the currently active boss pack, however.

http://45.121.209.68:27500/bosses/
Its not hard to make it display all available charsets, Ill add this to my QoL list of stuff to do
NoloZero01
Old 11-25-2022 , 02:36   Re: Freak Fortress 2: List - show your bosses on a web page! [NO WEBSERVER REQUIRED]
Reply With Quote #7

Originally not intended for Freak Fortress 2 Rewrite - places where I am have no thoughts about FF2R whatsoever. To be honest, I don't even know how the config looks. Though pretty sure it's a quick fix, I'll take a look. Will probably add automatic version detection to use proper KV traverse logic/ and FF2 natives
NoloZero01
Old 11-25-2022 , 13:46   Re: Freak Fortress 2: List - show your bosses on a web page! [NO WEBSERVER REQUIRED]
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frixu View Post
Does this work on ff2r because I uploaded it and it doesn't show my bosses.
http://51.83.217.86:25009/bosses/

Could you please post your errors log if there is one? Pretty sure at least some data is supposed to be available even in FF2R.
Also if it's possible, could you bring the plugin back up? I'd like to take a look myself
Frixu
Old 11-25-2022 , 15:57   Re: Freak Fortress 2: List - show your bosses on a web page! [NO WEBSERVER REQUIRED]
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoloZero01 View Post
Could you please post your errors log if there is one? Pretty sure at least some data is supposed to be available even in FF2R.
Also if it's possible, could you bring the plugin back up? I'd like to take a look myself
L 11/25/2022 - 21:54:52: [SM] Exception reported: Failed to open "avatar.png" (error 2)
L 11/25/2022 - 21:54:52: [SM] Blaming: webcon.smx
L 11/25/2022 - 21:54:52: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 11/25/2022 - 21:54:52: [SM] [0] WebFileResponse.WebFileResponse
L 11/25/2022 - 21:54:52: [SM] [1] Line 27,
L 11/25/2022 - 21:54:52: [SM] Unable to load plugin "webcon.smx": Error detected in plugin startup (see error logs)

try now to check out http://51.83.217.86:25009/bosses/
NoloZero01
Old 11-25-2022 , 16:15   Re: Freak Fortress 2: List - show your bosses on a web page! [NO WEBSERVER REQUIRED]
Reply With Quote #10

You don't need webcon.smx, it's an example plugin that serves no purpose for you.

As for the boss list, interesting - http://51.83.217.86:25009/bosses/query returns no bosses.
From what I can tell, FF2R's characters.cfg structure changed a bit, instead of individual entries being their own sub-sections (as {} implied for non-Rewrite versions), they are just Keys with empty values. Let me get a quick fix in place, Ill make a new branch on GitHub for it.

Ill add it into master as proper Rewrite support with some other QoL things when I get to it (maybe this weekend dunno)