Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost

Post New Thread Reply   

luciaus18
Old 01-07-2015 , 05:45   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #11

atobel yea is so easy to make it i think, but i dont know how..
SkumTomteN
Veteran Member
Old 01-07-2015 , 06:16   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #12

Its not his code as i thought first,

Those nade names was dias private nades he made for me though, so i thought they were stolen somehow.

Mistake:d, just stolen names
vedant007
Old 01-07-2015 , 06:38   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by atobel View Post
[CENTER]Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
The plugin & idea is nice & interesting but can u please decribe the plugin well ?

Last edited by vedant007; 01-07-2015 at 06:39.
Send a message via Skype™ to vedant007
atobel
Old 01-07-2015 , 10:16   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedant007 View Post
The plugin & idea is nice & interesting but can u please decribe the plugin well ?
just see the video
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-07-2015 , 10:49   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #15

This can be done in a better way by hooking directly the explosion with orpheu/okapi.

PHP Code:
new g_Ham_Bot

if(!g_Ham_Bot 
Since you create it every time this part of the if check will be always true. Also, why g since it's not a global variable ?
Also no point in using fakemeta_util, you can do that with fun/fakemeta/engine modules.

I didn't read your code fully but there are a couple of imporvements. The best thing you can do is as I said to use orpheu for hooking explosion funcs.
Old 01-08-2015 , 06:35   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
This can be done in a better way by hooking directly the explosion with orpheu/okapi.
If it can be done without it, then it's completly fine. Orpheu only should be used when default amxx modules can't do it or if amxx modules requires much more cpu than orpheu. This is a public plugin, it doesn't matters if orpheu is better. The objective of this forum is to user be satisfied. 90% of users doesnt knows how to install orpheu. 99% doesn't knows how to make plugins using orpheu. Orpheu version would be cool, as an alternative version for the ones who know how to use it. Don't forget the main objective of the forum, it doesnt matters if orpheu is better if 90% of the users will not use it.
Old 01-08-2015 , 09:31   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #17

how replace flashbang for this plugin ?
Old 01-08-2015 , 11:36   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #18

Ok, don't trust me, trust Arkshine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
This is not a matter to feel or not, but what is the appropriate method to use considering the existing tool, generated code (efficiency, reliability, readability, etc.) and keeping custom mod in mind. Using orpheu is just the best way.
Old 01-08-2015 , 11:52   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Ok, don't trust me, trust Arkshine.
With all respect to arkshine, this seems a bit because he is one of the developers of orpheu.
If allied modders objective isn't to help people but to use just the best way, then i think this is going wrong. Also, look what connormcleod said before him. As far as i remember, connor was also an approver like arkshine and the difference between their knowledge isn't that huge difference.
I said an orpheu version would be good, for people who want/know how to use it.
But if this plugin can be efficient without orpheu, then it must not required, that's my point. You look like robots saying orpheu orpheu orpheu. Once for all, stop thinking about orpheu and start thinking about users. And i believe the others members of allied modders "core", as bailopan named it, agree with me. Just because you know how to use orpheu, the others aren't forced to know or have to go learn. If so, it would be included by default in amxx modules. And people would still not be forced to know about it...

Edit: I wasn't meaning to be rude, if you want blank/delete my posts. But this orpheu story is really stupid. There are a lot of plugins approved that could be using orpheu, gonna unnaprove all of them until they change to orpheu? I don't think so cuz they are fine enough with efficience and users like them.

Last edited by Jhob94; 01-08-2015 at 12:43.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-08-2015 , 13:01   Re: Behemoth Grenade & Avalanche Frost
Reply With Quote #20

Do you have a specific reason why you arguing about orpheu everytime ? Or do you have a problem with me ? Then say it. Also, I see no reason to be rude when you can just talk about the subject, but this is not first time when you do that and it's becoming annoing, think about that.

I'm not going to say more, just that installing orpheu is the same as with any other module + some configs file into configs dir. If it's about signatures then coyping a file into a folder as it's written in installation instrunction won't hurt, just a matter to read them.

Why he would use silly methods like hooking think, an explosion sound that can be changed or checking when the owner is 0 and so on when no one of this can be compared with a direct functino hook ? I think you don't properly understand all the advantages that modules like orpheu/okapi can give you, or maybe I'm wrong.
Anyway, if the difference is trivial sure that is doesn't matter, but here is not the case.

I'm not going to reply again here, do whatever you want.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 01-08-2015 at 13:02.