Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

FF2 p0008874's Bosses [Update hale:Wankers]

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

p0008874
Old 07-21-2015 , 02:55   Re: p0008874's Bosses (all way update)

Fixed Gundam Exia have doudle Sentry stun
Haxray
Old 07-21-2015 , 12:07   Re: p0008874's Bosses (all way update)

P0, I highly doubt you got permission for cirno(from touhou fortress). Gundam I can't be sure of, but I doubt you're the one who made it.
Old 07-21-2015 , 23:20   Re: p0008874's Bosses (all way update)

Fixed Cirno and Gundam Exia forgot description ending quotation
p0008874
Old 07-22-2015 , 00:12   Re: p0008874's Bosses (all way update)

add boss:
Muselk [Beta 1]

Change Ability:Super jump
Rage Ability:Stun+Overlay
Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6j2dkjzfv...uselk.zip?dl=1
p0008874
Old 07-22-2015 , 07:41   Re: p0008874's Bosses (all way update)

Add edited boss
Bread Spy

Charge Ability:Teleport
Rage Ability:Not edited versoin have original ability

What edited:
all sound change to mp3
add intromusic outtromusic
add fail sound
Download:https://www.dropbox.com/s/v5s9rll5w2...dited.zip?dl=1
p0008874
Old 07-22-2015 , 08:05   Re: p0008874's Bosses (all way update)

add dynamic_stunsg for bread spy
Haxray
Old 07-22-2015 , 12:51   Re: p0008874's Bosses (all way update)

I thought I would never have to do this again(I stopped after m7 since it logged me out mid-way through writing it and I forgot half the things I said, causing it to be horrible), but... time for Haxray brand Reviews(to clarify, this is opinion based. I rate bosses on how balanced they are, how creative, and if possible, the custom sub-plugin. I also take in possibilities of model or hale being stolen/copied from someone else, as well as its overall quality).

Panzer Tank:
Well, this... was a disappointment. This model was one of the more interesting ones friggram ever made, and surprised that no one really used it, outside of the original one made for Hampshire heavies. I'm not sure how they handled theirs, but im assuming its not like this.

Ill go through the abilities first, concentrating on balance and creativity. First off, it seems to be lacking both, to be brutally honest. Its pretty much seeman with a tank model and the ability to teleport. Seeman was already questionable enough as a duo, being able to hold his own just fine when solo. Adding teleport not only increases problems(He can teleport plus explode), but doesn't really fit a tank for obvious reasons. Who ever heard of a tank teleporting?

The only real creative thing is being immune to backstabs, but that just adds a whole new layer of problems on its own. Its a crazy buff to seeman to be immune to spies. It also renders spies completely useless, and if you weren't aware of him being immune to backstabs, you're not going to have a very fun time.

Review:
Model: na/10(you weren't the original creator, so this is not counted in the review.)

Creativity: 4/10(Is a modified version of seeman's config. At least its not a complete copypaste)

Balance: 1/10(Is seeman with unneeded buffs.)

Total Rating: 2.5/10

Suggestions: First time im doing this in a review, and honestly shoulda been something I did as soon as I started this sorta thing. As the name of the section says, its suggestions on how to improve the hale.

The best way to improve this hale is to completely and utter revamp his abilities completely. Now, the following MIGHT be what Hampshire Heavies already have(I only went on their server once, and never got to see the panzer tank on there), but it seems like it would turn out a lot better than this teleporting, backstab immune seeman clone.

I suggest making it so his basic weapon is a weak-average SMG. You don't want it 1 or even 5 shotting people. This is to make his playstyle different than a lot of other hales, as you don't see many try to venture out from using a melee weapon for its basic means of attack. It also simulates the anti-personal machine gun most tanks have mounted in the front.

Upon rage, the hale can get a Rocket Launcher. It could be a normal stock one in terms of damage, or it could be different, I leave that up to you. This of course is made to simulate the tank actually firing its cannon at the Mercs, making for a much cooler rage than a simple explosion around him.

It might also be a good idea to remove all kinda 'movement' abilities(Super jump, teleport, etc) from this hale. The tank looks awkward doing any of them, and with ranged weapons will never need them except if the hale ends up falling into a pit. Which is also why I suggest giving him a massive or complete immunity to knockback. It fits the whole theme of being a tank, and solves the problem of no movement skills.

Also, remove the immunity to backstabs, even if it does fit. It makes it completely unfun and unfair to every single spy on the normal team.

Glitched Payload:
Since this one is made a bit... weirdly, with 3 verisons, ill give two separate reviews split into 3 sections. The first is about what they all share(the model), and the other 2 are about the first verison and the second and third ones.

Model:
Well... its an... interesting hale, to say the least. I never expected to go and see someone use a payload cart for a boss. Full props for that, that IS creative. However, it does completely lack animations. This is not usually a problem, but ill bring it up neither the less. Of course, this does mean its not the best model ever, meaning it relies mostly on the actual abilities to judge its worth.

Rating for Model(Will be shared for both separate reviews): 5/10

1st version:
There really isn't much to say here, except that this hale is literally a carbon copy of Seeman. Same explosion, same super jump. This is even more of a clone than the panzer tank, and doesn't even have anything special or changed about it. This leaves the only creative part about it the model... which isn't a good thing in the slightest.

Creativity: 2/10(Seeman's exact config, only with a different model and name)
Balance: Na/10(Same as stock seeman)

Total Rating: 3.5/10(Only got higher than panzer since the model rating was included in the review)

2nd and 3rd versions:
Well, now it is seeman with a weapon granted on rage, so at least its a slightly bit more creative than the former. It also uses two rarely seen weapons, flamethrowers and sniper rifles. However, due to a bug, I can't actually see if the weapons work properly ingame. I know clipless weapons can cause a lot of issues. What I can say is that even with these weapons, the boss is still just a boring seeman clone with an added unnecessary buff.

Creativity: 3/10(Seeman with an added weapon, even if the weapons are rarely used)

Balance: 1/10(Seeman with a buff)

Total Rating: 2.3/10

Suggestions:
I really suggest removing the first version from the downloads completely, and instead focusing on improving the other two. Prefer if you removed all but one, but that is up to you of course(as is following any of these suggestions or ratings).

As for actual ideas, I tried hard to think of some and this is the best I could think of. Make it so his rage is just the weapon you plan to give him(a flamethrower or a sniper rifle), and give him two lives. At the end of one life, make the explosion rage happen. This way he is at least different enough from seeman to not count as a boring clone of him. Other than for this, however... I just can't think of much. The idea for the hale itself is just too... odd for me to really work with.

Cirno:
I will not bother reviewing this hale, as im pretty sure the model was used without permission from touhou fortress. If it turns out I am mistaken, ill come back and do a proper review. Until then, Im just leaving this here.

Gundam Exia:
While im uncertain if you got permission to use this hale's model or not, it is more unclear than with Cirno, so I will still give it a fair review, but still leaving out a model rating simply due to being worried about its original source.

However, despite all that, this hale is rather...boring, honestly. Its pretty much a cluster of the three most overused stock abilities(stun, uber, and matrix attack/timewarp) all put into one rage. Its just boring and doesn't really interest anyone. Plus comes insane balance issues as this hale is up there with some of waka's hales in terms of broken overpoweredness(unless he finally fixed the speed issues). This is just, to put it bluntly, complete garbage right now. Not to hurt your feelings or anything, but it is the truth.

Review:
Model: Na/10(not sure about source)
Creativity: 2/10(while this is the first time I seen a gundam, the abilities themselves are far from original or in the least bit creative.)

Balance: 0.5/10(One of the MOST broken hales I have ever seen posted onto these forums.)

Total Score: 1.75/10

Suggestions: I can't actually GIVE any suggestions due to not actually being able to think of any. I never watched the anime this guy is from, the only thing I actually know about these things is that they're piloted robots.

Muselk: I didn't want to actually go through the overly complicated install(there is MUCH easier ways to do this, without completely removing Bob's original textures from existence), but ill still just give my quick review on the config itself(using another model for ingame)

He is a boring clone of every single stun-overlay hales. I don't know who started the trend, all I know is that it is much too common. It is probally the 4th most overused ability(Overlay) and for no real good reason. Unless you mean this as some kinda statement about the quality of Muselk's videos(everyone's entitled to their own opinions), it could really use a revamp. However... ill explain in more details in the suggestions section.

Model: 0/10(a complete failure, relies on removing another model from existence simply to work)
Creativity: 1/10(ever played a stun overlay hale before? Well, here it is again. Seen one, seen them all)

Balance: Na/10(No one really LIKES overlay hales, far as I can tell, but incase of being bias, I won't give my review on them in general)

Total rating: 0.5/10

Suggestions:
I DO got a seemingly good idea for him, the problem is I doubt you would be able to actually make this. This might require an actual custom subplugin for its effects. Since Muslek is mainly known for his Market Gardening skills, an interesting idea would be to actually give him a market gardener that actually acts like a market gardener, aka crits on mid-air. I'm not sure if it will actually count super jump for it, but if it does then you're fine. For rage, maybe an air-strike that actually acts like a straight up normal airstrike(fires faster in midair, etc) to go with the whole mid-air combat theme.

I won't give a review for Bread Spy as he is just a sound change of an existing hale, and Wankers because I don't have time right now, and since he is just a remake of an existing hale ill put him off for a bit.
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2015 , 14:01   Re: p0008874's Bosses (all way update)

Why assess bosses? Some guy, who downloaded boss, can change something, i think you only wasting time
Haxray
Old 07-22-2015 , 14:03   Re: p0008874's Bosses (all way update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian_ View Post
Why assess bosses? Some guy, who downloaded boss, can change something, i think you only wasting time

Maybe I am, but im trying to give feedback so he can make a boss that you DON'T have to change. If your downloading a boss with the intent to just completely change it anyway, you might as well just have a link to the model.
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2015 , 14:45   Re: p0008874's Bosses (all way update)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haxray View Post
... so he can make a boss that you DON'T have to change.
This community, mate, i can change anything boss if i want, just downloaded from this forum
Closed Thread