12% 

[TF2] Player Ranks

Post New Thread Reply   

Aderic
Old 01-20-2014 , 12:27   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddii View Post
The website display relies on PHP GMP. My host is unable to provide support for it, so it is not available.

Would it be possible for you to provide a different method for those who do not have it available?
I'm not sure if there is an alternative to GMP. GMP is the only thing I will support.

If you have to do without it, you may have to disable the steam community features, meaning you can still have a list of names and scores on the rank page, but the score details page cannot display their Steam community related features such as avatar, current name, and profile status. I don't think this is really much of a loss.
Old 01-20-2014 , 12:58   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
When I was looking up the error on a search engine I ended up stumbling upon this:
MagentoCustomizePriceFilter

It is an author who implemented a different method for those who do not have that extension available. Perhaps that could be of help to you.
I am not supporting workarounds for GMP.
Old 01-21-2014 , 10:25   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
I am trying to find a website host that supports PHP GMP, but I can not find any considering it is not standard and requires recompilation of PHP with the --with-gmp flag.
If you run your own VPS (you can get them extremely cheap) then you can control all of that stuff. From installing Apache/PHP to completely running your own gameserver.
Old 02-14-2014 , 00:00   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #94

Could you add an option to disable the Database sync? Its making my servers lagg every so often (Seems like an interval, ~40s)

Thanks
Old 02-14-2014 , 10:48   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Data View Post
Could you add an option to disable the Database sync? Its making my servers lagg every so often (Seems like an interval, ~40s)

Thanks
Have you looked elsewhere to see where the lag lies?

This plugin is fully and completely threaded, you should receive absolutely no lag whatsoever, there is a CVAR that you can edit to change the update interval, but not only does it perform a quick save but it also reloads the top 25 listing. The queries aren't complex at all and should not be causing that.
Old 02-15-2014 , 00:56   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #96

Well when the plugin is unloaded the server runs fine. The second i load it, the lag spikes are back. So it has to be the plugin.
Old 02-15-2014 , 01:22   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Well when the plugin is unloaded the server runs fine. The second i load it, the lag spikes are back. So it has to be the plugin.
I don't think that this points to the plugin at all. How many other plugins do you have loaded? Are you using MySQL or SQLite? What are the specs of your server?

I'm paying $19 semi-annually for a VPS; a 2GB Linux box that runs MySQL, SRCDS, and Apache, nothing special. I have absolutely no lag with this plugin. It shouldn't even be CPU intensive.

A list of plugins you are running as well as your SourceMod and MetaMod versions might provide some insight into the cause, alternatively you might try unloading different plugins to narrow down our possibilities.

Last edited by Aderic; 02-15-2014 at 01:24.
DJ Data
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-15-2014 , 05:07   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #98

Im not even using the MYSQL part of it. And my server pc specs are good enough. I own a whole dedicated computer sitting in a datacenter. So that shouldnt be an issue.

I have over 50 plugins, and there is room for many more. The lag started as i installed/ran this plugin.
Is there no way to turn off the MYSQL sync and let it only count the points serverside(local server pc).

Off topic: Whats the VPS service you use called?
Old 02-15-2014 , 07:55   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #99

Quote:
Im not even using the MYSQL part of it. And my server pc specs are good enough. I own a whole dedicated computer sitting in a datacenter. So that shouldnt be an issue.

I have over 50 plugins, and there is room for many more. The lag started as i installed/ran this plugin.
Is there no way to turn off the MYSQL sync and let it only count the points serverside(local server pc).

Off topic: Whats the VPS service you use called?
I can't help you identify your lag problem. You seem to be adamant, straight up blaming this plugin for your lag issues. I don't think VPS services are too off topic, UGVPS is my VPS provider. They sucked for the first few months that I used their service.
Old 02-15-2014 , 13:15   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #100

Well if you call verifying; denying then i dont know what sense is anymore.
Instead of denying it, maybe you could help?

It creates short lag spikes on an interval (you claimed this would be the refresh rate). Is it laggy cuz its not finding a database to connect to?