Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[Tf2] Randomly force a player to medic?

Post New Thread Reply   

Ponco
Old 11-10-2012 , 03:14   Re: [Tf2] Randomly force a player to medic?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylaidwanderer View Post
Let me know what you think of my plugin I can try to add additional features if requested, but for now I'm gonna try to figure out how to add admin immunity to it.

And oh yes, please let me know if you want to target just your team or everyone.
I definitely will, as soon as I can get on my PC (not on my comp atm).

As for the additional features, it wasn't admin immunity, it was player immunity - so maybe new players who never have played med before don't burden the team by getting it (as decided by the admin ). But if it's not too hard to add a flag in admins_simple.ini then that'd be even better.

Last edited by Ponco; 11-10-2012 at 03:14.
waylaidwanderer
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-10-2012 , 16:13   Re: [Tf2] Randomly force a player to medic?
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano2e View Post
in my random medic system when ever a client is chosen i whitelist them (write them to a file) and when the random call is picked if it finds there steamid in the medic whtelist file it will choose another one, my problem is that it doesnt always work

do you think you could add a proper whitelist option, would be nice to play pugs were medics arnt chosen twice
I could probably add an option to blacklist a player from being chosen if they were already picked n-times ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponco View Post
I definitely will, as soon as I can get on my PC (not on my comp atm).

As for the additional features, it wasn't admin immunity, it was player immunity - so maybe new players who never have played med before don't burden the team by getting it (as decided by the admin ). But if it's not too hard to add a flag in admins_simple.ini then that'd be even better.
Ah I see. Then I suppose I'll just remove the part with admin immunity then, and try to add that feature. Not sure how to go about it though...
What do you mean by adding a flag in admins_simple.ini?
Ponco
Old 11-11-2012 , 01:26   Re: [Tf2] Randomly force a player to medic?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
I could probably add an option to blacklist a player from being chosen if they were already picked n-times ago.

Ah I see. Then I suppose I'll just remove the part with admin immunity then, and try to add that feature. Not sure how to go about it though...
What do you mean by adding a flag in admins_simple.ini?
Testing now.

But what I meant was that...I could have like:

"steamidxx" "z X"

where X = immune to being picked by the plugin.
waylaidwanderer
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-11-2012 , 02:52   Re: [Tf2] Randomly force a player to medic?
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Testing now.

But what I meant was that...I could have like:

"steamidxx" "z X"

where X = immune to being picked by the plugin.
Ah I see. So just admin immunity stuff then.

Also you'll want to get my update plugin here if you can - the old one I uploaded doesn't do anything when you change the "sm_pickmedic_enabled" cvar.

Last edited by waylaidwanderer; 11-11-2012 at 02:53.
Ponco
Old 11-15-2012 , 00:56   Re: [Tf2] Randomly force a player to medic?
Reply With Quote #15

Ok, I've tried a few things. I just simply can't get it to work - what am I doing wrong?

(I mean SM works fine etc, just when I click sm_pickmedic when i'm the only person + bots in a server, it does nothing?)
waylaidwanderer
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-15-2012 , 14:09   Re: [Tf2] Randomly force a player to medic?
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Ok, I've tried a few things. I just simply can't get it to work - what am I doing wrong?

(I mean SM works fine etc, just when I click sm_pickmedic when i'm the only person + bots in a server, it does nothing?)
That's weird, because I tested it solely with bots. Make sure you're either using "sm_pickmedic" in the developer's console (not chat), or using !pickmedic or /pickmedic in chat, not the console.
Ponco
Old 11-15-2012 , 21:14   Re: [Tf2] Randomly force a player to medic?
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
That's weird, because I tested it solely with bots. Make sure you're either using "sm_pickmedic" in the developer's console (not chat), or using !pickmedic or /pickmedic in chat, not the console.
Yeah nothign happens at all, is there a way to enable debug mode or something?
waylaidwanderer
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-15-2012 , 22:14   Re: [Tf2] Randomly force a player to medic?
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Yeah nothign happens at all, is there a way to enable debug mode or something?
Not really. All I can advise you is to make sure sm_pickmedic_enabled is set to 1, and that you've reloaded the map after you uploaded my plugin.

There are two possible outcomes if you type !pickmedic into chat (for example). One is that it'll turn one of the bots (or you) into a medic and it will say "Set class of [name] to medic.", and the other is that it'll tell you "There was an error of some sort!". If you're getting neither of those results, then you must be doing something wrong...

EDIT: Nevermind, I take that back. I found something wrong with the code and I'm fixing it now. My apologies.

Edit the second: Fixed it. Please refer to my thread and direct all related comments there. Thanks

Last edited by waylaidwanderer; 11-15-2012 at 23:44.