Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

FF2 Nope.avi's bosses 404

Post New Thread Reply   

friagram
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2012 , 01:21   Re: Nope.avi's Halloween Bosses (updated frequently) Need CFG writers! :3
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntereb View Post
Do a Demoman weapon like the eyelander and just add the model of the Halfzatoichi to the Boss's model. It might not have the right kill icon, but it will look close enough.
If you want accurate kill icons, use sdkhooks to hook takedamage by hale's weapon or death/team, and on death change the strings / weapon type to whatever you want it to say / be.. put this in like myboss_abilities.ff2 and give him that aiblity
Darthmule
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-17-2012 , 04:33   Re: Nope.avi's Halloween Bosses (updated frequently) Need CFG writers! :3
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Stun/new weapon sound good? I can give him a rocket launcher as his rage.
why would you give sun'tzu a rocket launcher?
Huntereb
>:) (:<
Old 10-17-2012 , 08:58   Re: Nope.avi's Halloween Bosses (updated frequently) Need CFG writers! :3
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthmule View Post
why would you give sun'tzu a rocket launcher?
I've never learned about this "San'tzu" and his weird sounding name, all I know is that apparently he invented war (Solider taught me that). What is your suggestion?
lamasniu
Old 10-17-2012 , 14:17   Re: Nope.avi's Halloween Bosses (updated frequently) Need CFG writers! :3
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
I've never learned about this "San'tzu" and his weird sounding name, all I know is that apparently he invented war (Solider taught me that). What is your suggestion?
I giggled. Google is your friend.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sun+tzu

Last edited by lamasniu; 10-17-2012 at 14:17.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-17-2012 , 14:29   Re: Nope.avi's Halloween Bosses (updated frequently) Need CFG writers! :3
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Sun Tzu is famous for the book he wrote named The Art of War. This book was written around 2,500 years ago.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-17-2012 at 14:30.
nope.avi
Old 10-18-2012 , 05:34   Re: Nope.avi's Halloween Bosses (updated frequently) Need CFG writers! :3
Reply With Quote #26

So has anyone thought of any ideas for him? Maybe just a standard scream, except that he has more health?
Because basically it would just be another saxton hale.
Huntereb
Old 10-18-2012 , 08:47   Re: Nope.avi's Halloween Bosses (updated frequently) Need CFG writers! :3
Reply With Quote #27

Seems kinda boring though, we need a unique ability. Maybe he can take out a book and start writing! Heads will roll...
EP_
Old 10-18-2012 , 14:04   Re: Nope.avi's Halloween Bosses (updated frequently) Need CFG writers! :3
Reply With Quote #28

Adding my two cents on Sun Tzu here (finally going back to FF2 boss dev in full force).

Considering what seems to be a recent influx of reskins as of late, I'd greatly encourage some mechanism for the boss to be unique from a gameplay perspective.

A standard rage and a rocket launcher? ...that's a bit on the boring side, IMO.
It is possible to place in a few gimmicks without the need for custom plugins by playing around with the boss' loadout (eg. Koishi's Dead Ringer, Rocket's rocket launcher). Play around with those and weapon attributes!

Soldier Tzu would probably be a better reference - there are a few vids on YT of him. Sun Tzu is awesome (and so is the Art of War), but having a general and author fighting on the front doesn't make much sense now, does it?

-

Anyways, I guess I'll add how I see this boss to play out, since I had plans to make a Soldier Tzu boss myself. (no CFG code here; that would make development too easy >:V)

Soldier/Sun Tzu would utilise a Zatoichi and maybe the Cleaver in play. However, the former would probably have to be modified so that whatever attribute has the instant-kill effect would be removed (most likely the "honorbound" one). Latter modifications...I'd give it enhanced damage (70-100HP on hit - 2x vs. buildings), a longer recharge time (to prevent dependency), and no crits.
The modified Zato comes with a 35% slower swing speed but also delivers 20% more damage and deals damage to surrounding foes on hit (Heater ring effect, explosive decapitations, etc. - experiment with this). Additionally he gets a 15% speed boost when this weapon is active, to chase down players. To compensate for this he takes much more damage from melee sources when this is active.

Cleaver would instead be suited for quick ambushes and to finish off enemies.

For his Rage, I'm not too sure really. The ideas I do have all require writing SourcePawn plugins.

STG final bosses at work here.
No deathbombing or bullet-cancelling allowed

Last edited by EP_; 10-18-2012 at 14:16. Reason: Original idea for Tzu felt too much like Koishi so I re-did it
nope.avi
Old 10-19-2012 , 09:09   Re: Nope.avi's Halloween Bosses (updated frequently) Need CFG writers! :3
Reply With Quote #29

I dont mind if you wrote me a cfg! The half-zatoichi has some issues with its instant kill other half-zatoichi users. Also, I wonder if anyone would be making a kill icon changer. I would make a new boss (Bionic assassination). And change all kills to head shots or backstabs. And yes I would most likely call him Soldier Tzu. I have a theme already. Still pretty mystified... What rage?
Maybe a damage less new wep that gives him health regeneration and slow speed. As if he was strategizing.
I kinda know a little about suntzu, being Asian.

Maybe I'll do rage_gentlemen (players in boss radius switch to your team for 5 seconds)
Trickery?
"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer"
SUNTZU SAID THAT.
Huntereb
Old 10-19-2012 , 10:27   Re: Nope.avi's Halloween Bosses (updated frequently) Need CFG writers! :3
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nope.avi View Post
The half-zatoichi has some issues with its instant kill other half-zatoichi users..
I think that FF2 automatically removes all attributes binded to a weapon when put into a boss's CFG. If not, I'm sure there's an attribute we can set to 0 to stop auto-killing from other users. I can't check what attribute it is right now, or if it works, but if you want I can set up a CFG tonight and test if it does this. I'll add the gentlemen rage thing too because that seems like a good idea.