Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Upcoming Release

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Lord of Anxiety
Old 08-04-2004 , 21:42  

No, I find the translation very good. I dont write self Plugins but I have already begon to change some plugins and I find the AMX X version better, then the AMX
Old 08-04-2004 , 21:44  

No, there are architectual flaws with _T() which is why we didn't use it. PM and I argued for a long time about how to go about it, and I think, given the amount of time we tried to cram this in, it's very good. We've even made some revisions since then.

Problems with _T: Since we don't have the source to 0.9.9 I can't say for sure, but it appears to use Small's new ability to return arrays (and before that I'm sure it passed a cell reference). This means the translation occurs BEFORE the string is sent.

With AMX Mod X, the translation occurs AFTER the string is sent. This is VERY important because then the native command can modify the string before it's sent. In the case of client_print, it allows you to send a message to all clients in their OWN translated language, rather than in the server's language. I don't know if dJeyL found a way around this, but _T() would say "no".

However, here are the changes we've made to the multilingual system since.

You can now embed multiple layers of translating. This will be valid:
Code:
[en]
Msg_Greeting = Hello, %d! You have %d messages.
Latest_Msg = Latest Message: %s
Code:
   //PLUGIN = plugin name    client_print(id, print_chat, "[%s] %L %L", NAME, id, "Msg_Greeting", clientName, Messages, id, "Latest_Msg", LatestMessage)    //Param 1 goes to %s    //Param 2,3,4,5 go to the first %L    //Param 6,7,8 go to second %L

While certainly not pretty, this is definitely a useable system.
Lastly, because people might need a _T() style mechanisms for things that don't pass through format_amxstring() / MF_FormatAmxString(), we'll provide LTrans() to wrap %L. It will work the same way, and will require %L.

Code:
    copy(string, 128, LTrans("[%s] %L %L", NAME, id, "Msg_Greeting", clientName, Messages, id, "Latest_Msg", LatestMessage)

I hope this clears things up
Old 08-05-2004 , 04:43  

i read somewhere we can t use "%L %L" ( %L must be alone....)

maybe i ve missreading that
Send a message via MSN to sanaell
SniperBeamer
AMX Mod X Founder
Old 08-05-2004 , 04:59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
We've even made some revisions since then.
Old 08-05-2004 , 08:39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidLuke
CS,TFC,DoD,TS modules will use some smilar natives. All have new client_death and client_damage forwards ( something like already formated death and damage messages ) and custom weapon stats support. Stats now will be able to save lasers, flamethrower,gasnades etc. damage. Hope you will like it, if not it will be removed in next release
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjg75
what new commands will there be(if any)? will u add them to the function reference immediately?
Sorry for late reply.

This future was removed from csstats so you will be able to use it only with dod,ts,tfc modules.
Attached Files
File Type: zip custom_wpns.zip (44.3 KB, 182 views)
Send a message via AIM to SidLuke Send a message via MSN to SidLuke
AlucarD_fOx
Old 08-05-2004 , 10:27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiN | SuicideDog
I for one so no thanks.. to make it completely compatible with amx it would require a crap load of extra programing.. not to mention defeat the purpose of a lot of the code changes that optimize and steamline the system.. in other words.. it would add a huge amout of bloat to the system.. no thanks.. I love what the dev team is doing.. keep it lean and mean guys. AMX is dead .. ppl haven't realized it yet.. and I'll tell you what, when WON is finally gone and HL2 comes out.. AMXX will be the verson of amx .. simply because it will be the only one that will work. So we are talking about 2-3 months maybe?

All it will take is one more steam "fix" that "breaks" amx and everyone will switch to amxx .. cuz its the only one that is being supported by it's developers.
I also agree, the amx died, in spite of not being a programming ruler, etc... I saw more stability in the amxx, so much that I changed...
I saw some problems in, like SH not to work with bots... But what should give more work and to do the convesão of plugins amx for amxx, they exist plugins that with little knowledge as mine doesn't get to modify...
I think the amxx should also assist off-line users, I had some problems to use off-line in my CS, the dll of amxx 0.16 didn't turn...

[-.THC.-] ReD L

Avante Madrid, con Robinho en equipo teremos show en Bernabeu!!!

Araraquara, SP - Brazil

thc-phk.servecounterstrike.com:27016

Open in weekends after 21:00 hrs of Saturday. Come to play with us!
Send a message via ICQ to AlucarD_fOx Send a message via MSN to AlucarD_fOx
Closed Thread