Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)

Post New Thread Reply   

Civiccod PRO
Old 08-05-2013 , 16:21   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #861

Hey, I am getting an error "[TF2] Model Manager: Error, file containing item list not found : addons\sourcemod\configs\tf2modelmanager\TF2_ ItemList.cfg"

Also,
I have the most the recent version of Model Manager (1.0.4).
I mean yea just rename the file to TF2_ItemList.cfg
Just pointing that out there c:

Contact Me

Last edited by Civiccod PRO; 08-05-2013 at 16:25.
Jakesterdog123
Old 08-05-2013 , 16:57   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reag View Post
You clearly have your dep files setup wrong then, I've got fastdl setup on all my servers and I dont have to use downloader to "redirect" them, it does it automatically because the download table first looks at the fastdl, if it finds the bz2 or whatever the file is there, it'll set the client to download from it, if it doesn't exist it'll either fail download or fall back to downloading from the server depending what the file is and what version of source you are using.
Code:
materials/models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus-blue.vtf
materials/models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.vtf
materials/models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus-blue.vmt
materials/models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.vmt
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.mdl
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.dx80.vtx
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.dx90.vtx
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.sw.vtx
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.vvd
models/rss-custom/hats/samus/samus.phy
My .dep files appear to undisputedly mirror this format.

EDIT: I just tried disabling sm_downloader and what do you know, it actually works... That clears all my misconceptions about dep files now. Or possibly a few versions ago I hadn't configured everything correctly and that would explain why my models weren't being added to the download table without me having to rely on sv_downloader. I think I will continue using it; it saves me the trouble of having to create dep files anyway. I've been using sv_downloader without deps ever since 1.0.2. I have encountered no problems with downloading/uploading files with either method, although I recommend using it instead of deps. Please don't argue that my method is inferior to yours, since I've found that this method works out better for me. Don't believe me? Keep an open mind and try it. (FYI: I'm not directing that towards you, Reag. I'm just stating it generally for refuters.)

Down below in my signature is a link to my FASTDL host. If you feel like looking, you will see that my files are properly organized and categorized in their respective folders.

Last edited by Jakesterdog123; 08-05-2013 at 17:59.
Jakesterdog123
Old 08-05-2013 , 17:33   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #863

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civiccod PRO View Post
Hey, I am getting an error "[TF2] Model Manager: Error, file containing item list not found : addons\sourcemod\configs\tf2modelmanager\TF2_ ItemList.cfg"

Also,
I have the most the recent version of Model Manager (1.0.4).
I mean yea just rename the file to TF2_ItemList.cfg
Just pointing that out there c:
The new cfg's are lowercased now. Replace the name of that cfg to tf2_modellist.cfg and the plugin will be able to read/find the proper cfg file. You may not have to do this yet (because according to FlaminSarge, the flag still exists), but you should replace the REMOVE_VALVE flags from before to HIDE_HATS if you used this flag on your models groups in the list. If not, then don't worry about what I just said for now, but keep it in mind for when you might need it in the future. You should probably get all the new files from the main page of this thread and place them in the proper folders. You may choose to delete the old files. I would store them in a backup folder somewhere in your computer for reference or just in case we need them again later. You can copy/paste your custom settings in the new folders since not much has changed with the plugin's format system.

Last edited by Jakesterdog123; 08-05-2013 at 17:44.
Civiccod PRO
Old 08-05-2013 , 18:31   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakesterdog123 View Post
The new cfg's are lowercased now. Replace the name of that cfg to tf2_modellist.cfg and the plugin will be able to read/find the proper cfg file. You may not have to do this yet (because according to FlaminSarge, the flag still exists), but you should replace the REMOVE_VALVE flags from before to HIDE_HATS if you used this flag on your models groups in the list. If not, then don't worry about what I just said for now, but keep it in mind for when you might need it in the future. You should probably get all the new files from the main page of this thread and place them in the proper folders. You may choose to delete the old files. I would store them in a backup folder somewhere in your computer for reference or just in case we need them again later. You can copy/paste your custom settings in the new folders since not much has changed with the plugin's format system.
Sounds good

Contact Me
joggylol
Old 08-07-2013 , 01:45   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #865

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
jakester, three things:
1) Condense your posts. Please. Keep in mind they are text, and you don't have to act like you're actually talking to somebody.
2) You should NOT be using the sm_downloader plugin with this plugin. You should be learning to use .dep files properly, as they DO work properly and if they are not working for you then you have not learned to use them properly.
3) Your admin overrides question could have been answered simply by you actually trying out each of the two scenarios you asked about and seeing which of the two worked (hint, only one would have). You don't need to post a giant wall of text that sounds like a conversation between two personalities in one person's head onto the forums.

I apologize for being brusque, but you're starting to do this for every single post you make on this thread and it's neither helping yourself, nor others.
for the medic/heavy popit thing, when I equip them their models are errors, I did what you said sarge, with the tf folder
Jakesterdog123
Old 08-07-2013 , 01:56   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #866

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggylol View Post
jakester, three things:
1) Condense your posts. Please. Keep in mind they are text, and you don't have to act like you're actually talking to somebody.
2) You should NOT be using the sm_downloader plugin with this plugin. You should be learning to use .dep files properly, as they DO work properly and if they are not working for you then you have not learned to use them properly.
3) Your admin overrides question could have been answered simply by you actually trying out each of the two scenarios you asked about and seeing which of the two worked (hint, only one would have). You don't need to post a giant wall of text that sounds like a conversation between two personalities in one person's head onto the forums.

I apologize for being brusque, but you're starting to do this for every single post you make on this thread and it's neither helping yourself, nor others.
did u have to quote FlaminSarge on THAT! That comment was directed at me... at least find the comment he replied to you with and not some random place to quote from...it's misleading!

Anyway, here is how I got pop it, don't drop it and chop taunt to work. After you download the folder FlaminSarge compiled:

1) Go into the "server" folder, then copy & paste the "models" folder in your server's tf folder.
(It contains the dep files)
2) Now copy/paste the "custom" folder in the FlaminSarge's zip
(it contains a .vpk in it with the models)
3) In your tf/addons/sourcemod/configs/tf2modelmanager/tf2_modellist.cfg, copy and paste the contents of "config_add.txt" from the zip file.
4) The final step is to copy the FIRST FOLDER in the "fastdl folder" in the zip-file to the tf2 directory in your server so that it looks like:
tf2/models/custom/taunts/medic_popit/*.bz2's

After that you should restart the server or change the map.

Last edited by Jakesterdog123; 08-12-2013 at 20:23.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2013 , 02:27   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helvetica View Post
Sarge did you ever figure out how to make the plugin load the custom model's ragdolls when the player dies?
Would really really like to see that feature implemented.
That should be in this version of the plugin...

Civiccod, in addition to that bit about tf2_modellist.cfg, you're going to have to find tf/cfg/sourcemod/TF2_ModelManager.cfg and rename it to "tf2_modelmanager_bak.cfg", then restart your server.
Once the server comes back up, find the file tf/cfg/sourcemod/tf2_modelmanager.cfg and put all the settings you want from tf2_modelmanager_bak.cfg into that file.

joggy: once clients download the taunts, they'll have to restart TF2, as it apparently refuses to load the models until a client TF2 restart.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 08-11-2013 at 02:31.
Helvetica
Old 08-11-2013 , 23:16   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #868

Quote:
That should be in this version of the plugin...
Oh whoops, you're right it is, my server didn't update the plugin yet for some reason.

Although cosmetic items that were hidden on the model reappear on death :/ Can you maybe fix that?
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 08-14-2013 , 13:24   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #869

I have absolutely no idea how Valve does ragdoll wearables. I've got to figure that out at some point, I guess.
However, I don't want to flat-out remove the player's wearable, since they could unequip the model and then they'd not have any wearables. I could pull in the EquipWearable/RemoveWearable stuff, but then this would require gamedata. Or would use the Randomizer gamedata. Meh.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 08-14-2013 at 13:25.
Helvetica
Old 08-15-2013 , 05:36   Re: [TF2] Model Manager 1.0.4 (08/03/2013)
Reply With Quote #870

This plugin has so many moving parts already I don't think the addition of gamedata would be that big a deal. The ragdoll wearables are considerably annoying, I would think it to be a good tradeoff. But eh if you don't want to do it I understand.