Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Server/Custom Questions

Post New Thread Reply   

General_Zod
Old 11-15-2013 , 11:49   [TF2] Server/Custom Questions
Reply With Quote #1

Hello all, I just created this account to ask a few noob questions in regards to a server I'm trying to help customize.

I spent some time reading the forums because I didn't want to be "that guy", but I am still unable to locate what I was looking for.

Could someone possibly point me in the direction of the following:

Customizing sounds (I already have the quake sound pack in place and it works, but I don't know how to add additional sounds, or customize the sounds that are played. Example: When you suicide "humiliation" is played. I attempted to replace that with nelson from the simpsons saying "haha". I removed the original "humiliation".mp3 from the server and uploaded "haha".mp3, I then changed it to "humiliation".mp3, but the server isn't playing it. It still plays the old humiliation sound. When I play the humiliation sound from the server it plays haha. I did this based on the assumption that when the server goes to play a specific sound, it is associated with the same name mp3 file.

Admin Color Text

End of Round Immunity I would also like to put a picture above the people's heads with immunity if possible.

Associated song with steam id This one may be tricky but it would seem possible. I would like to associate a song clip with admin id's if possible. When an admin joins the server it would play a sound clip, which would be associated with their steam id. The server's theme is Mortal Kombat, so say for example when I enter the server (I'm Raiden) it would play a clip from the game/song associated with me.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you in advance
serpentine
I don't have a problem
Old 11-15-2013 , 12:05   Re: [TF2] Server/Custom Questions
Reply With Quote #2

For the sound bit, you probably still have the old humilation.mp3 in your client folder, so it's playing that. Delete it and try again, it should download the new one.

Logos over players' heads, look for donator recognition in plugins.

The admin sounds I believe is also an existing plugin, again, use the search on http://www.sourcemod.net/plugins.php
Old 11-15-2013 , 12:12   Re: [TF2] Server/Custom Questions
Reply With Quote #3

^ Thank you very much, I will start looking into that now

Where would the client folder be located? I know the sounds are tf/sound/quake

Last edited by General_Zod; 11-15-2013 at 12:14.
General_Zod
Old 11-15-2013 , 12:34   Re: [TF2] Server/Custom Questions
Reply With Quote #4

Ok, I just deleted the humiliation.mp3 file from the tf/sound/quake folder, restarted the server from the website and ingame, and it still says humiliation...

Is there a secondary file that could have the mp3 in it?
serpentine
I don't have a problem
Old 11-15-2013 , 12:47   Re: [TF2] Server/Custom Questions
Reply With Quote #5

I'm talking about your files, if you replace the server files and it still has the same name as the old one it will play the old one on your hard drive. You need to delete it and have the game download the new one. Other than that you can change the name of the file it calls for, since most people with quake sounds will already have the default humiliation sound file and won't hear the one you want them to.
Old 11-15-2013 , 13:54   Re: [TF2] Server/Custom Questions
Reply With Quote #6

I used THIS for Admin tags
Send a message via Skype™ to Jyppedi
General_Zod
Old 11-16-2013 , 10:32   Re: [TF2] Server/Custom Questions
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentine View Post
I'm talking about your files, if you replace the server files and it still has the same name as the old one it will play the old one on your hard drive. You need to delete it and have the game download the new one. Other than that you can change the name of the file it calls for, since most people with quake sounds will already have the default humiliation sound file and won't hear the one you want them to.
So far we've made some progress on the text changing for admins by ip association... this is confusing me a bit because I've joined servers that have the quake plug in, but use different sounds that everyone can hear.