Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame

Post New Thread Reply   

St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2017 , 20:04   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5091

Ok, thanks, I will try, and give feedback if any.

-My plugins-
soin
Old 08-20-2017 , 13:47   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5092

I am tinkering this mod. So far it is working fine until a map change should take place:

1. If I use sm_mapvote inside gungame.mapvote.cfg the vote takes places, but when the game ends (a player wins the gun game) the map is not being changed. Instead, the next round is started on the same map and the winner keeps the last weapon.

2. If I use sm_rtv nothing happens at all (which is not surprising because when I trigger this command manually in the console, nothing happens, as well).

3. If I use say !rtv and set "VoteLevelLessWeaponCount" "0", the next round starts like it does in scenario 1, but also rockthevote is started which, in turn, changes the map when the vote is finished.

In all scenarios, no game sound is ever played.

Do I have to configure my server in some way so that the gun game mod freezes the game when there is a winner? And how do I make the sound files work?
Furious373
Old 08-20-2017 , 18:18   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5093

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarDx View Post
For the life of me, I cannot figure out what is wrong here. I've been able to get everything to work properly, but I just cannot fully enable gungame on my dedicated server. (I'm using srcds via console, but the GUI interface also reports the same thing). When attempting to use "gg_enable", it tells me that gungame is already enabled. When I check the status with "gg_status", it says, "Currently not implmented". (Yes, typo and all).

I've searched all over this thread and throughout the internet, but I cannot find the cause of this problem. In-game, the menus, weapons, and sounds will load, but I'm not seeing much else. (The bots, for example, aren't showing up at all since the server thinks the gamemode is off). I'm using the latest version of everything described here, including SDK Hooks with the proper configuration file. (It is included by default with the latest version of SourceMod, which is also installed and working). Other than everything described here, (and one custom gungame map that I added after this issue came about to test things), my server is using a fresh, clean installation. I have no idea what the problem is, or how to fix it.
I don't do anything with plugins or the mods, but I do have both Source and CSGO gungame servers. Maybe I can help....what game are you running?
Old 08-21-2017 , 20:56   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5094

Quote:
https://github.com/altexdim/sourcemo.../CHANGELOG.txt
According to the changelog, there are updates to the Github repo that haven't been put into a newer release yet which fix your problem. You may want to try reinstalling it using those files and see if it fixes your issue.
Seems to be fixed, thx!

-My plugins-
Furious373
Old 08-23-2017 , 17:58   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5095

Can you use multiple "winner" round end songs seperated by commas in CS:GO? The mp3's are all converted properly but when I try adding multiples no winner sound plays. When I just use one of them it works fine. This is how I'm doing it:

"Winner" "gungame/winner.mp3,gungame/warnotlost.mp3" // (Ñ) VALVE

Last edited by Furious373; 08-23-2017 at 18:03.
GirlieBalls
Old 08-24-2017 , 18:52   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5096

Hello,

I was looking for a way to implement something into the warmup round. I would like to set the HP to 1, but only for the warmup and cant seem to figure out a way to do it so far

Thanks
soin
Old 08-26-2017 , 05:59   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5097

Quote:
Originally Posted by soin View Post
I am tinkering this mod. So far it is working fine until a map change should take place:

1. If I use sm_mapvote inside gungame.mapvote.cfg the vote takes places, but when the game ends (a player wins the gun game) the map is not being changed. Instead, the next round is started on the same map and the winner keeps the last weapon.

2. If I use sm_rtv nothing happens at all (which is not surprising because when I trigger this command manually in the console, nothing happens, as well).

3. If I use say !rtv and set "VoteLevelLessWeaponCount" "0", the next round starts like it does in scenario 1, but also rockthevote is started which, in turn, changes the map when the vote is finished.

In all scenarios, no game sound is ever played.

Do I have to configure my server in some way so that the gun game mod freezes the game when there is a winner? And how do I make the sound files work?
OK, I managed to fix some of the problems:
  • game sounds are now properly played in general - I just forgot to adapt the folder delimiters of the paths to the mp3 files to // in gungame.config.txt
  • I do not use rock the vote at the moment because I do not see any advantage to the built-in map-voting plugin
  • after I changed EndGameSilent to 1, the map switch finally took place - so I guess this option is somewhat broken

I filed an issue on Github which says:

Quote:
If the option EndSilentGame in gungame.config.tx is set to 0, the gungame mod will not switch the map when a player wins. It sets some variables like mp_timelimit but instead of freezing the game and loading the map that was voted for, gungame just starts the next round on the current map. However, when this option is set to 0, the winning statistics popup appears as expected. So I guess that something else in the winning code logic prevents the map switch.
So, basically, gungame works now - but I would really like to experience the winning effects like the popup and the winner sound (which is not played, probably, because the winning procedure is aborted somewhere along the way...)

Last edited by soin; 08-26-2017 at 06:02.
root88
Old 08-31-2017 , 06:06   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5098

I can confirm I've got the same problem with map not changing (sometimes).
I will try setting EndSilentGame to 1 like you said, thanks.
Old 09-27-2017 , 15:17   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5099

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious373 View Post
I don't do anything with plugins or the mods, but I do have both Source and CSGO gungame servers. Maybe I can help....what game are you running?
Not sure why the forum stopped sending me notifications for this topic, but...

I'm currently trying to run it with CS:S. I'm using everything default, and it just won't cooperate.

Edit: Scratch that. FINALLY got it working after playing with it for awhile. The error text still appears in the console, but that appears to be a bug with the code.

Also, I'm experiencing the same EndSilentGame bug with the setting to 0. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution. I've already updated my files with the repo ones, so it is definitely not fixed there either.

Edit #2: Setting EndSilentGame to 1 does appear to fix it. It actually does what is described in the 0 setting, which seems a bit odd.

Last edited by SugarDx; 09-29-2017 at 15:45.
Furious373
Old 10-27-2017 , 15:36   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5100

Quote:
Edit #2: Setting EndSilentGame to 1 does appear to fix it. It actually does what is described in the 0 setting, which seems a bit odd.
I had the same issue and EndSilentGame 1 fixed it too. I've since dropped my css server just running the cs:go version now.

Question:
Is there a way I can switch back and forth between Gungame and Classic Casual? For example, I'd like gungame to use i.e. "gg_mapcycle.txt" and classice casual to use "mapcycle.txt"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.