Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Mighty Stomp Foot

Post New Thread Reply   

irogue
Old 03-20-2011 , 03:47   Re: [L4D2] Mighty Stomp Foot
Reply With Quote #21

Groovy, thanks for the plugin been looking around for something like this for l4d2 adds a touch of realism to the game
paul92
Old 04-12-2014 , 10:17   Re: [L4D2] Mighty Stomp Foot
Reply With Quote #22

Is this plugin still supported?
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 04-12-2014 , 20:23   Re: [L4D2] Mighty Stomp Foot
Reply With Quote #23

The lack of a gamedata file needed and no updates indicates "simple, rock solid plugin which doesnt break", which is the case.
paul92
Old 04-13-2014 , 09:13   Re: [L4D2] Mighty Stomp Foot
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
The lack of a gamedata file needed and no updates indicates "simple, rock solid plugin which doesnt break", which is the case.
That actually i didn't know!
Thanks for telling me!

As for the "no updates" i'm actually back from an absence of 2 years... So there have been a lot of updates. XD

I've been back trying to play Left 4 Dead 2 after 2 years that i didn't play it... And my game (as expected) crashes on 90% of the plugins i used.

From what i managed to gather online, looks like the biggest hit the game received was a "Steam Pipe" update On July 2013, that broke a lot of plugins.

I'm trying to see if the situation recovered after that. Because if most of the plugins i used don't works anymore, i think i'll just leave it as it is and find another game. But if the situation is still almost optimal as before , i will definitely try and patiently fix the stuff.

If i could ask you an advice... Do you think most of the plugins i use crash because of those outdated gamedata file? Or is a more probable major culprit the fact that i'm using outdated sourcemod/metamod and the various sdk extensions?

Because right now i'm trying one by one the plugins, and disabling those who do not works (almost all), but maybe i should stop and update the basic sourcemod, metamod, and extension first?
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2014 , 10:58   Re: [L4D2] Mighty Stomp Foot
Reply With Quote #25

Outdated meta- and sourcemod will 100% crash. Outdated gamedata files will likely crash. Outdated plugins without gamedata should be fine.
paul92
Old 04-13-2014 , 11:25   Re: [L4D2] Mighty Stomp Foot
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Outdated meta- and sourcemod will 100% crash. Outdated gamedata files will likely crash. Outdated plugins without gamedata should be fine.
Mhm, weird... because with few plugins and the base .smx files that come with sourcemod my games doesn't crash. Anyway, i'll definitely change my priorities, and i'll update them before coming back to see which plugins work and which ones not. Thanks for your explanation!
DeathChaos25
Old 07-29-2015 , 23:58   Re: [L4D2] Mighty Stomp Foot
Reply With Quote #27

Hmm, this definitely needs some fancy schmancy stomp animations
Old 07-30-2015 , 07:00   Re: [L4D2] Mighty Stomp Foot
Reply With Quote #28

Hmm probably wont look as good since you have to be "moving" for this plugin to work. Unused Zoey vocalize? Nice.
DeathChaos25
Old 07-30-2015 , 09:52   Re: [L4D2] Mighty Stomp Foot
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Hmm probably wont look as good since you have to be "moving" for this plugin to work. Unused Zoey vocalize? Nice.
If I remember correctly there was a walking version of this animation, but I can't for the life of me find it, I used L4D2_direct's DoAnimation event, this even ID is 37, but because there was never any documentation on which events correspond to which ID, I literally have to test them one by one to see which one does what.
Old 07-30-2015 , 10:42   Re: [L4D2] Mighty Stomp Foot
Reply With Quote #30

Heh, if you do manage to add in a walking stomp animation (along with an automatic going into third person camera to see yourself doing this) this plugin will increase 400% in epicness