Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

DoD - now or later?

Post New Thread Reply   

pendragon
Old 03-30-2004 , 11:54   DoD - now or later?
Reply With Quote #1

I've been noticing that a lot of the AMXmodX plugins so far are the CS AMX plugins that have been ported and I was wondering if most of the current work has been trying to get all of the CS community taken care of first since it is the largest - then eventually get to the other plugins for DoD. Or if it is simply that there are none or not enough DoD server ops here to do enough testing on the old plugins.

Basically I'd like to know if you guys think that a DoD server op should wait a bit on making a transition into AMXmodX or if you think we should do it now? Do you guys need more ppl from the DoD community to help you guys out test AMXmodX?

Thanks in advance!
Send a message via ICQ to pendragon
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2004 , 12:09  
Reply With Quote #2

I think it is just lack of DoD coders, I havent really seen anyone try to code for DoD.

MagicShot
Old 03-30-2004 , 12:12   lol
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller
I think it is just lack of DoD coders, I havent really seen anyone try to code for DoD.
Hey Baller when i finished my plugins I am currently working on I will work on dod plugins.. I just need to play the game to see what kinda stuff would be good for gameplay..
Send a message via MSN to MagicShot Send a message via Yahoo to MagicShot
INFaMouS
Old 03-30-2004 , 14:19  
Reply With Quote #4

DoD is compatible with AMX, however I'm not sure if the plugins are sometimes for CS only. I'll test some after I get done with my mod testing.
CS SERVER: 209.123.8.130:27017!
Send a message via AIM to INFaMouS
pendragon
Old 03-31-2004 , 01:13  
Reply With Quote #5

thanks for your replies guys... I'm thinking that since there is a lack of coders for DoD I might just go bals out and test it on my clan's server and start porting some plugins and notifying the authors and you guys if they worked or not.

so far i have basically got my AMX working as seemless as possible.... so that is why i am asking here first cause I would be reluctant to lose it .... but there is nothing like a backup to make you feel ballsy!
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 03-31-2004 , 01:14  
Reply With Quote #6

well, if I had a DoD server, I wouldnt mind trying to port a few DoD plugins that are widely used, but I would have no way to test them, I also think waiting on the DoD module that someone will write in a few days or something would help before you release a DoD plugin.

pendragon
Old 03-31-2004 , 01:20  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller
I also think waiting on the DoD module that someone will write in a few days or something would help before you release a DoD plugin.
oh? someone is writing a DoD module? or are you saying that as a hypothetical situation. Mind you I didnt mean i was going to run out and do this... but rather work it into my future schedule like in a few weeks or so. As you can tell by my posts... im still a noob here so I'm trying to get a feel of how deep am i gonna dive in here by trying to get info from you guys on AMXmodX and DoD.
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 03-31-2004 , 02:06  
Reply With Quote #8

The AMXX team has already planned (or at least stated) that they are going to make offical DoD and Natural Selection modules.

This is to make AMXX more mod orientated, with AMX MOD you had to enable some counter-strike functions on DoD and NS servers causing more server usage for things you didnt need or want. With AMXX, on a DoD server you dont need to use the CS module because what good is CS functions on a DoD server?

_KaszpiR_
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 03-31-2004 , 02:35  
Reply With Quote #9

the first release was tested on cs mod, later noew mods will be added respectively
Veteran Member
Old 03-31-2004 , 03:16  
Reply With Quote #10

DoD, NS, sheesh! Back in the days I was addicted to TFC for years... until CS became popular. I hope we will make a TFC module also. But maybe there's no need for it anymore :-\

/ex-medic