Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[?]Creating Player Model Help!!!

Post New Thread Reply   

heliumdream
Old 12-19-2006 , 16:26   [?]Creating Player Model Help!!!
Reply With Quote #1

Alright, I followed the tutorials and steps to make a new 'guy' model. Everything works fine, only he floats about 2 heads off the ground. Which is wierd, because in the 3d program his origin is aproaching 0 on the 'y'...it should be on the ground...

You can't see from this pic, because of the perspective...but indeed that shake is off the ground, and very much would cast a shadow if not for the water.

Special consideration: this is a Master Shake model from ATHF, as such I didn't include the 112 default skeletal animations - but I didn't think this would be much of a problem. The model I was ripping over was a goomba, which also didn't have those animations. The goomba model works just fine!

Also note: when you duck, you are approx. 1 head off the ground instead of 2...you're still not on the ground proper.

I have had the idea to just go back to milkshape and drop the model well below the 0 mark to kind of just adjust for it...but I'd rather not do it that way, because I know I am doing something wrong - and two wrongs don't make bad code right.

Have any of you modellers out there experienced this before? How do I correct it?