Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Object-Browser/Translations

Post New Thread Reply   

WhiteThunder
Old 04-20-2015 , 20:40   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: RCon Querys
Reply With Quote #71

There should be support for multiple include folders. This can be achieved by adding a box for command line options to be passed to the compiler.

I am glad to see you added the rcon feature. I noticed it seems to block the UI when it tries to connect even though there's no visual indicator that the UI should be blocked such as with the compile phase.

It feels like a bit of a hassle to have to do f6-f8-f10 all to just compile, upload and reload a plugin. I prefer that kind of thing to be done with a single operation, such as post-compile, which is basically what I'm doing now with my custom rcon tool. Determining the best way to streamline deployment could be tricky with your current system.

I have a minor gripe about the rcon helpers. I prefer to use {plugins_unload} and then {plugins_load} so I never have to worry about loading new plugins manually, but the only issue here is that it sends two rcon messages to the server instead of one which clutters up my log/console. I know it's minor, but this could be easily fixed by batching them all into one message separated by semicolons, which would also save log space if compiling multiple plugins at once (which I never do).

The 127.0.0.1 ip doesn't seem to work for me. I think it's the rcon library or something. In my command line tool I just made an alias for 'localhost' which would run some code to get the actual ip address of the machine. You could probably do the same for both.

The alt key seems to select the file menu but there are no shortcut keys to navigate within the menu. For instance, alt+f+s is preferred by some for saving instead of ctrl+s to prevent pinkie fatigue™.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 04-20-2015 , 20:58   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: RCon Querys
Reply With Quote #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteThunder View Post
There should be support for multiple include folders. This can be achieved by adding a box for command line options to be passed to the compiler.
https://github.com/TheJelle/Spedit/issues/27
Old 04-23-2015 , 00:15   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: RCon Querys
Reply With Quote #73

Why don't you just run your windows apps in virtualbox or another hypervisor?
Also ubuntu

I dunno why, but professional hardware developers seem to have no interest developing quality drivers for linux, and thus no professional software developers bother to make linux ports. The few linux ports that are available work great, but usually don't support third party plugins or any specialized peripherals.

I would say get a mac, because it's closer... But IIRC you can't run X on them any more, and many linux apps don't run well because it's not a proper environment.

I can't think of a single instance where you'd want linux over windows for a workstation. Even osx over windows is not something that most people would need, as almost everything that is made for linux and mac are also available on win. Lots of companies use nix to save money though, but are still forced to use windows a lot, even for servers for crap like AD, ms sql, office, exchange...
Miu
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2015 , 16:25   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: RCon Querys
Reply With Quote #74

Small thing, but pasting something with an incomplete quote will change the color of all text ahead of of it, and undo won't reverse the color change

Also, key rebinding would be nice. I accidentally hit F5 (compile all) a lot and it messes stuff up.

eta: also also, spedit doesn't give itself focus when you open a new file

Last edited by Miu; 04-23-2015 at 16:37.
NiQu
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2015 , 21:10   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: RCon Querys
Reply With Quote #75

Why can't I choose where I want to install this if I use the installer ?
I don't install things on to my C: drive.

I'll use the standalone version but please for a future update, include an option to select a custom installation directory.

EDIT: Didn't read every single post (didn't see anything in the first post either) but is there an option for a dark theme ? A bright theme like this is gonna hurt my eyes for sure.
  • CashMod V0.0.6 ----- Public
    • Progress - [||||||||||]
  • CashMod V0.0.7 ----- Public
    • Progress - [||||||||||]

Last edited by NiQu; 04-23-2015 at 21:24.
Dr. Api
BANNED
Old 04-24-2015 , 14:21   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: RCon Querys
Reply With Quote #76

Hi, awesome editor just one thing I have a bright screen a dark theme will be good. Any way good work!

EDIT: cannot use different port for ftp.

Last edited by Dr. Api; 04-24-2015 at 14:27.
Pohearts
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-28-2015 , 15:05   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: RCon Querys
Reply With Quote #77

Finally a good SourcePawn editor,
i'm now trying to transit from notepad++ to this..
However,i would like to see a movable Ctrl+F windows like Notepad++ so i can move that windows to my second monitor without blocking the code

once again, really nice work!
Thanks!

Edit:

Another feature i hope to see is that if it could indicate which argument in the hint referred to, by bolding it just like visual studio..

to this

Last edited by Pohearts; 04-29-2015 at 00:24.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 04-29-2015 , 01:59   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: RCon Querys
Reply With Quote #78

Nice program

Some small bugs:
- Auto formatting occurs when editing strings, like inserting spaces
- Auto-indent when adding braces is often wrong
- When using the compiler erorr/line numbers, the line numbers don't update with changes, would be nice if the line numbers update without having to run compile again.

Possible feature requests:
- sFTP instead of FTP
- Ability to close the auto-complete with escape or something, so that it doesn't keep popping up when editing something, or at least reposition or pin the floating window somewhere else, or in a horizontal area.
- Toolbar for tree code view for fast navigation, ability to quickly collapse/expand nested stuff

Last edited by friagram; 04-29-2015 at 06:13.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-29-2015 , 13:00   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: RCon Querys
Reply With Quote #79

So... Microsoft announced Visual Studio Code earlier today... a free code editor for Windows, Linux, and OSX. Downloads available later today now.

They also announced .NET Core preview builds for Linux and OSX.

Makes me wonder if it's easier to create a new language service for Visual Studio Code than it is for Visual Studio 2013.

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-29-2015 at 13:26.
_AeonOne_
Old 05-03-2015 , 08:32   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: RCon Querys
Reply With Quote #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteThunder View Post

I am glad to see you added the rcon feature. I noticed it seems to block the UI when it tries to connect even though there's no visual indicator that the UI should be blocked such as with the compile phase.

It feels like a bit of a hassle to have to do f6-f8-f10 all to just compile, upload and reload a plugin. I prefer that kind of thing to be done with a single operation, such as post-compile, which is basically what I'm doing now with my custom rcon tool. Determining the best way to streamline deployment could be tricky with your current system.

I have a minor gripe about the rcon helpers. I prefer to use {plugins_unload} and then {plugins_load} so I never have to worry about loading new plugins manually, but the only issue here is that it sends two rcon messages to the server instead of one which clutters up my log/console. I know it's minor, but this could be easily fixed by batching them all into one message separated by semicolons, which would also save log space if compiling multiple plugins at once (which I never do).

The 127.0.0.1 ip doesn't seem to work for me. I think it's the rcon library or something. In my command line tool I just made an alias for 'localhost' which would run some code to get the actual ip address of the machine. You could probably do the same for both.

The alt key seems to select the file menu but there are no shortcut keys to navigate within the menu. For instance, alt+f+s is preferred by some for saving instead of ctrl+s to prevent pinkie fatigue™.
- Is added now.

- Will be fixed.

- It's not planed to add more keys. Perhaps a keybingding in next time. We'll see.

- Will be fixed

- You have to set a parameter for your Server i think, to allow it to be connectable via localhost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miu View Post
Small thing, but pasting something with an incomplete quote will change the color of all text ahead of of it, and undo won't reverse the color change

Also, key rebinding would be nice. I accidentally hit F5 (compile all) a lot and it messes stuff up.

eta: also also, spedit doesn't give itself focus when you open a new file
- Cannot reproduce it.

- Will come.

- Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiQu View Post
Why can't I choose where I want to install this if I use the installer ?
I don't install things on to my C: drive.

I'll use the standalone version but please for a future update, include an option to select a custom installation directory.

EDIT: Didn't read every single post (didn't see anything in the first post either) but is there an option for a dark theme ? A bright theme like this is gonna hurt my eyes for sure.
-There are several reasons for that and this wont change. For this case, the standalone is made.

- Not for now. I have big difficulties to get this to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Api View Post
Hi, awesome editor just one thing I have a bright screen a dark theme will be good. Any way good work!

EDIT: cannot use different port for ftp.
- Like i said to the comment above: I have big difficulties to get this to work, so it wont come in the near future.

- Setting a part is your task to embed it into you FTP address. (e.g. ftp://1.1.1.1:12345/)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pohearts View Post
Finally a good SourcePawn editor,
i'm now trying to transit from notepad++ to this..
However,i would like to see a movable Ctrl+F windows like Notepad++ so i can move that windows to my second monitor without blocking the code

Edit:

Another feature i hope to see is that if it could indicate which argument in the hint referred to, by bolding it just like visual studio..
Ufff, i dont thought it botheres someone. I'll think about it.

This is already suggested but needs a lot of work and i'm busy studying sry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
Nice program

Some small bugs:
- Auto formatting occurs when editing strings, like inserting spaces
- Auto-indent when adding braces is often wrong
- When using the compiler erorr/line numbers, the line numbers don't update with changes, would be nice if the line numbers update without having to run compile again.

Possible feature requests:
- sFTP instead of FTP
- Ability to close the auto-complete with escape or something, so that it doesn't keep popping up when editing something, or at least reposition or pin the floating window somewhere else, or in a horizontal area.
- Toolbar for tree code view for fast navigation, ability to quickly collapse/expand nested stuff
- Will be fixed
- It depends on your indentation of the last 2 lines. I've you made that wrong, it will get wrong.
- Actual not a trivial task to do but we'll see.

- is noted
- this should be implemented?
- nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
So... Microsoft announced Visual Studio Code earlier today... a free code editor for Windows, Linux, and OSX. Downloads available later today now.

They also announced .NET Core preview builds for Linux and OSX.

Makes me wonder if it's easier to create a new language service for Visual Studio Code than it is for Visual Studio 2013.
At first: awesome that they port the .net core ^^ - but this wont be making spedit more cross compatible sadly.
However, it changes nothing on the current situation. But i'll hope that the 2015 Community edition of VS will deliver the SDK and i can use that instead.

thank you all that you like my editor.
We've reached over 300 Users ^^