Raised This Month: $119 Target: $400
 29% 

Server Help Wanted


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
MayoBB
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: TX
Old 08-15-2019 , 17:22   Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #1

Howdy Allied Modders,

I'm looking for some help setting up my server (a rental online). Specifically creating some easy to use autoexec's that can be loaded via the sm_admin menu. I would be willing to compensate time using paypal. I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out my own way.

TLDR: Looking for a simple way to switch the server from Casual, GunGame, Deathmatch, Some kind of Captains script, and Competitive. Getting rid of Warmode, on and off.

Appreciate everyone's time.
MayoBB is offline
Halt
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Black Mesa
Old 08-19-2019 , 12:14   Re: Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #2

Best advice if you're planning to run a server(s). Learn it yourself. It is your server after all, I wouldn't want random people all up in my FTP or databases.

Edit - Sourcemods and Source Engine in general have more online Wikis/Tutorials then any other you will find. Minus AMX and GoldSRC

Last edited by Halt; 08-19-2019 at 12:14.
Halt is offline
mlov420
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Old 08-19-2019 , 14:51   Re: Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #3

Hey MayoBB,

I'm interested if you are still looking. I've been operating CS:GO servers for 7 years now, have a well established community, and an honest reputation. Our private servers are almost exactly like what you're asking, where I have multiple configs available on the admin menu that allow you to swap between game modes easily and completely. I have casual, competitive, scrim/match, deathmatch, multi-cfg deathmatch, 3am gungame, captains, warmup, knife, 1v1, 2v2, and a couple others readily available, and am more than happy to help configure other modes as well if you're interested.

I am located in New York, and am familiar with using a variety of game server hosts here in NA (nfo, swiftnode, fragready, gameservers, eoreality). DM me if you're interested and I will give you a link my steam account or discord, whichever you prefer to communicate on. We can chat on one of those further and layout expectations before either of us commit to anything.

Take care bud, maybe I'll hear from you soon.
mlov420 is offline
8guawong
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: BlackMarke7
Old 08-19-2019 , 22:56   Re: Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #4

what is captains?
__________________
8guawong is offline
mlov420
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2013
Old 08-20-2019 , 06:19   Re: Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #5

My personal use for it is when running 10 mans during the captains/pick phase. It's nothing special, just does a few things like stick everyone in spectator, mute people in spec, spawning players in without the round restarting, restricting killing or weapons to keep the unnecessary noise to a minimum, etc.

I assumed he meant something similar.
mlov420 is offline
MayoBB
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: TX
Old 08-20-2019 , 21:34   Re: Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halt View Post
Best advice if you're planning to run a server(s). Learn it yourself. It is your server after all, I wouldn't want random people all up in my FTP or databases.

Edit - Sourcemods and Source Engine in general have more online Wikis/Tutorials then any other you will find. Minus AMX and GoldSRC
So just an update. I did after many hours of trial and error get "exec's", in t he source mod menu, to change game modes to work! It's hard for this old plumber, but i'm learning. (slowly)

That said i will be PM'ing people later this week when i get some free time. There is a lot i'm struggling with.

One of the minor issues is with downloads. In particular 95% people can download the maps (hosted on Microsoft azure) linked from the server, the other 5% claims it just freezes or gets stuck at a certain percentage. I'm super confused on this. I tried making a workshop map list so people can subscribe to the SAME maps i have uploaded on the server, to sort of pre-download but that doesn't seem to work either. any ideas?
MayoBB is offline
Halt
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Black Mesa
Old 08-21-2019 , 10:44   Re: Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayoBB View Post
So just an update. I did after many hours of trial and error get "exec's", in t he source mod menu, to change game modes to work! It's hard for this old plumber, but i'm learning. (slowly)

That said i will be PM'ing people later this week when i get some free time. There is a lot i'm struggling with.

One of the minor issues is with downloads. In particular 95% people can download the maps (hosted on Microsoft azure) linked from the server, the other 5% claims it just freezes or gets stuck at a certain percentage. I'm super confused on this. I tried making a workshop map list so people can subscribe to the SAME maps i have uploaded on the server, to sort of pre-download but that doesn't seem to work either. any ideas?
That's how I learned/am still learning man. Never be too prideful to ask for help or for explanations. You can always PM me and I'll do my best to help answer any questions.

As for Azure.... I usually tell people to stick with Linux. Their OS's run better if they're acting as a server & there's a LOT of linux support. Plus its free

Check all error logs, scrds logs (your game logs located in your game dir tf/logs cs/logs hl2mp/logs) Check SM logs just incase.
And check your actual server terminal/logs. See what your server says when a player who has connection issues freezes next time. Perhaps ask one of them to join while you monitor the server. Perhaps you will find something that way.

Lastly, there are guys on here with LOTS of knowledge about LOTS of things. Just gotta find the right person. Many of the SM devs/supporters have degrees related to computers.

Last edited by Halt; 08-21-2019 at 10:44. Reason: Auto correct typo
Halt is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode