Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-02-2008 , 16:03   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
First of all, Synergy doesn't like SM 1.1

Second, I'll answer your questions anyway:

The plugin IS loaded with errors
I told you what happens when I try to turn on debug
Ok if you say so, I have been running Synergy with SourceMod 1.1 since the OB release and have reported numerous bugs which included:

SourceMod v1.1.0-2365 - Created new "OnClientConnected()" forward which correctly handles players connecting for mods like Synergy.

This OnClientConencted() correctly identifies when a client connects matching it with OnClientDisconnect(). If you use OnClientConnect() and a player is disconnected by the server for not having the required mounts OnClientDisconnect() is not called causing problems.

This was causing issues with RTV ending up having incorrect numbers amongst probably other plugins hence why OnClientConnected() was created and RTV plugins were changed.

https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3376
https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3311
https://bugs.alliedmods.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3312

But yeah ok if you say it doesn't work when I clearly know it's working and as I mentioned I am using a new OnClientConnected() function to fix the client connections which is only in the 1.1 trunk.

I believe you are probably having issues because we determined 1.0.x is probably thinking the OnClientConnected() function is a custom function not a SourceMod function. The issue you were seeing with IsClientConnected() I believe I have fixed in the next release I'll make and should of only been applicable for late-loading the plugin where it was checking the players wrong and should have been using IsClientInGame()

Last edited by Rothgar; 11-02-2008 at 16:06.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-03-2008 , 01:00   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #12

Maybe this could help?

Quote:
I see many level designers wanting to know the number of players in the server and so on.
I'm posting this here to get a feel of what people want this new proposed entity to do:

logic_player_counter

Outputs:
* void OnPlayerConnect() = fired when a player connects to the server
* void OnPlayerDisconnect() = fired when a player leaves the server
* integer OutPlayerCount() = value of number of players

Ideas/Suggestions?
It's not implemented yet, but if it was, could this help?

I'm not sure if you can access those from SM plugins though. I'm not familiar with any programming related to the source engine.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-03-2008 , 01:34   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
Maybe this could help?

It's not implemented yet, but if it was, could this help?

I'm not sure if you can access those from SM plugins though. I'm not familiar with any programming related to the source engine.
Er no, why don't you read the posts where I stated the problems and why I have done it this way and as said Synergy SHOULD/WILL work better on 1.1 due to the bugs I listed being resolved.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-06-2008 , 03:55   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #14

Uploaded 2.5e which is just a few slight changes, one was the error message on late-load that was mentioned before giving invalid indexes. This should be resolved now and the other was that DEBUG was enabled by default which would have generated more debug information which may have some performance impacts, this has been disabled by default now.
1nsane
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-06-2008 , 05:54   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #15

It fails to load in TF2 right of the bat. Compiling it against the latest stable sourcemod version gets it to load but it doesn't actually do anything.

:/
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-06-2008 , 07:55   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #16

Can you tell me the output of your "sm version" ?

Have you compiled with DEBUG enabled and do you have anything in the SourceMod logs?
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-07-2008 , 06:10   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #17

Uploaded version 2.5f

Fixed a few error messages that would occur when changing maps due to the timer starting before a player was fully in the server. Also added a few more debug messages for DEBUG mode.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-08-2008 , 08:38   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #18

Has anyone tried the Spectator move function at all? Does it work etc?
Alderman [3rd MD]
Old 11-09-2008 , 14:09   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #19

This doesnt appear to run in my INS server with 1.0.4 on Windows OS.
No errors in the log but it never moves anyone to spec or kicks them whatsoever.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 11-09-2008 , 17:09   Re: AFK Manager
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alderman [3rd MD] View Post
This doesnt appear to run in my INS server with 1.0.4 on Windows OS.
No errors in the log but it never moves anyone to spec or kicks them whatsoever.
Please read the first post, this plugin currently requires 1.1 trunk.