Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] How to make bots attack each other

Post New Thread Reply   

Edison1318
Old 07-23-2018 , 03:37   [L4D2] How to make bots attack each other
Reply With Quote #1

I've recently watched this video and i wondered how they made bots attack each other? I tried to use CommandABot to attack a survivor but no results. My thought is that he coded survivor bots to aim and shoot random survivors until death. For me, i would like this plugin for my Survivor VS Survivor game.

Last edited by Edison1318; 07-23-2018 at 03:37.
Send a message via Skype™ to Edison1318
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2018 , 09:11   Re: [L4D2] How to make bots attack each other
Reply With Quote #2

He could be using GetClientEyePosition to force the bots to aim at each other's heads. You could check out Franc1sco's Aimbot plugin to see how he can make players aim at other players. The way it looks in the video, there may also be a delay considering the bots don't keep their aim on each other so their movement and aim look more natural.
Old 07-23-2018 , 11:44   Re: [L4D2] How to make bots attack each other
Reply With Quote #3

Im actually curious as to what u tried with commandabot. Im working on an ai plugin that will give players much better control over the bots. Crashers method will work. However commmandabot targeting should work regardless of the team there on. I will test this myself soon. But as crasher said u can force them to aim at the other bots and force them to use in_attack from onplayerruncmd hook.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 07-23-2018 at 11:45.
Edison1318
Old 07-23-2018 , 13:28   Re: [L4D2] How to make bots attack each other
Reply With Quote #4

Well i actually do know how to make client or bots to aim at the target's body or head. Commandabot is useful for me to configure bots behavior a bit, since that i only know how to use this commandabot for resetting their behavior and move to the location. While moving bots to the location, the bots may not be able attack the infected.

So i just try to code bots to attack a client, i'll post up a thread when i'm done.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 07-23-2018 , 13:53   Re: [L4D2] How to make bots attack each other
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison1318 View Post
Well i actually do know how to make client or bots to aim at the target's body or head. Commandabot is useful for me to configure bots behavior a bit, since that i only know how to use this commandabot for resetting their behavior and move to the location. While moving bots to the location, the bots may not be able attack the infected.

So i just try to code bots to attack a client, i'll post up a thread when i'm done.
yah i had issues with trying to move bots and command them to attack along the movement path with commandabot. You can try resetting the bots just before you send the attack command and then reissuing the move command again after that. I found timing is key when sending multiple commands to a bot.
Edison1318
Old 07-24-2018 , 09:19   Re: [L4D2] How to make bots attack each other
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
yah i had issues with trying to move bots and command them to attack along the movement path with commandabot. You can try resetting the bots just before you send the attack command and then reissuing the move command again after that. I found timing is key when sending multiple commands to a bot.
Mmhmm, this might take a while to improve the ai plugin.