Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
Servers with this Plugin:
Plugin Description:
It's in the name! All weapon stats, times 10.
Old 08-27-2015 , 21:04   [TF2] TF2x10 - Multiply a Weapon's Stats by 10 v1.7.4
Reply With Quote #1

Multiply A Weapon's Stats by 10: The Plugin

It's in the name! All (ok, almost all) weapon stats multiplied by 10. Everything about that (un)balanced goodness that you can run on your own TF2 server.

Requirements

For the updater bit: there will be times where Valve may change weapon attributes or add new ones. This is to ensure the server gets fast, timely updates to weapon attributes and any possible SourceMod plugin additions we have to complement the update. Highly recommended, but you can compile without the updater requirement if you so wish.

Cvars
tf2x10_version
DO NOT TOUCH THIS EVER

tf2x10_autoupdate (default: 1)
Tells updater.smx to automatically update this plugin. 0 = off, 1 = on.

tf2x10_crits_diamondback (default: 10)
Number of crits after successful sap with Diamondback equipped.

tf2x10_crits_fj (default: 10)
Number of crits after Frontier kill or for buildings. Half this for assists.

tf2x10_crits_manmelter (default: 10)
Number of crits after Manmelter extinguishes player.

tf2x10_enabled (default: 1)
Toggle TF2x10. 0 = disable, 1 = enable

tf2x10_gamedesc (default: 1)
Toggle setting game description. 0 = disable, 1 = enable.

tf2x10_headscaling (default: 1)
Enable any decapitation weapon (eyelander etc) to grow their head as they gain heads. 0 = off, 1 = on.

tf2x10_headscalingcap (float, default: 6.0)
The number of heads before head scaling stops growing their head. 6.0 = 24 heads.

tf2x10_healthcap (default: 2100)
The max health a player can have. -1 to disable.

tf2x10_includebots (default: 0)
1 allows bots (MvM or not) to receive TF2x10 weapons, 0 disables this.

Admin Commands
  • sm_tf2x10_disable
    Disable TF2x10.
  • sm_tf2x10_enable
    Enable TF2x10.
  • sm_tf2x10_getmod
    Gets the current "mod" that is loaded over the default x10 weapons. See below.
  • sm_tf2x10_recache
    Clears the x10 weapon trie cache and loads x10.default.txt. Useful if you're testing out attributes on-the-fly.
  • sm_tf2x10_setmod filename
    Sets the current "mod". e.g. if the file is named x10.myweaponstuffs.txt then you will do sm_tf2x10_setmod myweaponstuffs

Mods

All TF2x10 weapon stats are placed in x10.default.txt in the configs folder. The TF2x10 weapon plugin also includes rudimentary tf2items-esque coded weapon mods that will allow you to load different weapon attributes than what will be loaded from the main default file. An example of this is x10.vshff2.txt, which is manually loaded on map change by a VSH/FF2 x10 server I run. Things in this file will cancel out things in the default.

Note that in your x10.(whatever file name here).txt file, the first line should be what you named your file.

See x10.vshff2.txt and how things are done if you want a good example. Please, NEVER touch x10.default.txt as that will be updated as Valve sends out weapon attribute changes, and it's so much easier to load a "mod" so you don't have to go through the hassle of modifying things.

Changelog

Spoiler

Known Compatibility With Other Game Mods

TF2x10's goal is for 100% compatibility with game mods. There may be one or two other game mods that will not ever work with x10, and that is fine. But things like Randomizer, Saxton Hale, Prop Hunt, etc. is what we're trying to be compatible with. Here's the full list:

• Advanced Weaponiser -- due to the way it gives weapons, will not load tf2x10 if present.
  • Freak Fortress 2 & VS Saxton Hale -- should work mostly but some things (e.g. powerjack) and kunai may need to be adjusted. More info coming soon.
  • Randomizer -- currently has something going with it that it crashes(?) it may be my server. In my bitbucket, there's a very unstable randomizer in it that you can try out, but I'd much rather get it to where the x10 plugin can take over stuff without needing to modify the actual plugin.

Anymore that you want to post in this thread, feel free.

Credits and Thanks

Coders
InvisGhost - original x10 plugin to complement the tf2items txt
Isatis - overhaul, implementing TF2Attributes and pretty much 90% of what you see in the source
Wliu - New maintainer after isatis left
Dark Skript - bugfixing, additional support
RavenShadow - additional support

Weapon Attributists
UltiMario - creating the mod and weapon attributes
Mr. Blue - PR and weapon attributes

Thanks
FlaminSarge - for putting up with me and for some code examples I took (e.g. loading into trie) :p

Downloads

Releases
Source

or, if you prefer Bitbucket (and a stable source code revision)...
Downloads (HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATED IN FOREVER, NOT RECOMMENDED)
Source

Place tf2x10.smx in the addons/sourcemod/plugins folder and x10.default.cfg in the addons/sourcemod/configs folder. In addition, download tf2items.randomizer.txt from the Randomizer page and place in addons/sourcemod/gamedata. Launch, and go!

If you are having any issues with the plugin itself, please post in this thread instead of contacting anyone on the x10 team individually so we can better help you. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tf2x10.sp - 2552 views - 55.9 KB)
File Type: smx tf2x10.smx (33.7 KB, 3844 views)
File Type: txt x10.default.txt (78.9 KB, 4164 views)

Last edited by Wliu; 08-03-2016 at 22:15. Reason: 1.7.4
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2015 , 23:20   Re: [TF2] TF2x10 - Multiply a Weapon's Stats by 10 v1.4.4
Reply With Quote #2

Please consider uploading a local (even if it becomes outdated) copy of the project to AlliedModders (attach in this thread) so we can avoid the whole "github page is missing" fiasco again in the future.

(Just a suggestion - you can ignore it if you want. I've seen a few instances where plugins went dead because the external site was taken down.)

Last edited by Potato Uno; 08-27-2015 at 23:21.
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 08-28-2015 , 10:22   Re: [TF2] TF2x10 - Multiply a Weapon's Stats by 10 v1.4.4
Reply With Quote #3

Yeah, I definitely will. I just wanted to get the new thread out first .
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2015 , 16:40   Re: [TF2] TF2x10 - Multiply a Weapon's Stats by 10 v1.4.5
Reply With Quote #4

@Potato Uno Done!

In addition, 1.4.5 nerfs the Quickiebomb Launcher...again.
Old 08-29-2015 , 17:33   tf2x10
Reply With Quote #5

Hi, I want to make a server with tf2x10 but I can't get it to work. Can you please help me? add me on http://steamcommunity.com/id/PissJar69
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2015 , 20:23   Re: tf2x10
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissJar View Post
Hi, I want to make a server with tf2x10 but I can't get it to work. Can you please help me? add me on http://steamcommunity.com/id/PissJar69
Just say what's not working on the forums.
Old 08-29-2015 , 22:27   Re: tf2x10
Reply With Quote #7

The plugin itself just doesn't load, although I've installed everything I need for it & put everything in the correct places, add me on steam please.. is easier to fix
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2015 , 23:50   Re: [TF2] TF2x10 - Multiply a Weapon's Stats by 10 v1.4.5
Reply With Quote #8

That doesn't help us at all. Type:

sm plugins load tf2x10

on your server console or via rcon and tell us what error message is being printed.

And fixing it on the forums is far more ideal, because if someone else comes across the same problem like you did and we manage to solve it, they can just read our solution as opposed to asking the same question again.
PissJar
Old 08-30-2015 , 07:04   Re: [TF2] TF2x10 - Multiply a Weapon's Stats by 10 v1.4.5
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
That doesn't help us at all. Type:

sm plugins load tf2x10

on your server console or via rcon and tell us what error message is being printed.

And fixing it on the forums is far more ideal, because if someone else comes across the same problem like you did and we manage to solve it, they can just read our solution as opposed to asking the same question again.
*types sm plugins load tf2x10*
[SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
[SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: Failed to set up EquipWearable sdkcall. Get a new gamedata/tf2items.randomizer.txt from [TF2Items] GiveWeapon.
[SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "tf2x10.smx":
[SM] [0] line 211, tf2x10.sp:repSDKCalls()
[SM] [1] line 139, tf2x10.sp::OnPluginStart()
[SM] Loaded plugin tf2x10.smx successfully.

Commands for the plugin etc still won't work, though.
PissJar
Old 08-30-2015 , 07:36   Re: [TF2] TF2x10 - Multiply a Weapon's Stats by 10 v1.4.5
Reply With Quote #10

Fixed it, thanks for the help anyways