Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    A workaround to the Zoey crash on Windows
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    No longer required. Valve fixed the issue
    Old 02-14-2015 , 13:39   [L4D2] FakeZoey (Updated 04-13-2015)
    Reply With Quote #1

About : We all know Zoey is unusable in Windows because Valve has somehow not fixed the crash issue, so this plugin is a remedy to that (THIS WILL NOT FIX THE CRASH)

How it works :
    Utilizing Scene Processor and Nick as our base character, we give the character a Zoey model, and if both of these conditions are met, every single line is intercepted and replaced with a Zoey equivalent.

This plugin has been sort of done for a few months now, there are simply a few final touches needed however, since I stopped working on it, and won't in the foreseeable future, I decided to release it in it's current state, which is to say about 95% finished.

This same plugin was used in the Survivor Death Animations restore video Here
    As you can see, it's a perfectly working Zoey on Windows!

This plugin requires scene processor to compile.

TO use this plugin, set you m_survivorcharacter netprop to 0 (Nick) and then give yourself a Zoey Model, or, download the precompiled version of Survivor Chat Select and simply use Zoey from there!

CVARs :
    Code:
    "l4d2_fake_zoey_version" - current version of the FakeZoey plugin
    Code:
    Version 1.0    02-14-2015 
    - Initial Release (80 views)

Version 1.1    03-24-2015
    - Some small code cleanup (Removed Mourn Fix as it was made into its own plugin)
    - FakeZoey now screams the names of L4D1 survivors when they die and they do the same for her
    - CallForRescue now implemented for FakeZoey (this still has issues, While she'll have Zoey voice, Nick text will still show up in closed captions)
    - Added updated Survivor Chat Select plugin

Version 1.2   04-13-2015
    - Fixed an invalid array index error caused by the CallForRescue Fix

Bugs :

Code:
    - This is not a bug, but;
    Zoey will speak in Nick's voice when in a rescue closet because it is not the actual character speaking, and as such, it is impossible to replace those lines with Zoey's lines.
    Now, the plugin by itself only does the following :
    It needs a player's survivor to be set to Nick, and then have their survivor model changed to Zoey, and it will work, however, their hands and icons will be Nick's.

However, a L4D2 version of Sendproxy Manager has been compiled, and with it, I made a modified Version of Survivor Chat Select to make it so that the client will also have Zoey arms and icons.

Check out the source for SendProxy here.

Reminder : This is NOT a Zoey fix, just a workaround. In actuality this is Nick, meaning you cannot do any Zoey specific vocalizations, and she won't take part in interactions with the L4D1 survivors on L4D1 campaigns

NOTE : If you only download Fake Zoey, you will still have Nick Arms and Icons, Download and Install SendProxy to achieve the best possible Zoey experience!

If you want to have all 8 Survivors EVEN in L4D1 campaigns, this post will help you accomplish it.

IF YOU DO NOT RUN A DEDICATED SERVER, BUT STILL WANT TO USE FAKEZOEY IN SINGLE PLAYER, CHECK OUT THIS POST.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip SendProxy_and_SCS_plugin.zip (65.0 KB, 3473 views)
    File Type: zip FakeZoey.zip (33.7 KB, 3580 views)

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 04-13-2015 at 19:23.
    Sev
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-14-2015 , 15:25   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey
    Reply With Quote #2

Excellent work Deathchaos25.

Now those who want Zoey on a windows server can do it.

Though I thought the proxy manager wasn't working for L4D2?

I thought I recalled a post about how the proxy wouldn't allow for L4D2 survivors arms and icons on L4D1 campaigns in set 2? For instance, no arms or icons for Ro, Coach, Ellis or Nick on L4D1 campaigns regardless of the proxy manager?

Could be wrong of course. If not, that would also be another great fix if you could accomplish that.

Last edited by Sev; 02-14-2015 at 15:29.
    DeathChaos25
    Old 02-14-2015 , 15:33   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    Excellent work Deathchaos25.

Now those who want Zoey on a windows server can do it.

Though I thought the proxy manager wasn't working for L4D2?

I thought I recalled a post about how the proxy wouldn't allow for L4D2 survivors arms and icons on L4D1 campaigns in set 2? For instance, no arms or icons for Ro, Coach, Ellis or Nick on L4D1 campaigns regardless of the proxy manager?

Could be wrong of course. If not, that would also be another great fix if you could accomplish that.
    Correct, there is currently no possible way of having L4D2 arms/icons in L4D1 campaigns, simply because of the fact that they are never loaded into memory because the L4D1 icons are loaded over the L4D2 ones.

Value 0 (Nick) becomes Bill
    Value 1 (Rochelle) becomes Zoey
    Value 2 (Coach) becomes Louis
    Value 3 (Ellis) becomes Francis

and from 4 and on they repeat again.

As for Proxy Manager, Machine compiled a version which works with l4D2
    Old 02-14-2015 , 15:38   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey
    Reply With Quote #4

Ah I see.

Good fix nonetheless.
    DeathChaos25
    Old 02-15-2015 , 11:47   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey
    Reply With Quote #5

For those of you who want to have all 8 survivors on every possible campaign (even L4D1 campaigns like the sacrifice) but don't know how to do so, it's very easy.

By making use of Left 4 Downtown 2, we can force the L4D2 survivor set on every campaign.

Spoiler

By simply installing this small plugin you can now have all 8 survivors on every campaign.

DO note that on L4D1 campaigns the arms/icons for the L4D2 survivors will not be usable, so Nick will have Bill arms/icons, Ellis will use Francis, etc

Obviously, the plugin requires Left4Downtown2 to compile and work.

EDIT: This version is no longer supported as of Last Stand update, use this version instead;

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=175
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (forceset.sp - 2353 views - 844 Bytes)
    File Type: smx forceset.smx (3.2 KB, 4537 views)

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 10-03-2020 at 17:50.
    Krufftys Killers
    Old 02-15-2015 , 19:45   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeathChaos25 View Post
    For those of you who want to have all 8 survivors on every possible campaign (even L4D1 campaigns like the sacrifice) but don't know how to do so, it's very easy.

By making use of Left 4 Downtown 2, we can force the L4D2 survivor set on every campaign.

Spoiler

By simply installing this small plugin you can now have all 8 survivors on every campaign.

DO note that on L4D1 campaigns the arms/icons for the L4D2 survivors will not be usable, so Nick will have Bill arms/icons, Ellis will use Francis, etc

Obviously, the plugin requires Left4Downtown2 to compile and work.
    Do we still need FakeZoey plugin and survivor_chat_select with your fix?

Last edited by Krufftys Killers; 02-15-2015 at 19:47.
    DeathChaos25
    Old 02-15-2015 , 19:57   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Krufftys Killers View Post
    Do we still need FakeZoey plugin and survivor_chat_select with your fix?
    Yes, all the other plugin does is force the L4D2 survivor set in L4D1 campaigns, which is the set where Zoey is broken and crashes the game. If you need to edit any of the included plugins (like survivor_chat_select), all of the .sp files where included

Last edited by DeathChaos25; 02-15-2015 at 20:09.
    HilbertPL
    Old 02-26-2015 , 12:32   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey
    Reply With Quote #8

I installed "Fake Zoey" "Send Proxy" etc and "Scene Processor" Zoey still have nick's voice... What i'm doing bad?

And console saying : [SM] Unable to load plugin "fakezoey.smx" : Native "__FLOAT_LE__" was not found

Last edited by HilbertPL; 02-26-2015 at 12:38.
    Sev
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-26-2015 , 12:54   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey
    Reply With Quote #9

I'm no expert.

But I think it might be something to do with plugins being compiled against a newer/newest sourcemod.

In which case, if someone else is using an older version, they may get that error. I'm probably wrong, but I feel like that could be it. Deathchaos could probably confirm that.
    HilbertPL
    Old 02-26-2015 , 12:56   Re: [L4D2] FakeZoey
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    I'm no expert.

But I think it might be something to do with plugins being compiled against a newer/newest sourcemod.

In which case, if someone else is using an older version, they may get that error. I'm probably wrong, but I feel like that could be it. Deathchaos could probably confirm that.
    Yeah i thought the old "survivor chat select" plugin will be the problem. I deleted that plugin but nothing new happend..

*EDIT*

Ok. Sev, i love you
    I downloaded the new version of Source mod. Now Zoey works fine !

Last edited by HilbertPL; 02-26-2015 at 13:05.