12% 

Plugin stats

Post New Thread Reply   

luki1412
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2017 , 05:24   Plugin stats
Reply With Quote #1

Hey,

I wanted to know why can't you get your plugins tracked anymore. Why isnt this automated? I understand that not everyone wants to see stats or track their plugins but you could just add an option to enable/disable tracking when creating a thread in the plugins section. And although the FAQ states that you can get your addons tracked, i sent a couple of emails months ago and never got my plugins tracked. No response, nothing. Not many other websites exist that provide such stats either. I only know of gametracker(rip gamemonitor) and that website shows some weird data. Do you know any other websites like this?
Old 10-23-2017 , 08:03   Re: Plugin stats
Reply With Quote #2

You can't track plugins using server tracker websites. It can only show the server side cvars. You can kind of guess the plugins that the server is using by remembering their custom cvars.
Old 10-23-2017 , 16:45   Re: Plugin stats
Reply With Quote #3

Im talking about the public version cvars and http://www.sourcemod.net/newstats.php keep track of them. Its built into this forum but not available to everyone.
Old 10-24-2017 , 03:36   Re: Plugin stats
Reply With Quote #4

All posted SourceMod plugins are tracked automatically if the author fills in the version cvar field.
Old 10-24-2017 , 09:06   Re: Plugin stats
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
All posted SourceMod plugins are tracked automatically if the author fills in the version cvar field.
Then theres something broken there. All of my plugins have version cvars with the flag. Majority isnt tracked.
Old 10-24-2017 , 09:15   Re: Plugin stats
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by luki1412 View Post
Then theres something broken there. All of my plugins have version cvars with the flag. Majority isnt tracked.
You need to make sure that you include the cvar when you initially post the plugin, changing it later requires plugin approver intervention.

I have reapproved all your existing plugins and they should show up in the next stats collection (up to 8 hours).
Old 10-24-2017 , 09:30   Re: Plugin stats
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
You need to make sure that you include the cvar when you initially post the plugin, changing it later requires plugin approver intervention.

I have reapproved all your existing plugins and they should show up in the next stats collection (up to 8 hours).
Well sometimes you make a mistake or you forget to add it or you just change your plugin. Are we supposed to contact sourcemod approvers in those cases? I can imagine this would be annoying to deal with, considering the amount of plugins. This also makes FAQ on the sourcemod website outdated.

Thank you for reapproving them.
Old 10-24-2017 , 09:33   Re: Plugin stats
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by luki1412 View Post
Well sometimes you make a mistake or you forget to add it or you just change your plugin. Are we supposed to contact sourcemod approvers in those cases?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
You only get one chance at a public cvar. If you change the cvar name, it will not take effect unless your plugin gets unapproved and reapproved. For this, use the "Report Post" button.
Old 10-24-2017 , 09:46   Re: Plugin stats
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Yes.
What to do if the name changes? The website doesnt autoupdate the name of the plugin. Just like in http://www.sourcemod.net/newstats.ph...&addon_id=2640 I had to split it into two threads because it was getting difficult to update with two plugins on one page. Version cvar hasnt been changed so its working fine but the name of the plugin is incorrect.