Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Kill log and Web Panel

Post New Thread Reply   

dstoler
Old 04-12-2015 , 07:24   Re: [TF2] Kill log and Web Panel
Reply With Quote #61

So I have figured out the problem to my above post after 3 days of messing with it (sad I know but Im a newbie) The problem for me was the data tables are not able to display everything horizontally therefore it kicks back an error for data tables warning: ajax error. I figured this out by opening players.php and scrolling down to the ajax script and deleting the line that says:

Quote:
{ "data": "auth", "visible" : false },
Then I closed the gap that I just made and refreshed the page and it is now showing the players.php page! Although still some minor bugs. I have been searching through the .css files attempting to make my page wider (possibly the datatables.bootstrap.css but I really am unsure. I changed every minimum @media to 978px and nothing. Then I found the stats.css and I am guessing that is Pickles' custom css file that supersedes all of the bootstrap.css files? The funny thing is, 3 days ago I knew dick about anything to do with php or jquery and now Id rather be doing that than gaming.

If anyone can tell me how to adjust the size of the web panel so that the data tables can populate and stop kicking back warnings and 404 not found errors, I would greatly appreciate it.

One more thing, you can do the same thing with the items.php file to verify that the issue is there and after deleting a few data lines your page will populate with the remaining items info.
Old 04-12-2015 , 17:53   Re: [TF2] Kill log and Web Panel
Reply With Quote #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstoler View Post
So I have figured out the problem to my above post after 3 days of messing with it (sad I know but Im a newbie) The problem for me was the data tables are not able to display everything horizontally therefore it kicks back an error for data tables warning: ajax error. I figured this out by opening players.php and scrolling down to the ajax script and deleting the line that says:

Then I closed the gap that I just made and refreshed the page and it is now showing the players.php page! Although still some minor bugs. I have been searching through the .css files attempting to make my page wider (possibly the datatables.bootstrap.css but I really am unsure. I changed every minimum @media to 978px and nothing. Then I found the stats.css and I am guessing that is Pickles' custom css file that supersedes all of the bootstrap.css files? The funny thing is, 3 days ago I knew dick about anything to do with php or jquery and now Id rather be doing that than gaming.

If anyone can tell me how to adjust the size of the web panel so that the data tables can populate and stop kicking back warnings and 404 not found errors, I would greatly appreciate it.

One more thing, you can do the same thing with the items.php file to verify that the issue is there and after deleting a few data lines your page will populate with the remaining items info.

That line is required since datatables is pulling all data from the ajax call. The steamid, represented by auth, is not visible in the table and does not have any affect on the table width, only on the ability to draw the table.

If you want to increase the panel width add this to stats.css

Code:
div.container {
    width: 100%;
}
Any CSS changes should be made to stats.css it is the last style loading and will overrule others.

Last edited by Pickles47; 04-12-2015 at 17:58.
dstoler
Old 04-12-2015 , 20:34   Re: [TF2] Kill log and Web Panel
Reply With Quote #63

Thank you so much for responding. You do not know how much I appreciate you and the work you have done. It has totally changed my view on a lot of things and inspired me. Im currently working on more graphs using rgraphs to implement with the database killlog makes.

Ok I added the css to make the table span across the whole page. But I still get a data table warning on the players page and the items page. UNLESS I delete one of these lines from players.php:

Quote:
{ "data": "name" },
{ "data": "kills" },
{ "data": "deaths" },
{ "data": "assists" },
{ "data": "kpd" },
{ "data": "kpm" },
{ "data": "playtime" },
{ "data": "disconnect_time" }
If I take away the kills line the warning goes away and the page loads with the correct data. Same for any of the other lines. Do you know why this is?

Last edited by dstoler; 04-12-2015 at 20:57.
Pickles47
Old 04-13-2015 , 17:27   Re: [TF2] Kill log and Web Panel
Reply With Quote #64

Probably because you removed a header cell, <TH> tag, for auth, it is required to build the table but will remain hidden since { "data": "auth", "visible" : false }. Auth is the steamid and is required for redirection to player profiles page, but since that information is important only to that, it is hidden.

I would assume the same problem exists somewhere in your items page.

EDIT
Code:
      $('#stats').css( 'display', 'block' );
       table.columns.adjust().draw();
Is a safe bet for causing issues on Items page.

Seems like all your problems stem from your attempts at increasing the page width.

Last edited by Pickles47; 04-13-2015 at 17:50.
dstoler
Old 04-13-2015 , 17:52   Re: [TF2] Kill log and Web Panel
Reply With Quote #65

I was attempting to increase the page width to troubleshoot the problem. I just added that today during troubleshooting. The issues on the items and players page all comes from default settings. Other people are having the same issue and I have been trying to fix it for 5 days now. As I said, the ONLY way for anything to appear on the players.php page and not error out with a data tables warning is to remove any ONE of these lines:

Quote:
{ "data": "name" }
Quote:
Quote:
{ "data": "kills" },
Quote:
{ "data": "deaths" },
Quote:
{ "data": "kpd" },
Quote:
{ "data": "kpm" },
Quote:
{ "data": "playtime" },
Quote:
{ "data": "disconnect_time" }
Increasing the page width did not fix it as each column also increased in size (still same percentage per column even though fullscreen) So I am confident that adjusting the column widths individually will fix the problem. Maybe I am wrong but its worth a shot. I have just had no luck on doing that. I have tried many commands for the table but nothing is working for me.
I dont know what could be the issue and I definitely do not know why taking away any one of these lines makes my players.php load the table with the data from the database. I would be willing to pay you again if you could tidy this up for me, whatever info you need just ask. You can add me on steam If you would like to talk further. Thanks!

Last edited by dstoler; 04-13-2015 at 18:02.
dstoler
Old 04-13-2015 , 23:42   Re: [TF2] Kill log and Web Panel
Reply With Quote #66

Ok so pickles hooked me up! If anyone is having issues with a few pages on the website (players.php and items.php) and it is a datatables warning, it is due to the query string (dynamic url) being too long and too many Bits. So I am hosting all of my stuff from Microsoft's IIS and to fix it all I had to do was locate the web.config file that is auto generated from IIS (sort of like the .htaccess file) you need to put this:

Quote:
<configuration>
<system.webServer>
<security>
<requestFiltering>
<requestLimits maxQueryString="3000" maxUrl="1000" />
</requestFiltering>
</security>
</system.webServer>
</configuration>
Tis will allow IIS to deal with very long url's with no errors. Careful because it is a security risk to allow much more than the default (2048mb I believe)

I hope this helped someone, because I sure know it would have saved me days of trouble shooting had I known!
Old 04-16-2015 , 12:52   Re: [TF2] Kill log and Web Panel
Reply With Quote #67

The web panel has been updated by Pickles. He changed all of the GET's to POST and is now more efficient. Also it should fix the above issue without making the changes I mentioned.
Old 06-18-2015 , 18:49   Re: [TF2] Kill log and Web Panel
Reply With Quote #68

For some users I can't view a page with their info, yet I can for other users. Any reason why/solution for it?
FlyingAnonymoose
Old 06-18-2015 , 19:36   Re: [TF2] Kill log and Web Panel
Reply With Quote #69

Figured it out. For some reason this statement is being activated, thus completely removing the page when the only thing that is missing is a profile picture:

Code:
if (!$profile || ($profile['time'] < strtotime("-1 week")))
EDIT: Whoopsies, my bad, I updated my Steam API Key and forgot to change it in the file

Last edited by FlyingAnonymoose; 06-21-2015 at 00:59.
braak0327
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-24-2015 , 06:05   Re: [TF2] Kill log and Web Panel
Reply With Quote #70

no more update?