Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Teleporter Entrances in Spawn

Post New Thread Reply   

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 01-12-2010 , 17:45   Re: [TF2] Teleporter Entrances in Spawn
Reply With Quote #11

Well. I know of at least one server that uses that. Although I have no clue if they are windows or linux.

I will say, its fairly cheap and stupid imo. Makes teles godlike not being able to sapp them, but thats not the point of the question anyways...

Anyways, nemus 24/7 dustbowl server has it loaded. I have no clue if they accomplish this with a plugin or extension. Maybe you can talk to server admin there and see if he will tell you...

Did you try searching this forum?

Last edited by retsam; 01-12-2010 at 17:48.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-12-2010 , 18:57   Re: [TF2] Teleporter Entrances in Spawn
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNine View Post
Geez, talk about bring a post back from the dead...
Better than creating a duplicate though eh?

I'm searching for any way to allow engies to build their entrances within the spawn area. I used to use the Linux extension posted above until I moved to a new server provider, this one being a Windows box.

Has anyone become aware of a way to accomplish this on such a configuration?
I'll work on adding windows support to the teleport extension. Can't promise much, I'll do my best.
noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-12-2010 , 19:52   Re: [TF2] Teleporter Entrances in Spawn
Reply With Quote #13

Couldn't you use BAILOPAN's Stripper?
MisterNine
Old 01-12-2010 , 20:40   Re: [TF2] Teleporter Entrances in Spawn
Reply With Quote #14

Retsam: How do you think I found this thread? It wasn't exactly first page news. And yes, I played exclusively on Nemu's servers for quite some time. Even back when they used fakeclients I would still join up and play.

Pheadxdll: Thank you so much. My new windows server feels broken without your mod.

Noodleboy: No. I've been using stripper to touch up ugly custom maps for a while now. It can not strip the build restrictions from the spawn area.

Last edited by MisterNine; 01-12-2010 at 20:43.
MisterNine
Old 01-20-2010 , 18:04   Re: [TF2] Teleporter Entrances in Spawn
Reply With Quote #15

Nemu's servers have actually begun using either a modified version of this extension or a different extension as you can only build entrances inside the spawn now. Nothing else. This is highly desirable as it solves the problem of enemy spies being teleported into the spawn by griefers.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-25-2010 , 18:58   Re: [TF2] Teleporter Entrances in Spawn
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Nemu's servers have actually begun using either a modified version of this extension or a different extension as you can only build entrances inside the spawn now. Nothing else. This is highly desirable as it solves the problem of enemy spies being teleported into the spawn by griefers.
I made a linux version that fixes this. You can select which buildables are allowed to be constructed within a respawn room. Hopefully I can get it ported to windows soon and release.

I've seen Nemu's version, most likely he's doing something completely different. I like my way more, because it gives feedback as your placing a building. On his server, for instance, you get a X as your placing, but you can still build there. Small difference, but there you are.
MisterNine
Old 01-26-2010 , 16:09   Re: [TF2] Teleporter Entrances in Spawn
Reply With Quote #17

If you require a window server for testing, send me a private message and I'll help in whatever way I can. Also if you complete this windows port, I can most certainly give you a donation for your efforts.
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-26-2010 , 19:59   Re: [TF2] Teleporter Entrances in Spawn
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
If you require a window server for testing, send me a private message and I'll help in whatever way I can. Also if you complete this windows port, I can most certainly give you a donation for your efforts.
Took some doing (had to rewrite it), but I got your windows port: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1068825 Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for offering a contribution, normally I wouldn't accept, but I'm jobless. It'll help make sure the extension stays current throughout any Valve updates, thanks!